Garden of the Gods has gone to press !

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Garden of the Gods has gone to press !

Unread post by AlexM »

Written for the Palladium Fantasy RPG world, it is adaptable to any Fantasy setting. The Garden itself has characteristics that take it beyond the ordinary, meaning it is known to the Gods and subtly influenced by them. The various statues within include many known and little known Gods plus a few that are unknown, till now. The descriptions for each God, and sometimes a related pantheon, are not just about the powers and artifacts they can bestow on Champions and others, but represent a combined epic history that includes many different races. And the Garden is still a work in progress with additional statues being discovered in a portion of the Garden known as the Primeva.

This book is scheduled for release on January 10. https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... y-RPG.html
kiralon
Champion
Comment: Kill it with Fire.

Re: Garden of the Gods has gone to press !

Unread post by kiralon »

Woot, I'm getting a palladium book for my birthday.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I might have to wait a few months but I am definitely getting this book.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

kiralon wrote:Woot, I'm getting a palladium book for my birthday.

Same here. Birthday present grab bag.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Hooray for a new book! I've been looking forward to this one.
Hotrod
Author, Rifter Contributor, and Map Artist
Duty's Edge, a Rifts novel. Available as an ebook, PDF,or printed book.
Check out my maps here!
Also, check out my Instant NPC Generators!
Like what you see? There's more on my Patreon Page.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The Raw was my favorite Raw so far- looking forward to this one!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
stormlordrising
D-Bee

Unread post by stormlordrising »

Loved the Raw edition. Just ordered the full edition. Cant wait to read it.
Hell knight
Explorer

Unread post by Hell knight »

Very cool can not wait , going to get it for my b day .
Reagren Wright
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

The Garden has arrived.
Reagren Wright

The Perception Roll has FINALLY made its way into Palladium Fantasy by being introduced in Garden of Gods. Now we just have to get it into Heroes Unlimited.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

lol, 25 years too late for me, and the current palladium version doesn't have enough user variation. I have had a perception stat for a very long time.
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

I've only been reading over Garden of the Gods for about an hours now, and I have to say that I am impressed. This book is a welcome addition to the PF line of books as it really is a bunch of new ideas for this fantasy setting. Great setting ideas (the ad blurb is right -- it's giving me many ideas for future games and the directions of campaign play), and written very well.

I don't want to give away too much since it's still so new, but I'm diggin' it.

~O
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Is there a map in the book, or did I just miss it?
Reagren Wright

Trooper Jim wrote:Is there a map in the book, or did I just miss it?

A very rough map of Lopan that points toward Garden of Gods and Black Pit locations.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

sweet, is hotrod doing the full one?
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

kiralon wrote:sweet, is hotrod doing the full one?

We'll see? I've made a preliminary terrain-only map of the entire Great Inland Sea region. I haven't made anything for GotG, but from what I understand, it's not a regional type of sourcebook. I'm rather keen to pick up a copy, myself.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

This book is fantastic. So much to discover and use in my future games. Excellent compendium to Dragons & Gods, too!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
JMHutchins
D-Bee
Comment: Author of the Dark Day Chronicles in the Rifter magazines.

Unread post by JMHutchins »

Still waiting on mine. I've sent three inquiries through the site already asking for any ideas when to expect it, but so far no answer. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering anything else. I'll just wait until I know its out and get it from a local store instead.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." ~Albert Einstein
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

JMHutchins wrote:Still waiting on mine. I've sent three inquiries through the site already asking for any ideas when to expect it, but so far no answer. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering anything else. I'll just wait until I know its out and get it from a local store instead.
I never pre-order anything. I haven't got the patience for it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
JMHutchins
D-Bee

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
JMHutchins wrote:Still waiting on mine. I've sent three inquiries through the site already asking for any ideas when to expect it, but so far no answer. I don't think I'll be pre-ordering anything else. I'll just wait until I know its out and get it from a local store instead.
I never pre-order anything. I haven't got the patience for it.

Had I known this would be the wait, I wouldn't have either, bud.
ShadowHawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ShadowHawk »

AlexM wrote:Written for the Palladium Fantasy RPG world, it is adaptable to any Fantasy setting. The Garden itself has characteristics that take it beyond the ordinary, meaning it is known to the Gods and subtly influenced by them. The various statues within include many known and little known Gods plus a few that are unknown, till now. The descriptions for each God, and sometimes a related pantheon, are not just about the powers and artifacts they can bestow on Champions and others, but represent a combined epic history that includes many different races. And the Garden is still a work in progress with additional statues being discovered in a portion of the Garden known as the Primeva.

This book is scheduled for release on January 10. https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... y-RPG.html

Alex, when will it be available on Drivethru RPG?
JMHutchins
D-Bee

AlexM wrote:Written for the Palladium Fantasy RPG world, it is adaptable to any Fantasy setting. The Garden itself has characteristics that take it beyond the ordinary, meaning it is known to the Gods and subtly influenced by them. The various statues within include many known and little known Gods plus a few that are unknown, till now. The descriptions for each God, and sometimes a related pantheon, are not just about the powers and artifacts they can bestow on Champions and others, but represent a combined epic history that includes many different races. And the Garden is still a work in progress with additional statues being discovered in a portion of the Garden known as the Primeva.

Jan 10th... it's now Feb 15th and I still don't have mine. I preordered in August 2019. Paid in full. I've sent 4 questions asking for any info on when it'll arrive through the Contact option... no replies. Is there anyone who can answer this for me, or am I out $28?

Product Description Status Quantity Price/Ea. Total
Garden of the Gods™ – a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook (pre-order) Shipped on 08/30/2019 1 $22.99 $22.99
Shipping: U.S.P.S. Media Mail®: $5.27
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $28.26

Says shipped on 8/30/19 - 5 months before it was ready for sale? That's obviously not right.

Order History
Invoice Order Date Products Quantity Order Status Shipments Order Total
44757 08/29/2019 1 1 Shipped??? $28.26 View
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

JMHutchins wrote:Jan 10th... it's now Feb 15th and I still don't have mine. I preordered in August 2019. Paid in full. I've sent 4 questions asking for any info on when it'll arrive through the Contact option... no replies. Is there anyone who can answer this for me, or am I out $28?

Product Description Status Quantity Price/Ea. Total
Garden of the Gods™ – a Palladium Fantasy RPG® Sourcebook (pre-order) Shipped on 08/30/2019 1 $22.99 $22.99
Shipping: U.S.P.S. Media Mail®: $5.27
Sales Tax: $0.00
Total: $28.26

Says shipped on 8/30/19 - 5 months before it was ready for sale? That's obviously not right.

Order History
Invoice Order Date Products Quantity Order Status Shipments Order Total
44757 08/29/2019 1 1 Shipped??? $28.26 View

Greetings and Salutations. Your best bet is to usually try them by phone during business hours. That's far more reliable (at least in the past) than trying to contact then via their site.

If there's a simple mix up or oversight, they should be helpful. But I will note that I noticed the shipment method was Media Mail. Palladium usually warns of risks with that method. So if they state they shipped it, then you may be out of luck.

All in all, I wish you the best and hope for a speedy resolution and you obtaining your book. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Reagren Wright wrote:The Perception Roll has FINALLY made its way into Palladium Fantasy by being introduced in Garden of Gods. Now we just have to get it into Heroes Unlimited.

Got my copy of Garden now and was pleased to read here that Kevin has introduced the perception roll to PFRPG - but I can't find it! Can you please point out the page number for me? Cheers!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Warwolf
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Soldier of Od wrote:
Reagren Wright wrote:The Perception Roll has FINALLY made its way into Palladium Fantasy by being introduced in Garden of Gods. Now we just have to get it into Heroes Unlimited.

Got my copy of Garden now and was pleased to read here that Kevin has introduced the perception roll to PFRPG - but I can't find it! Can you please point out the page number for me? Cheers!

p. 207 :)
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Thanks, Warwolf!

Just took a look at it - there's no mention of any bonuses to perception from I.Q. or experience like there is in Nightbane. That's a shame. And no mention of what bonuses existing O.C.C.s, races, etc. might get. Very annoying - so Palladium Books introduces a new rule to the game and only the new classes, races, spells, abilities, boons and such will get bonuses and penalties to it? (including those O.C.C.s in the Byzantium book that for some reason had perception bonuses even though there were no rules for perception in PFRPG at the time.) Sometimes playing Palladium games can be very frustrating!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I use perception as given in Nightbane (using the IQ attribute ME bonus table to get the general bonus and adding +1 at levels 3, 9, 15). In so far as Garden makes a reference to Nightbane, I think I can even get away with that canonically. It is a shame that some new OCCs get a perception bonus while nothing is said about the „old“ OCC/PCC/RCC. I think a new sourcebook should just clarify the matter with a simple table.
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Hendrik wrote:I use perception as given in Nightbane (using the IQ attribute ME bonus table to get the general bonus and adding +1 at levels 3, 9, 15). In so far as Garden makes a reference to Nightbane, I think I can even get away with that canonically. It is a shame that some new OCCs get a perception bonus while nothing is said about the „old“ OCC/PCC/RCC. I think a new sourcebook should just clarify the matter with a simple table.

This shouldn't need a Sourcebook. A simple reference document on PB's main page and for free on Drivethru with a basic description of PF, bonuses from IQ and level of experience then for each setting it can have a list of races and OCCs that get a bonus. Putting it on Drivethru means that every time you do an update, oh we forgot to give rangers a +1 so let's add it, readers are informed and can download the new version.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Unread post by Whiskeyjack »

Still no word on when it will be available on Drivethru? I've given up trying to get physical books.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Thers a Sneak preview in Drivethru now,I like it,
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

Read that. I want to buy the entire book now.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

kiralon wrote:lol, 25 years too late for me, and the current palladium version doesn't have enough user variation. I have had a perception stat for a very long time.

Perception as an Attribute? The only thing I can think of that had Perc. as a stat was a certain RT Fanzine PCA. Or did you make it up your own?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

made it up on my own.
http://www.users.on.net/~charybdis/Pall ... 20v1.1.pdf
is my character sheet

Elves and goblins (and certain wolfen) have 4d6
most of everyone else have 3d6
dwarfs trolls and trogs have 2d6
the bonus is the same as PP but applied to ranged weapons and PP gives no bonuses to strike with ranged
below 9 give negatives
dwarves makes optic systems for crossbows that reduce/negate the negatives/add bonuses depending on where you are and who made it.
Also adds bonuses to perception based skills (locate secret compartments and doors/streetwise etc)
A perception check is roll 1d20 lower the better, if you roll 0-5 below your perception you notice easy stuff. e.g
making it by 0-5 is finding easy to notice things (regular guy noticing things when picking up pizza)
making it by 15-20 is noticing very hard to notice things (almost sherlock holmes style)
PP of 18 is +2 to strike with a ranged weapon.
Last edited by kiralon on Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
kiralon
Champion

Unread post by kiralon »

I also use these with ranged weapons

Combat Modifiers – Ranged Combat

Range Numbers to hit a stationary person in no wind and no cover if you have appropriate WP.
Add 5 to the to hit numbers if no WP.

Range needed to hit numbers. Rolling below these (with modifiers) is an automatic miss.
Point Blank: 5+ Within 10ft.
Short: 8+ Within %10 of weapon range.
Medium: 12+ Within %50 of weapon range.
Long: 16+ Within %100 of weapon range.
Extreme: 21+ Within %120 of weapon range.

Target Speed Modifiers
5 +2 to target number.
12 +4 to target number.
18 +6 to target number.
24 +8 to target number.
30 +10 to target number.
If you have speed modifiers, cover modifiers are halved rounded up.

Cover Modifiers
Soft Cover, %25 +1 to target number.
Soft Cover, %50 +2 to target number.
Soft Cover, %75 +3 to target number.
Soft Cover, %90 +5 to target number.
Hard Cover, %25 +2 to target number.
Hard Cover, %50 +4 to target number.
Hard Cover, %75 +7 to target number.
Hard Cover, %90 +10 to target number.

Size Modifiers
Miniscule (20 cent coin size or smaller): +16 to target number.
(Extra +8 if called shot)
Tiny (30cm or smaller): +8 to target number
(Extra +4 if called shot)
Small (3ft or small): +4 to target number
(Extra +2 if called shot)
Medium (Man size or smaller): No modifiers

Large (7ft to 9ft range): -2 to target number
(-1 if called shot)
Huge (9ft to 15 ft): -4 to target number
(-2 if called shot)
Gargantuan (15ft to 30 ft): -6 to target number
(-3 if called shot)
Freakin Hooge (30ft+): -10 to target number
(-5 if called shot)
Wind Modifiers (Point Blank Halves these modifiers)
Light Wind +2 to target number.
Medium Wind +4 to target number.
Strong Wind +8 to target number.
Storm Winds +12 to target number.
Cyclonic Winds +20 to target number. (Note, PC’s, hell even Dragons would be hard pressed to do anything in 120mph+ winds).

And I have perks that also modify these.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I finally got my copy and love it!
Suspiria
D-Bee

Unread post by Suspiria »

I have this on my to buy very soon list. Its looks like an excellent book.
~FIN~
tmbn
Wanderer

Unread post by tmbn »

Anyone knows any online stores I can buy this book with shipment to Europe? I can't find a place to buy it :(

Edit: I tried the Palladium Fantasy Online store, but they have the lousiest shipment deal in US with $41 in shipment cost. I asked for several years if they could get a better deal for overseas shipmen but they dont want to. So then they will not sell any books to Europe either. Other places I shop from US have much lower shipment cost to Europe. We are talking way lower.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

tmbn wrote:Anyone knows any online stores I can buy this book with shipment to Europe? I can't find a place to buy it :(

Edit: I tried the Palladium Fantasy Online store, but they have the lousiest shipment deal in US with $41 in shipment cost. I asked for several years if they could get a better deal for overseas shipmen but they dont want to. So then they will not sell any books to Europe either. Other places I shop from US have much lower shipment cost to Europe. We are talking way lower.
I have fond Palladium's shipping costs in general to be too high.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

Is this coming out in pdf anytime soon?

As I just do not have space for paper or hardbacks anymore. It is why I had to stop buying Magic the Gathering world book hardbacks, they take up too much room, even though they are absolutely brilliant, as I am sure this will be.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Rogerd wrote:Is this coming out in pdf anytime soon?

As I just do not have space for paper or hardbacks anymore. It is why I had to stop buying Magic the Gathering world book hardbacks, they take up too much room, even though they are absolutely brilliant, as I am sure this will be.
I tend to be the opposite. I prefer printed materials and don't tend to even look at materials I have that are pdf.
Whiskeyjack
Adventurer

I but the PDF and print them out at work then put them in a binder. Best of both worlds.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I tend to be the opposite. I prefer printed materials and don't tend to even look at materials I have that are pdf.

Quite frankly i am the same as you, printed all the way, but I have a daughter, so space is at an all time premium in my house really.
While i cannot read much on a compter / laptop anymore - tablets are okay - hence PDF being absolutely crucial really.
Just wish i could remember all the fluff like I used to.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

When I'm reading a book just for fun and familiarization, I generally prefer the printed books. When I'm looking up a reference, I find I prefer PDFs. CTRL-F is just so useful.
Hotrod
Check out my maps here!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Hotrod wrote:When I'm reading a book just for fun and familiarization, I generally prefer the printed books. When I'm looking up a reference, I find I prefer PDFs. CTRL-F is just so useful.

For me CTRL-F is the single greatest reason to buy the PDF's also CTRL-C for when I am creating character sheets or vehicle sheets. However when it comes to reading I still use the actual print books and I likely always will. Now if e-pub versions where available then I probably would start reading them on my tablet but PDF's just too unwieldy.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

Is there any further news about this going to PDF from Drivehru?
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

How come Rifts Bestiary is on pdf, but this hasn't? Is there a reason for this?
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Rogerd wrote:How come Rifts Bestiary is on pdf, but this hasn't? Is there a reason for this?

Greetings and Salutations. I'm only making educated guesses, but ...

1: A Rifts Bestiary PDF was already made for the Megaversal Insider (MI) offer (this is a fact). As a result, this made it readily available for general release.

2: Palladium often waits about 2 years after the physical book release for PDF releases (not a hard rule, just what I've observed when I've looked into it previously). With COVID affecting businesses, I suspect Palladium released the PDF (a finished product) sooner in the hopes of a bit of extra cash during these times.

3: I believe Palladium is still in one of the lockdown areas and working at a diminished crew (2 people instead of 6). So the reduced number of workers is going to make it harder to work in what they probably consider smaller projects like the PDF.

4: Palladium has stated often that Rifts pays the bills. So a Rifts product will most often take precedence over a PF product.

While those may not all be the answers you want to hear, hopefully it helps put some things in perspective with at least an understanding. Farewell and safe journeys.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

I like the idea of building on the lore from Dragons and Gods, hope there's more deific powers!

Now we just need Dark Magicks to come.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

Axelmania wrote:I like the idea of building on the lore from Dragons and Gods, hope there's more deific powers!

Now we just need Dark Magicks to come.

You can download a preview from Drivethru - but yeah there are more Deific powers.
Rogerd
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Rogerd »

Going to ask the question here, but is it available in pdf yet?

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”