POLL ! Which Rifts releases would you like to see next?

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which RIFTS releases you would like to see come out next?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 12, 2020 12:25 pm

Option A: Bestiary Volume 2
49%
Option B: Disavowed
19%
Option C: Chaos Earth Psychic Scream
11%
Option D: Antarctica
22%

Total votes: 37

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

POLL ! Which Rifts releases would you like to see next?

Unread post by AlexM »

Hello Palladians!!!

We are looking to get your constructive feedback and suggestions on which RIFTS releases you would like to see come out next after Titan Robotics? Currently Palladium's next two releases will be Rifts: CS Manhunters followed by Titan Robotics. What Rifts titles would you like to see next?
Prysus
Champion

Re: POLL ! Which Rifts releases would you like to see next?

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Palladium is currently running a Megaversal Insider for Bestiary Volume 2 ... so it better be Bestiary Volume 2. My honest opinion is this shouldn't be a question once you've started taking the money.

If that wasn't the case, I like psychics so I'd probably go with Psychic Scream. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

None of the above.
I would like to see the Atorian sourcebook for HU to be published next.
Or maybe a sector sourcebooks for the HU milky way galaxy.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Prysus wrote:
Greetings and Salutations. Palladium is currently running a Megaversal Insider for Bestiary Volume 2 ... so it better be Bestiary Volume 2. My honest opinion is this shouldn't be a question once you've started taking the money.

If that wasn't the case, I like psychics so I'd probably go with Psychic Scream. Farewell and safe journeys.

This, this, and this.

After that how about arsenal since it was supposedly almost ready years ago and was supposed to be the companion to heroes of humanity.

Are the geese distracting you guys again?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

I voted for Disavowed... because it's the closest to Arsenal, and was clearly shaved OFF of Arsenal.

As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH.

Lets all remember, as good a book as it was at the time. World Book 11: Coalition War Campaign was TWENTY SIX YEARS AGO. A literal generation ago.

We could use some new CS gear and Arsenal was originally part of HoH and then split off to be a companion book.... -----Four YEARS ago-----

I say this, and didn't vote for Bestiary 2. Because I frankly don't understand why it's even on the poll.

You're taking money for the book and ... might put three other books before it depending on a fan poll? Even if you only took the winner, if it's not Bestiary... you'd put another book before it?
Then why are you taking the money now??? Crowd sourcing isn't 'hey give us money for this project, and we're going to take a few months off and live off the money and maybe, kinda, sorta get around to what you paid for when ever we get bored of other projects."

This poll should be redone to say "We've started a Crowdsourcing effort and are taking in money for Bestiary, it's next in the line up. What book do you want AFTER that?"

Seriously guys... if you don't do bestiary next, people are going to lose their minds. Palladium's history with kickstarter/Crowdsourcing is...... less than stellar to start with.

So that's why I didn't vote for Bestiary 2. It should be a GIVEN that that one is next and it should be taken off the poll.

(Honestly I've got the monsters from the Bestiary books as I've got ALL the other books.. I'd much rather have the Disavowed book ANYWAY, but seriously, the next book BETTER be Bestiary, you guys are soliciting money for it. Sheesh)

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:You're taking money for the book and ... might put three other books before it depending on a fan poll? Even if you only took the winner, if it's not Bestiary... you'd put another book before it?
Then why are you taking the money now??? Crowd sourcing isn't 'hey give us money for this project, and we're going to take a few months off and live off the money and maybe, kinda, sorta get around to what you paid for when ever we get bored of other projects."

This poll should be redone to say "We've started a Crowdsourcing effort and are taking in money for Bestiary, it's next in the line up. What book do you want AFTER that?"

Greetings and Salutations. The scariest part is after I posted, I went back and looked at the initial post some more. The word "next" in the title made me think it was actually discussing after the current book, but that's not the case (others may or may not have made that same mistake). What we have now is ...

AlexM wrote:We are looking to get your constructive feedback and suggestions on which RIFTS releases you would like to see come out next after Titan Robotics? Currently Palladium's next two releases will be Rifts: CS Manhunters followed by Titan Robotics. What Rifts titles would you like to see next?

Dead Reign: In the Face of Death may or may not be wrapped up (I didn't see it mentioned on the February 28th update, but I may have missed it). If not, they'll need to finish this first.
Then they're planning to do Rifts: CS Manhunters.
Then they're planning to do Titan Robotics.
Then, maybe, they'll do Bestiary ... or maybe they'll do one or more other books and push Bestiary further down the line.

Finishing In the Face of Death makes sense. But planning a minimum of two books (in addition to the book they're currently working on) before working on the book they're currently taking in crowd sourcing funds for? They did something similar with the Northern Gun Megaversal Insider (but I think that was only finishing the current book and then putting one book in front of it), and I couldn't believe it then. I had truly hoped they had learned their lesson.

I think my only hope at this point is that it was a very unfortunate typo and they actually meant Bestiary Volume 3 (as Volume 2 is supposed to only cover letters G-R). But if that was truly the case, then 2 should have been in the list of upcoming titles in the original post. I want to support these endeavors. I want to tell other people this is their chance to do things like support PDF by going for that option. I'd like to promote the Bestiary books as an added monster resource for the Palladium Fantasy setting. But ... I mean, how is anyone supposed to be interested in this project when Palladium has no idea when they'll end up working on it? How would I, in good conscious, ever recommend that to anyone?

For the record, I like the idea of the poll. Seeing what the fans are interested in is, as a general rule, something I'd like to support. With that, I'm going to call it for the night. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Doing a poll here at all is problematic to begin with. The number of people who even visit these forums anymore is so small it's just, frankly, pointless to use to gauge anything.

This sort of interaction would have made sense and may have been acceptable 20 years ago when the numbers here were significantly more....but now, especially with the company's history of never coming through on their own self imposed deadlines...even on crowd sourced books?

That's a leap of faith even many of the more staunch supporters of this company are wary of these days....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

There should also be links to this poll in pretty much EVERY other sub forum here because I know I only look in here a few times a week if at all and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't check the All Things Palladium Books regularly.

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Bump.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Daniel Stoker wrote:There should also be links to this poll in pretty much EVERY other sub forum here because I know I only look in here a few times a week if at all and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't check the All Things Palladium Books regularly.

Daniel Stoker

Seconded!
:ok:
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Bestiary.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Titan Robotics really, but I'll join the minority and vote for Antarctica, even with the notes about it being repurposed ARCTIC material.
Bestiary 2, though, seems more likely to come out first, as more of the material has already been written.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

I'm not interested in any this (and my non-vote reflects that) but if you guys did a kickstarter for the bestiary, then you really need to put that in the "do now" pile and not simply in the "we'll get around to it" pile. it's kinda disrespectful to your fans that backed you hoping for it.
SpiritInterface
Hero

Unread post by SpiritInterface »

None of the above. I want the UWW Source Book.
Veni Vidi Vici
Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem
Sic vis pacem, Para bellum
Audentes fortuna iuvat
O Tolmon Nika
Oderint Dum Metuant
AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by AlexM »

Dear Palladians,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recommendations on the next titles you would like to see released after our current line-up. There are some serious and sincere concerns that we also see being expressed that we would like to address immediately.

First and foremost, the concerns about RIFTS® Bestiary Volume 2. This book has already begun production as we speak. Much of the artwork is done or being worked on, and as stated, numerous creatures have already been pre-written and will be given the same updating and expansions as seen in Rifts® Bestiary Volume 1. Rift® Bestiary 2, like its predecessor, will be a BIG book and it is a title we are extremely excited about. We have plenty of new ideas for it. From a variety of new creatures by Amy Ashbaugh and Charles Walton to the newest Megaversal Insider tiers such as the Chimera and Ultimate Benefactor rewards. Both are new and uncharted ventures that we want to knock out of the park. This is a title that we are targeting for release by Gen Con 2020.

We have no intention or desire to postpone or delay Rifts® Bestiary Volume 2 in favor of any of the other titles in this poll. We are simply trying to ascertain your level of interest compared to the Bestiary, so we can determine which titles should be considered next. For example, it is clear, so far, that you would rather see Rifts® The Disavowed before Chaos Earth Psychic Scream. That is valuable information. So is seeing so many people mentioning how much they would like to see Rifts® CS Arsenal. More valuable information to gauge your immediate chronological interests in various projected Rifts® titles, so thank you.

We are not looking to put any of these titles on the back burner and we certainly would not purposely delay our Megaversal Insider product behind several titles (allowing these titles to take cuts in line) in front of the insider project. We want to use the forum polls as a mechanism to invite feedback and see which titles have the most awareness and interest for future scheduling. We appreciate and welcome your constructive criticism and feedback on the projected Rifts titles and what you are most excited to see released next and why.

Thank you for your feedback and please know that Rifts® Bestiary 2 is not being delayed by any other title.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

If that's the case then bestiary should never have been an option.

Mind you bestiary should be your focus not titan or manhunter, the latter of which came out of seemingly nowhere to suddenly be at the top of the queue ahead of not just bestiary but other books that have been years in waiting like arsenal and psychic scream. You are literally taking 1000s of dollars at this point for a book that is 3rd in line to be done.

\m/
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Many conventions are currently being canceled and large scale public gatherings are iffy.

Considering Palladium's staff darn near dies on a regular basis after any 'normal' convention, with the entire staff coming down with 'con crud' of some flavor or another... which tends to push titles even further down the line.

Now may not be the absolute best time to be planning on Gen Con.

I wouldn't be betting really heavily on there -being- a Gencon.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Many conventions are currently being canceled and large scale public gatherings are iffy.

Considering Palladium's staff darn near dies on a regular basis after any 'normal' convention, with the entire staff coming down with 'con crud' of some flavor or another... which tends to push titles even further down the line.

Now may not be the absolute best time to be planning on Gen Con.

I wouldn't be betting really heavily on there -being- a Gencon.

Especially considering the NBA just suspended the season indefinitely....yup.

\m/
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
I have a very strong active interest in there NEVER being a Rifts: Antarctica book.
That kind of thing is trebling down on one of THE worst aspects of Rifts, which is making a post-apocalyptic world where there are still people EVERYWHERE, especially in places where most PCs are likely to never want or need to go.
Let some wastelands just BE wastelands.

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

^this

\m/
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

keir451 wrote:What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.

I think most of us can agree that this should have been if not the first one of the first World Books. The CS is the primary antagonist for the Rifts setting and we know less about them than the tech cities of Australia.

Killer Cyborg wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again:
I have a very strong active interest in there NEVER being a Rifts: Antarctica book.
That kind of thing is trebling down on one of THE worst aspects of Rifts, which is making a post-apocalyptic world where there are still people EVERYWHERE, especially in places where most PCs are likely to never want or need to go.
Let some wastelands just BE wastelands.

I understand the sentiment here, and I wish they would do other books first but if someone wanted to write it why not. The great thing about TTRPGs are that you can ignore whatever you want.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

Warshield73 wrote:
keir451 wrote:What I'd truly like to see is a CS World Book. One that takes all the different information on the CS and puts it into one book that includes information on their society, i.e.; TV stations, news programs, entertainment programs, religion, laws & legal system, relative education (even the Low Levelers might receive a little education, trade school style, as far as gearing them to be "productive CS citizens"), colleges (c'mon they've got Medical Doctors and Cyber Docs for their citizens as well as military) what kind of farms they have, how they patrol their territory and how the non-city citizens (farmers) call for help when they need it, how the CS transports goods from the outlying sectors into the city.

I think most of us can agree that this should have been if not the first one of the first World Books. The CS is the primary antagonist for the Rifts setting and we know less about them than the tech cities of Australia.

there's material on the CS in nearly every single rifts book (and possibly a few books that aren't for rifts), so i can't agree with that. i'd maybe consider a "coalition war machine revised edition" with a few things removed and the material from other books collected and formatted properly a good idea but we certainly don't need another CS book at this point. we've got a trove of material on the coalition states- it's just sprinkled everywhere.
Orin J.
Adventurer

Unread post by Orin J. »

honestly you could answer all his questions well in a page, and to a degree you can answer them with a sentence: The coalition is a fascist technocracy. TV? entertainment? nah. there's gonna be the one channel run by the ministry of propaganda, that's all they need to broadcast to their citizens. they've already mentioned there's no state sanctioned religion, which is after all the highly suspicious worship of alien beings from another world, and work education is pretty much your work educates you on what you need to do your job. they control all knowledge possible, because that's how they keep their citizens in check.

as for how they patrol their territory and how the common serfs contact them, that's been left open to most every group, hasn't it? that's really too a useful tool to the GM to not leave open.
Killer Cyborg
Priest

Warshield73 wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Let some wastelands just BE wastelands.

I understand the sentiment here, and I wish they would do other books first but if someone wanted to write it why not. The great thing about TTRPGs are that you can ignore whatever you want.

You CAN... but the more you have to ignore, the more work it takes to do it.
And Rifts is enough work already.
I'd like there to be LESS work, and MORE fun.

I mean, sure, I guess there are some people out there chomping at the bit to know what's happening there, for some reason, but I seriously doubt that Palladium has done any market survey beyond this kind of poll in order to see if there's actually enough customer demand for this particular product to make it worth writing, editing, buying artwork for, and publishing.
I think they mostly rely on the strength of the Rifts brand, assuming that most Rifts players will buy most books with Rifts in the title, but that brand has diminished over time in part due to bad and/or unwanted books being published.

As I've often said, it's been 30 years, and we still don't know what Chi-Town really looks like, and that's the most important city in the primary setting for the game: North America.
We only found out what Tolkeen was like when it was destroyed.
We haven't heard jack about Shaedo since the RMB, I believe.
It took forever to get a book on Madhaven.
It took forever for the Republicans to get any real description, and even then everything about them seemed to be retconned from previous mentions.
We still don't have a book on Lazlo.
We still don't have a book on New Lazlo.
We still don't have a book on Chillicothe.
We still don't have a book on The D-Shifting lands.
We still don't have a PROPER book on Psyscape, one that actually describes anything about the city or the culture.
We still don't have a book on the Gateway Arch.
We still don't have a book on Iron Heart.
We still don't have a book on most parts of Europe.
We still have ONE book on the entire gigantic continent of Africa, and it's not very informative.
We still don't have a sequel to Australia. (I understand why they don't want to use the same author's sequels, but surely they could find another author if they wanted)

There are some pretty important places that haven't been sufficiently addressed, but somebody out there wants to write a book on the Antarctic...?
I don't get it, and I don't know why Palladium would think it's a good business decision unless they've been getting a LOT more people asking about that part of the planet than I'd expect.

Also, you know what's easier for people to ignore than a World Book?
A Dimension Book.
Whatever kind of stuff they want to put in Antarctica, they could just as easily put into "Dimension Book X: Iceworld Definitely-NOT-Hoth" or whatever.
The game is called Rifts, and it's about a world with interdimensional portals... and yet that's one of the most neglected aspects of the game.

Grumble, grumble.
Bah, humbug.
Cyborg out.
:P

Killer Cyborg
Priest

Orin J. wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:We literally know more about the culture of made up, large breasted, alien, androids, built by a machine intelligence that likes to fool people into thinking he's a giant brain..... than the -culture- and inner workings of the CS.

i mean- they're authoritarian fascists. we already know how this goes, they HAVE no real culture besides terminal "big brother syndrome".

All societies have culture.
We have next to no information on stuff like:
Common foods
Common religions
Slang
Forms of Entertainment
Music
Forms of art
Common types of media
Street drugs
Societal Issues of Note
Powerful businesses
Celebrities
or darned near anything else about living in the CS, or especially about life inside one of the big cities.

Even the Nazis had culture beyond goose-stepping. Their authoritarianist fascism didn't stop people from going to movies, dining out, listening to music, or anything else.
Now, it tainted all of those things, but that taint was itself part of their culture.
Just not the whole part.
They're not Daleks; they do more than just spin in circles screaming EXTERMINATE at each other.

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

rinkymehra wrote:As pointed out, HoH was cut in twain FOUR YEARS ago to be split into two books but was "Finished" At the time. I want Arsenal. As HoH is only half a book with out it. New OCCs and what not with out the gear that's supposed to go with them or the entire book (Half book?) of gear for the CS to actually pitch in and do any of the stuff from HoH.

Welcome to the world of everyone who's been waiting for LotD3 and/or the two 2nd edition BTS books.
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

jaymz wrote:Eh after almost 30 years? Probably not.

For most people this will not be a 30 year old property, it will be a new space adventure game with giant psionic cyborgs that destroy whole star systems.

Will it sell as well as the more popular Rifts titles, probably not especially if there are no follow on books. Will it sell better than Nightbane, BTS, PFRPG almost certainly. What do I base this on, just a feeling backed by the fact that the old Mechanoids Trilogy is about to go for it's at least third printing at that is not barely a playable game.
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador

The Beast wrote:Selling better than BTS is a pretty low bar considering BTS is incomplete.

That would be why I didn't list it alone, but I included it because they are planning to release a book for it.

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”