I need help some help making characters...

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

I need help some help making characters...

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

I am going to GM a game with 8 preteens and teenagers in a bit under 2 weeks, and instead of having them roll up their own, I actually want to give them premade characters to choose from. So, I need, at level 1: 4 faeries (1 of each will work), 1 gnomish wizard minus the spells that the character selects, 1 Elven ranger; psimage; and , 1 draconid wizard (Rift: Phase World Source Book...do SDC. And was born on Bob (PF world's name...[Shut up Shannon, I can hear you chuckle from here!]), a human noble; squire; barbarian; knight, a dwarven earth warlock again minus the spells, a rattling buccaneer, and a bugbear thief and assassin...oh and also need a priest. Whatever else you what to throw in there.

But, let them pick the spells and psionics.
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: I need help some help making characters...

Unread post by kiralon »

Talk about chaos

Good luck sir
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowHawk wrote:I am going to GM a game with 8 preteens and teenagers in a bit under 2 weeks, and instead of having them roll up their own, I actually want to give them premade characters to choose from. So, I need, at level 1: 4 faeries (1 of each will work), 1 gnomish wizard minus the spells that the character selects, 1 Elven ranger; psimage; and , 1 draconid wizard (Rift: Phase World Source Book...do SDC. And was born on Bob (PF world's name...[Shut up Shannon, I can hear you chuckle from here!]), a human noble; squire; barbarian; knight, a dwarven earth warlock again minus the spells, a rattling buccaneer, and a bugbear thief and assassin...oh and also need a priest. Whatever else you what to throw in there.

That's quite a combination. What do you need help with? What's the general plot you're going for?
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Hotrod wrote:
ShadowHawk wrote:I am going to GM a game with 8 preteens and teenagers in a bit under 2 weeks, and instead of having them roll up their own, I actually want to give them premade characters to choose from. So, I need, at level 1: 4 faeries (1 of each will work), 1 gnomish wizard minus the spells that the character selects, 1 Elven ranger; psimage; and , 1 draconid wizard (Rift: Phase World Source Book...do SDC. And was born on Bob (PF world's name...[Shut up Shannon, I can hear you chuckle from here!]), a human noble; squire; barbarian; knight, a dwarven earth warlock again minus the spells, a rattling buccaneer, and a bugbear thief and assassin...oh and also need a priest. Whatever else you what to throw in there.

That's quite a combination. What do you need help with? What's the general plot you're going for?

I'm pulling doubles at work 7 days a week and Shannon (PBlackCrow) can not help with it this time. He is staying really busy sending reiki long distance, plus he's still grieving a bit over the loss of his mother. Also everyone else is either busy. So, I need someone to please make the characters. Not sure yet on the plot...it'll be after they pick out a character, I am going to do a session 0 to get some understanding of what to expect before establishing the 1 major and 2 minor plots. Other then establishing the setting, taking notes about how well they do when the goblins come to raid the town looking for the mcguffin, and getting some input.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Party: more good or selfish or evil?

Priest: Light or dark?

And if people have delivered a char, sound off what you made & donated.

EDIT: sent in a common faerie, & a Night-Elf Faerie, & a Green Wood Faerie & a Silver Bell Faerie.
All are like con pre-gens unisex and needing a bit of personalization.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Wed May 13, 2020 12:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowHawk wrote:
Hotrod wrote:

I'm pulling doubles at work 7 days a week and Shannon (PBlackCrow) can not help with it this time. He is staying really busy sending reiki long distance, plus he's still grieving a bit over the loss of his mother. Also everyone else is either busy. So, I need someone to please make the characters. Not sure yet on the plot...it'll be after they pick out a character, I am going to do a session 0 to get some understanding of what to expect before establishing the 1 major and 2 minor plots. Other then establishing the setting, taking notes about how well they do when the goblins come to raid the town looking for the mcguffin, and getting some input.

Before you set yourself or someone else out to crunch through a marathon character creation session, I strongly recommend you develop your game concept more. I can't even consider helping you unless I have more specifics.

The total character count you gave is something like 16 characters. That's... a lot. Are you actually GMing 16 people (8 teens +8 pre-teens) or just 8?
You want four faeries, "one of each." What does that mean? There are Common, Green Wood, Night-Elves, Silver Bells, Grogach, Hairy Jack, Kelpie, Kinnie Ger, Leprechaun, Mermaids, Merrows, Nymphs, Common Pixies, Frost Pixies, Puck, Satyrs, Spriggans, Tree Sprites, Water Sprites, Wind Puff Sprites, Toad Stools, and Will-o-the-Wisps.
You want a Draconid Wizard from a Phase World sourcebook. There are a bunch of Phase World Sourcebooks. Which one do you mean? Also, do you want this one to have the Fantasy version of the Wizard O.C.C. (as in born/raised in Fantasy), or do you want this creature's skills to reflect the phase world setting (not from around here)?
What is a psimage and where do I find it? Are you talking about a Mystic?
You want a human noble. Do you have any specific political affiliation for this noble?
You want a dwarf warlock. That's not an optional O.C.C. for dwarves. Are you playing your own setting here?

Also...
Which P.C.'s are male and which are female?
What age do you want these P.C.'s to be?
What about their family background?
Where do you want them to be from?
Do they all need to speak the same language? Which one?

You seem to have some very specific requests, but no real direction here.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Okay, a lot of stuff was typed there, but I wasn't 100% sure I followed all of it (similar to Hotrod), so I wrote it in a list that will be clearer to me (and maybe others). If I have any of these wrong, please let me know.

List wrote:All characters start at Level 1, 0 experience points.

Fairly confident on:
Gnome (PF2 Main Book) Wizard (PF2 Main Book)
Elf (PF2 Main Book) Ranger (PF2 Main Book)
Human (PF2 Main Book) Noble (PF2 Main Book)

Had to guess about the race:
Elf (PF2 Main Book) Psi-Mystic (PF2 Main Book)*
Human (PF2 Main Book) Squire (PF2 Main Book)
Human (PF2 Main Book) Knight (PF2 Main Book)
Dwarf (PF2 Main Book) Earth Warlock (PF2 Main Book): This bugs me as an individual (Dwarves don't do magic, but not my game and not my campaign, so none of my business and I'm still willing to help)

* I'm guessing "psimage" is Psi-Mystic, but that is only a guess

Human (PF2 Main Book) Barbarian (PF13: Hinterlands)
Dracoind (RDB2: Phaseworld, page 35) Wizard (PF2 Main Book): Born on the same world ("Bob") as the others (so same skill selections).
Ratling (Monsters & Animals) Buccaneer (the specialized Dwarvling R.C.C. from Monsters & Animals page 41, or did you mean one of the seafaring O.C.C. from Adventures on the High Seas, such as the Pirate?)
Bugbear (Monsters & Animals) Thief (PF2 Main Book)
Bugbear (Monsters & Animals) Assassin (PF2 Main Book)
Common Faerie**
Faerie: Green Wood**
Faerie: Night-Elves**
Faerie: Silver Bells**

** As Hotrod mentioned, there are more than just 4 Faeries, but those 4 specifically have the word "Faerie" in their names, so guessing you meant those?

Any race (?) Priest of Light or Dark (?) (PF2 Main Book)

Using the PF Interactive Character Sheet, I made a helper sheet that I can easily pull up a pre-generated character for anything with a PF2 Main Book Race and O.C.C./P.C.C. I can have something for you by this weekend, if you'd like. The others would be more effort (of varying degree).

Also, as Hotrod asked, do you want a standard language among them? Do you want full standard equipment lists? Do you want more detailed backstories? The answers to these questions can also add time to varying degrees. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Suspiria
D-Bee

Unread post by Suspiria »

You have my respect, that's quite a collection of players. I bet they're gonna keep you nice and busy running that game. I'd help out but I've only just began relearning Palladium's rules after a very very long time in multiple editions of D&D and Pathfinder. Sounds like you should have fun though. :ok:
~FIN~
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

With making the Faeries (the four types of fairy folk that are 'faeries') I presumed that humans had one language and since there was going to be an elf in the party set the two PC languages they got to Lang; Human and Lang. Elf.

What you meant by Psi-mage? the Psi-Mystic (called a 'mystic' in rifts) or the Mind Mage (called a 'mind melter' in rifts)?
Does it have to be a draconid? or can it be a lizard mage (PF2 M&A page 111-113)?
Bug Bear....is it a thief turned assassin or......?

Since the world have the same name as the plant in TITAN AE, I figured that for the dwarves would not of gone through the period of cleansing that the PF Game world did.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I also meant to ask about attributes.

1: Totally random rolls? So a Wizard with minimum I.Q. but P.S. of 26 is fine?

2: Random as long as it's thematically accurate? So keep retooling as many times as needed?

3: Average with maybe a few higher than normal?

4: Special system?

Please advise. Farewell and safe journeys.

Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

DrewKitty:

I'm not playing the alignments.
Light
sound off what I made & donated??? I'm not sure what you meant.

HotRod:

8 player: 3 12 y/o, 1 13 y/o, 1 14 y/p, and 3 15 y/o.
Common, Green Wood, Night-Elves, Silver Bells.
The one with the Draconid in it...I think it's the first one. As in born & raised in the fantasy setting.
I meant the mind mage, sorry...pg 161.
Not that it matters but, 2nd in line for a title of sometype. I will roll for it later.
They are in our version or the Palladium world.
Let them decide the gender, and age, no alignment restriction...however, make the knight 21, squire 14, the draconid 21, and the noble 18.
Roll for everyone but the draconid...mother is an elven alchemist on Y-oda and the father is an ice dragon.
Eastern Territories...Duke's port (An ocean city port in the Kingdom of Wisdom).
Eastern.

Prysus:

No, I meat the Mind Mage in the main book. Sorry.
And dwarfs are born warlocks in my games.
Seafaring class.
Hummm...Intriguingly enough, why not make the priest of light a changeling...and if he makes his roll for psionics give him some from healing category.

Okay, sounds cool.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

That's fine...Plus elven is the common language.
Mind Mage.
Yes, sorry. It has to be a draconid.
Wrong. Bob's the name that my group came up for the PF world. Since Kevin objected to hearing us refer to it as Palladia, but never did name it. Shannon said "Bugger it, let's call it Bob!" We voted, and boom.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

humans 3d8 reroll 1s once. no bonuses required.

1: Totally random rolls? So a Wizard with minimum I.Q. but P.S. of 26 is fine?

Sounds ok to me

2: Random as long as it's thematically accurate? So keep retooling as many times as needed?

Yeah.

3: Average with maybe a few higher than normal?

Okay.

4: Special system?

see top of page,
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:humans 3d8 reroll 1s once. no bonuses required.

Greetings and Salutations. Okay, wife took the dog for a walk so I had a little bit of time. I've made the random rolls 3D8 for humans only, and I take it that means no bonus dice (so a 16 remains a 16). All other races remain per the book, including bonus dice when applicable (unless you request otherwise). I still plan to get to this during the weekend (probably Friday, but no promises). The Changeling did not get psionics per the random roll I just made.

My current intent has been to leave things like Hair, Eyes, Age, Gender, Birth Order, etc. alone, and let players fill in those tiny details. But, I can use the random roll in the front of the book which shouldn't take much time. If you want more detail or more original backstories, that would greatly slow progress (at least for what I intend to contribute).

I've noted the Elven Mind Mage class (and removed the Psi-Mystic) from my to-do-list. I've also noted that this appears set in Eastern Territories, and will consider working in language Human: Eastern and/or Elven (universal) where appropriate.

ShadowHawk wrote:Since Kevin objected to hearing us refer to it as Palladia, but never did name it.

I've always taken it he did name it, just that it's name is the Palladium World, and most people just don't accept this or don't like it. While the name might be a bit cumbersome, which I would take akin to Planet Earth. So people would just generally refer to it as "Palladium." Not really important for what we're doing right now, but just figured I'd give a response since I was posting the above. Farewell and safe journeys.

Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

ShadowHawk wrote:DrewKitty:

That part, I would presume, was directed at the persons submitting things for your campaign, that way you don't end-up with a multiples of each pre-made.
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Prysus wrote:
ShadowHawk wrote:humans 3d8 reroll 1s once. no bonuses required.

Greetings and Salutations. Okay, wife took the dog for a walk so I had a little bit of time. I've made the random rolls 3D8 for humans only, and I take it that means no bonus dice (so a 16 remains a 16). All other races remain per the book, including bonus dice when applicable (unless you request otherwise). I still plan to get to this during the weekend (probably Friday, but no promises). The Changeling did not get psionics per the random roll I just made.

My current intent has been to leave things like Hair, Eyes, Age, Gender, Birth Order, etc. alone, and let players fill in those tiny details. But, I can use the random roll in the front of the book which shouldn't take much time. If you want more detail or more original backstories, that would greatly slow progress (at least for what I intend to contribute).

I've noted the Elven Mind Mage class (and removed the Psi-Mystic) from my to-do-list. I've also noted that this appears set in Eastern Territories, and will consider working in language Human: Eastern and/or Elven (universal) where appropriate.

ShadowHawk wrote:Since Kevin objected to hearing us refer to it as Palladia, but never did name it.

I've always taken it he did name it, just that it's name is the Palladium World, and most people just don't accept this or don't like it. While the name might be a bit cumbersome, which I would take akin to Planet Earth. So people would just generally refer to it as "Palladium." Not really important for what we're doing right now, but just figured I'd give a response since I was posting the above. Farewell and safe journeys.

And thanks guys.
It has alway been the world of palladium fantasy or palladium fantasy world. And we talked to Kevin about the real name. He said something like "Planet 214".
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

ShadowHawk wrote:
Prysus wrote:

And thanks guys.
It has alway been the world of palladium fantasy or palladium fantasy world. And we talked to Kevin about the real name. He said something like "Planet 214".

The idea that it has a single name is sort of silly. How many different names are there for Earth? Given the number of sentient species and languages there are, it seems to me that there would be many words for it, and most people would simple call it "the world." Interdimensional folks who understand its history would probably refer to it as something like "The Old Ones' homeworld/prison/naptime place" or something along those lines.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Borast wrote:
ShadowHawk wrote:DrewKitty:

That part, I would presume, was directed at the persons submitting things for your campaign, that way you don't end-up with a multiples of each pre-made.

full correct quote
And if people have delivered a char, sound off what you made & donated.

As in say what you have made and donated to ShadowHawk's call for help so others don't do duplicate work.

EDIT: Dwarf earth warlock done/sent.

I can't make the Draconoid Wizard, ether sold PW of its down in the garage.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So this is what I came up with so far ...

http://www.prysus.com/Site/downloads/SH1.zip

The file includes:

Human Noble
Human Squire
Human Knight
Gnome Wizard
Gnome Warrior Monk (not requested, but did it because I felt like it)
Elf Ranger
Elf Mind Mage
Dwarf Earth Warlock (can have two elements)
Changeling Priest of Light

I wanted to include the more basic ones first. If you want something a bit different, or some type of changes, then I can do that to these ones first and get them complete. Also, it'll save me the time of doing more work on some of the other ones and then have to do it a second time (which would suck). If those are good as is, I'll work on the following next ...

1: Draconid (RDB2: Phaseworld, page 35) Wizard (PF2 Main Book): Born on the same world ("Bob") as the others (so same skill selections).
* I should be able to do this with minimal effort. There will be judgment calls along the way (such as S.D.C. being a straight conversion of M.D.C. and then doing Hit Points as a standard race? Replacing R.C.C. and "Other Powers" with the Wizard O.C.C., unless "other powers" was wanted to add onto the base O.C.C. for additional spells and/or psionics).

2: Bugbear (Monsters & Animals) Thief (PF2 Main Book)
3: Bugbear (Monsters & Animals) Assassin (PF2 Main Book)
* If I do one I'll do the other as these two would be done nearly back-to-back, and should also be minimal effort.

4: Human (PF2 Main Book) Barbarian (PF13: Hinterlands)
* This one will be a lot more work. So not sure if I'll feel like it or not.

5: Ratling (Monsters & Animals) Seafaring O.C.C. (from Adventures on the High Seas, such as the Pirate)
* About the same as #4. I doubt I'll get around to this one, but if I do all the others the completionist in me may kick in so ... possible.

That should cover it for now. Let me know what you think so I know how to (or how not to) proceed. Thank you. Farewell and safe journeys.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Finished a Barbarian Warrior but is getting a 404 error page with the PMs. How do you want it SH?
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Draconid
We usually roll the MDC and then split it up. 60/40 sdc/hp Make him 6'. Keep the other powers. As they aren't that big of a deal. As well as the RCC skills. it is part dragon, it should get the extra skill.

not a prob if you don't.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:Finished a Barbarian Warrior but is getting a 404 error page with the PMs. How do you want it SH?

Hum, not sure. But I have a week to go, so. Hopefully it will get resolved.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:Draconid
We usually roll the MDC and then split it up. 60/40 sdc/hp Make him 6'. Keep the other powers. As they aren't that big of a deal. As well as the RCC skills. it is part dragon, it should get the extra skill.

not a prob if you don't.

Greetings and Salutations. Dividing the S.D.C. and H.P. shouldn't be a problem.

The "Other Powers" are chosen (subconsciously) at birth to either naturally have the powers of a Ley Line Walker (equivalent of Wizard) or Mind Melter (equivalent of Mind Mage). This is done without a O.C.C. Since the charactee is selecting the O.C.C. of Wizard, and your stance is they get to keep the powers, the character will also have all the powers of a Mind Mage (on top of their Wizard training).

Draconid in Phase World don't get to select an O.C.C., so their R.C.C. skills are the equivalent of a full O.C.C. Even if I discount the skills not part of PF, that's 9 R.C.C. skills, 6 Related Skills, and 6 Secondary Skills just for being a Draconid (more if you count skills like Basic Radio). That's 21 skills, in addition to their skills as a Wizard (which also totals 21) for 42 skills at level 1. That's more skills than most classes have by level 15.

So for the record: That's a Wizard/Mind Mage with at least 42 starting skills. Oh, and should they keep things like Basic Electronics? Not sure if those type of skills will matter on Bob or not.

Now despite my feelings on the matter, I can still make such a character. I'm just confirming we're on the same page. Regardless, I still won't start until I know the current submissions I made suit your needs, because I don't want to waste time needlessly. Farewell and safe journeys.

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Prysus:

No...Wizard only, please. Btw, by other powers I though you meant natural abilities. Sorry.
I meant use the use the RCC to pick the skills. I was half asleep when I wrote that. Very sorry!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:Prysus:

No...Wizard only, please. Btw, by other powers I though you meant natural abilities. Sorry.
I meant use the use the RCC to pick the skills. I was half asleep when I wrote that. Very sorry!

Greetings and Salutations. No worries. I thought we might've crossed signals which is why I stated clearly. With what you said earlier and what you said above, this is what I've went with ...

They still have their natural powers (including Supernatural Strength). I removed the "Other Powers" (a specific racial power, which is what would allow the Mind Mage aspect). I (mostly) replaced the R.C.C. skills. However, I did look at the R.C.C. skills to pick O.C.C. skills (including selection of Wilderness Survival and Hand to Hand: Upgrade to Basic). I provided a +10% Racial Bonus to the Wilderness Survival skill, as that was a R.C.C. skill bonus (this is not granted by the Wizard O.C.C., but I figured gave a bit of the Dragon knowledge you implied earlier). Math and Lore bonuses were not included since the Wizard had better bonuses already. I completely ignored bonuses from R.C.C. Related Skills.

Since you said the Draconid's mother is an Alchemist, I also looked at the Summoner and Diabolist classes for skill selections. This lead to Holistic Chemistry (along with prerequisites) being selected, as well as skills like Art and Sculpting. I left one of the Weapon slots on the main page open so that it would display damage from a Basic Punch (which is high enough that it also replaces the damage from most weapon selections).

All of this should give the Draconid Wizard a distinctly different feel than the Gnome Wizard. I haven't uploaded the character yet, but should get to that later today/tonight. I'll try to get a few of the other characters completed as well. I mostly wanted to post the updates to the Draconid due to the judgment calls. I intend to return later with a link to the second zip file. Farewell and safe journeys.

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks for the assistance everyone.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. So my wife spent most of the morning writing, which left me some free time.

http://www.prysus.com/Site/downloads/SH2.zip

The file includes:

Draconid Wizard
Bug Bear Thief
Bug Bear Assassin
Human Barbarian
Ratling Sailor
Changeling Long Bowman (not requested, but I felt like it anyways)

Some of these classes and races required a bit more judgment calls than I had realized. This is what I encountered and what I decided (I can easily adjust these if needed):

Draconid: In addition to the above, I did give the bonus P.P.E. from "Other Powers" (an additional 1D6x10 P.P.E. that as a racial bonus).

Bug Bears: I did not give them "M.D." damage in full bear form (even though the Monsters & Animals specifically lists it, I feel confident in saying that's a typo/editing mistake).

Sailor O.C.C.: I opted for the basic Sailor, which had skills that overlapped mostly with the Pirate anyways (just a bit better with most bonuses and more skills). None of the naval classes list Languages. So, since nearly every other O.C.C. has Native at 98% and two others, I granted this to the Sailor as well. I gave these 2 other languages a +10% O.C.C. bonus (equal to the mercenary).

Barbarian O.C.C.: Stats (after skills) will still allow the player to choose Male or Female (if the stats were lower, Male would be required per O.C.C.). I made the same ruling as the Sailor regarding Languages. I simply rolled 1D8 to determine the 3 special abilities (rerolled any doubles) and got Berserker Fury, Equestrian Skill, and Master of Paired Weapons. I also rolled randomly to determine the Stigmata and got Dance, so I made sure to take it as a Secondary Skill as well.

That's now 15 submitted characters (2 of which were not requested). Since drewkitty ~..~ did the Faeries, I think that should cover things (unless rework is required). Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys.

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

To ShadowHawk
something I left out of the dwarf
WP: pole arm: +1 strike & Parry @ L’s 1,3,6,9,12. +1 thrown @ L’s 3,7,12. +2 damage @ L’s 2 & 8.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Thanks guys.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

couldn't find work around

Player:
Character Name: Fram Elfwine
Call Name:

Level: 1
Experience:
Next Up:

Money: 50 gp
Trade Goods:

IQ: 13,
ME: 9,
MA: 20, 60% trust/intimidate
PS: 21, +6 damage
PP: 15
PE: 15
PB: 12
Spd: 8

HP: 20
SDC: 81
IS Points: (45%, none)
PPE: 8

Class: barbarian Warrior
Race: human
Sex: …(can be ether the base states met the min. for females being warriors too)
Height: 5’-6”
Weight: 198 lb.

Saving Throws
Coma/Death:
non-lethal poisons/toxins (16):
lethal poisons/toxins (14):
diseases (14):
Spell magic (12-16 depending):
Ritual magic (16):
Faerie magic (16):
Circle magic [all](16):
ward magic (14):
Possession (contested rolls):
Psionics (10/12/15):
insanity (12):
horror Factor:
perception (target number):
pain (16):
soul Drinking (14):
Harmful drugs (15):
Extreme Heat/Cold (13):
Electrocution (14):

Basic Data: pb: 12, MA: 20 (60%), HP/SDC: 20/80, PPE: 8, Psi: no, magic: no, possessed: no, Healthy: yes

Physical Appearance:

H2H: expert
No. Of Attacks per melee: 3
Damage: +6
Strike: +
Parry: +2
Dodge: +2
Pull: +2
Roll: +2
Initiative:
Disarm:+3

Moves
auto KO on nat 20 for 1d4 melees,
paired weapons
can use 2-handed weapons one handed
Battle Cry: inflicts HF 8 +1/L, out to 50 ft +10ft/L,
—chars L1 or L2 fails sees them turn tail & run away
—chars of L3+ fails only -1 APM for that round

Weapon Proficiencies
archery: +20 ft to effective range, +1 Parry, + strike, Rate of Fire: 2
targeting: thrown weapons: +1 strike, RoF: =2 H2H
thrown added to bows/spears & like WPs: + strike
sword:

Weapons
large Cross Bow: totaled range: 620 feet. damage: 2d6 SD
Claymore: 3d6 SD
Knife (18 inch bowie knife): 1d6 SD
war club: 2d4 SD

Armor: Studded Leather AR: 13, SDC: 38

Character Building
Birth Order: 3rd born, but 1st born of twins
Average but looks strong
average height
disposition: The dice suggest ether arrogant or paternal
Land of Origin: Great Norther Wilderness
Environment: medium sized clan
Social Background: child of the clan chief.
racial hostility: the dice suggest the supernatural or ogers

Barbarian Stigma: (for BB chars this is VERY important): (1 @ L1, +1 @ Ls 3,6,9,12)
When looses positive stigma or is effected by negative stigma:… combat bonuses are cut in half, skills are performed at -15 % until the distraction is resolved.
Not true obsessions nor phobias, might be rational or irrational. each stigma has a 50-50 chance of being positive or negative.
this is good GM & Player discussion about the specifics.

#1: negative: (ether 07 a specific type of drink or 70 a specific color (any of choice))
(TO GM: I would suggest the player does not pick the warlock’s life sign colors if you don’t want this coming up over and over...every session)

——
Three barbarian abilities (picked three)
*4) toughness: +6d6+2 (28)SDC*
*7) Paired Weapons*. Can wield 2-handed weapons one handed*. +3 disarm*.
*8) Battle Cry: inflicts HF 8, +1 per level to a radius of 50 ft +10 ft per level. L1 & L2 who fail run away, high level chars that fail save only are startled: -1APM for that round.**

Skills (No IQ bonus)

Class Skills
Nat Language: Northern Human: 40+5—40
body building & weight lifting: (+2 PS*, +10 sdc*)
Climbing (+10);(per 20 feet): 40+5—50
—rappelling(+10): 30+5—40
running (+1 PE, 4d4 (11) spd*, +1d6 (4)SDC*)
swimming (+10): ( PSx3 yards per melee max) 40+5—50
boxing: auto KO on nat 20 for 1d4 melees*, +1 APM*, +2 P&D*, +2 PS*+3d6 (14) SDC*)
land navigation (+15): 30+5—45
wilderness survival (+10): 30+5—40
WP Archery
WP sword
H2H Expert

Class Related Skills (6 @ L1, +1 @ Ls 4,8,12)
1st Aid: (+5): 45+5—50
detect ambush: 30+5—30
detect concealment & traps: 25+5—25
sniper (+2 aimed shots, counts as two arrow shots)
WP Targeting: thrown or slung: +1 strike @ levels 1*, 3, 5, 7, 10, 13, RoF: equal to hand to hand APM
—when added with other WPs: +1 strike @ levels 2, 5, 10
camouflage (+)

Secondary Skills (4 @ L1, no level up secondary skills)
cooking: 30+5—30
rope works: 30+5—30 (escapers got -10% to slip loose)
general repair and maintenance: 35+5—35
sewing: 35+5— 35

Equipment:
Two sets of clothing
fur poncho & un-attached hood.
boots
Arm Bands:
—Right arm set (5 steel bands): decorated with Dragons, Lions, Stags, & Wolves
—Left arm set (5 steel bands): decorated with Hawks, Kraken, Bears and Fish
bedroll
back pack
two large sacks
two small sacks
water skin
50 ft rope
two weeks of food rations
tinder box

Background:
Fram Elfwine was born in the far north near the lands of eternal summer light, to the chief the Widfara Clan, Dernhelm. Determined to be a warrior from the time of being able to walk Fram watcher the elders and fought the other children as is normal. During the winter of frightful frosts a family of leaf-ears wintered with the clan in their winter quarters. Fram immediately became fast friends to the children in the family and was often matched with one of them during parties and drinking matches, loosing a bit of innocence during their time together. The parting in the spring was difficult but the clan was headed north to hunt the caribou and the leaf-ears headed south towards their kin. Earning Fram the moniker Elfwine.
Upon reaching adulthood Fram Elfwine was given a choice, join the hunting parties away from the main clan or go on a walkabout. Fram Elfwine chose to head south and walkabout the lands, with the idea in the head of finding the friends of childhood maybe.

Notes To GM:
I as the maker added a native language, because a language is missing from the class skills list and related skills only allows sign language from communications, the skill cat. that languages are in in PF2.
——

——
Again more names from middle earth ;-)
Fram: Rohirrim has the meanings of Firm, Valiant , & stout. (RW note: it is from the Old English)

Elfwine: Rohirrim has the meanings of Elf Friend. (same meaning in Old English)

Widfara: meaning “wide farer’….in this context Fram Elfwine’s clan is nomadic traveling the Northern wilderness from southern reaches to the northern shores near Bob’s arctic circle.

Dernhelm: ‘secret helm’ or ‘helm of secrecy’. don’t know why this…maybe the clan has a secret that Frem doesn’t know about. GM gets to play with this sort of item.

GM Note: there are things you should delete from the copy of this char sheet you give the player. like the commentary after the meaning of Dernhelm.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I as the maker added a native language, because a language is missing from the class skills list and related skills only allows sign language from communications, the skill cat. that languages are in in PF2.

Greetings and Salutations. While I definitely agree with giving a Native Language regardless (and I did similar), Language (and Literacy) skills are also part of the Technical category. I think (but cannot say definitively as I'm at work and away from my books) that the Barbarian has access to the Language section of Technical (though I know that category was indeed limited). More FYI than a criticism. Farewell and safe journeys.

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Prysus, you made a flub on the bug bear assassin's language. But it's easy enough to correct.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:Prysus, you made a flub on the bug bear assassin's language. But it's easy enough to correct.

:eek:

Greetings and Salutations. I'll look when I get home. I know the Assassin skill list was from a pregen, and I may have forgotten to switch it. I can fix it (because I am to be a perfectionist) tonight. I do remember getting distracted as I focused on the Bug Bear APM overriding the Assasssin APM. Appreciate the feedback. Farewell and safe journeys.

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Oh, and thank you for the changeling longbowman.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:Prysus, you made a flub on the bug bear assassin's language. But it's easy enough to correct.

Greetings and Salutations. Changed the languages to Eastern, Northern, and Wolfen.

http://www.prysus.com/Site/downloads/SH3.zip

The only file in there is the Bug Bear Assassin (I didn't make a new Combat sheet, as that shouldn't be affected). Farewell and safe journeys.

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

You didn't have to do that. Thanks though.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

for the NPCs, I am using a slightly modified version of the back of the Rifts GM's experience logs.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

ShadowHawk wrote:for the NPCs, I am using a slightly modified version of the back of the Rifts GM's experience logs.

Heh...just like the ones TSR used to have for significant NPC... I still have a half-full book of those sheets somewhere.
Fnord

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Borast wrote:
ShadowHawk wrote:for the NPCs, I am using a slightly modified version of the back of the Rifts GM's experience logs.

Heh...just like the ones TSR used to have for significant NPC... I still have a half-full book of those sheets somewhere.

For "significant" NPCs who aren't just a one or 3 time character also not simply just kill on sight, or a merchant or the like...I tend to use https://www.oocities.org/timessquare/re ... /sheet.htm Although, I am working on currently working on a sheet for an army. Because skirmishes with warhammer figures is fun.

Though, imagine what damage 2 giant with scythes could do to an army? I'm not to sure how to even figure the damage.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

ShadowHawk wrote:Though, imagine what damage 2 giant with scythes could do to an army? I'm not to sure how to even figure the damage.

Greetings and Salutations. By the rules, the answer is ... Minimal to none at all.

Ranged attacks, such as arrows and magic, would decimate 2 scythe wielders long before they became a threat. Basically, don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

If the giants were teleported into the middle if the army ... Still minimal. I can look at hard numbers later if you'd like, but I doubt the pair would even take out 12 people combined (by the rules).

Most True Giants have Supernatural Strength (which isn't too impressive without house rules), but most are also slow which would allow smaller troops to easily out maneuver them. A single Long Bowman (with sufficient arrows) could simply fall back and continue to chip away. Called Shots to the eyes if the bowman is in a hurry. Might miss a few attempts, but dodging arrows is extremely hard (-10) and should hit soon enough. Blind opponents are even less of a threat.

Cleave is not a Palladium ability. So the most a giant could take out in a single attack is one person. With S.D.C. most characters can probably take more than one hit though. Armor and dodge rolls can make it take even longer. Even with a Cleave-like ability, the difference is minor.

Also, I don't believe PF has knock down rules. Adding those could help, but only slightly.

As far as I recall, there's not even a rule in PF saying you can't just parry a giant's attack (though it's a common house rule). Even with a parry rule, dodge is an option and with an army at the back, one person dodging isn't that big of a deal.

Basically ask how would 2 humans with scythes due against an army of gnomes? And the answer should be they'd get decimated by superior numbers.

Now, a giant with an army to support and protect him might do better. But at that point it becomes more of how many vs. how many and how they use their resources. The giant is a minor factor. Farewell and safe journeys.

Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

If you're interested in making Giants really terrifying, I had some ideas that I put into some house rules for melee combat.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

So ....how did the 1st session go?
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Very well! They had a minor hick up, early on and I had to lay down ground rules. However, they all enjoyed it. They supported each other admirably. And to see 2 players cry after a battle because their teammate's character bit the dust is truly the ultimate compliment. (The squire bit the dust...the noble and the knight were the two who were balling. But I had the elder priest in town resurrect him) I'll give a high light rehashing of the story tomorrow, or Thursday.
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

ShadowHawk wrote:
Borast wrote:

For "significant" NPCs who aren't just a one or 3 time character also not simply just kill on sight, or a merchant or the like...I tend to use https://www.oocities.org/timessquare/re ... /sheet.htm Although, I am working on currently working on a sheet for an army. Because skirmishes with warhammer figures is fun.

Though, imagine what damage 2 giant with scythes could do to an army? I'm not to sure how to even figure the damage.

I Still prefer the original 1st ed...https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non-Playe ... er_Records Space for 2 NPCs per page (each "sheet" was removable) Probably just nostalgia! lol

Meh... Almost anyone else's figs are better, even if the ones that are not as "detailed."
I'll take all-metal over half plastic for the price of all-metal...and for those all-metal figs tend to be half the cost per!

Now, if you happen to have a closet full of WH figs because of an unfortunate addiction... (I know a couple of people that had that addiction...and they are trying to sell them off intermittently, because most gamers can't afford to pay $2-5k in a shot for figs.)

If you adapt the D&D "Sweeping Blow" rule (I did), quite a bit, once they make it within 10 metres or so... After all, 2 or 3D12+20 (or so) to a swath of 10 or so soldiers each...all to ankle to knee level...

With the rules as written...even without considering a "Swarm" rule like D&D has...2 soldiers per sweep, where the giants are being attacked by 20-30 swords, spears, and assorted polearms from the front 3 ranks! (each!!)...and good luck trying to parry with a scythe! ;)
Fnord

ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

The setup session went every well. They did their introductions, the older 2 brothers wanted to play the knight, and the noble. 3 of the girls chose to be faeries, the older 1 chose to be a changeling priestess of dragonwright. As for my 2 boys, 1 asked to be play the "tank"...meaning the Draconid and the other one picked the squire...He loves the old Prince Valiant cartoons that Shannon's been letting them watch at his house...on Tubi (whatever that is?).

Well, the Noble suggested making to the 3 Faeries becoming the lookouts and scouts for the town, since they didn't do the background like they should have. And tying them in with his. They liked the idea. The Squire, Knight, and Noble more or less worked very well together with creating a backstory with the Noble's father as their lord. Even came up with a heraldic design...Which I think Shannon helped them out with a bit with the heraldic design. The Draconid and Priestess worked together on their backgrounds and tied them in to the game well. But I am proud of them for doing the work they did and working within the structure I provided.

The hick up was when they were all wanting to all talk over each other. And because we are doing it on line, it comes out all blended.

And as far as the battle with the goblin raiders looking for the "dragon flame broiled egg mcguffin with jarjar in szechuan sauce on a croissant bun" went, they've never found any. (A bit of a backstory...Their leader is all kinds of mixed up...he visited earth for less then a minute when a Shifter gated through to his home in the BTS world, and time frame was before the star wars episode 1 premiere and seen like 7 commercials ... the Shifter was flipping through the channels on the tv. Then he got rifted back home when the shifter realised he had been followed. He thought the TV was it's god telling him to seek a treasure.) It was something that I thought it would be fun as well as funny to have something in my game carry over into theirs. And I did grab a goblin with telekinesis and sling him back into a portal in 1998 after realising he had followed me home.

The battle went like this: the night elf sees the goblins and cast blinding flash above the entrance to the tunnel they are digging to signal his position. Green wood fae sees the flash, flies over to the Night elf, who tells her about the goblins and the tunnel. Green wood: "Hover about here and flash every 5 minutes, I will be back with help soon." And flies over the forest. Encounters the Draconid and Priestess hunting herbs and mushrooms at first light. The Draconid nor Priestess noticed the flash but agrees to wait to go investigate. The common fae gets woken up by the town cryer "6:00 and all is well! Ready yourself, the Britorial Almanac predicts afternoon heavy rain storms acoming about 2:00. Wisdom vs Haven...wisdom 2 to haven 1. In tournament news, Dench leads in the lists at Llorn. Followed by Edwards, and the new comer Collins. In the pegasi races, it's Star, followed by Blacky, and Silver Lightning. That is all for now." As the Green wood fae comes in to town, the Knight: "Dang, I had gold on Haven. Oh well." Squire, not missing a beat "Easiest 25 gold I've ever made." Noble smiles and simply shake's his head. Then the Greenwood fae comes in, flitting about...frantically. "We got to go, we got to go, we got to go...Night elf, goblins, digging tunnel, in woods. Draconid and priestess waiting. must go!!!" they get on there horses and depart the town. The Common Fae stays behind to keep an eye on the town.

I will finish this tomorrow.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

The knight offers the priestess a ride. She accepts. So, the noble offers the draconid a ride and the draconid: "Not to be rude, but better idea...toss me a rope, I will cast float in air and you can pull me." the Noble: "okay." So they ride off. I let the draconid renew the spell as he floats beside of the Squire, and avoids trees and branches. About 15 minutes later, they've arrived. The green wood flies up to retrieve the night elf. The goblins sound an alarm and fired 2 cross bow bolts...both at the squire 1 was a crit, the other a 15. He took 12 total and unknown to him at this point, they are poisoned. (This is a slow acting poison.) I ask him to roll a d20. He does and says I got a 16. I say, "ok...You're body is engaged. Now everyone roll initiative. a d20. Every one rolls a 14. The 3 goblins in the entry way...actually they are back aways and hiding in the shadows, get a 2, 8, and 3.

I'm going to bed. I will try to finish tomorrow. I tried, but got started late.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Sorry guys, I thought I would excape the covid and be one of the ones who are asymptomatic. Wrong.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

This past week I herd on the radio people are 'rediscovering' that people breath better when sleeping on their sides. And that breathing through the nose helps regulate the body

The only other thing I would suggest is...go to bed early...and sleep late and take siestas. (grown ups don't take naps..they siesta :ok: )
Even just laying down to rest the eyes helps. so maybe take you phone/tablet and lay back and listen to your favorite podcasts. (mine are NPR's Wait, wait, Don't Tell Me and Ask Me Another
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:This past week I herd on the radio people are 'rediscovering' that people breath better when sleeping on their sides. And that breathing through the nose helps regulate the body

The only other thing I would suggest is...go to bed early...and sleep late and take siestas. (grown ups don't take naps..they siesta :ok: )
Even just laying down to rest the eyes helps. so maybe take you phone/tablet and lay back and listen to your favorite podcasts. (mine are NPR's Wait, wait, Don't Tell Me and Ask Me Another

I am actually feeling better. But the last 2 days I have felt horrid!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”