Protodeviln stats

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

Protodeviln stats

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Does anyone have stats/background (or a link to them) for these eldritch monstrosities (beyond the wiki's)? Are they basically the same as low class Old Ones in Palladium/Rifts?

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Protodeviln stats

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

I'm pretty sure stats for 'em are not something we're allowed to post here... there were some experimental ones on SteelFalcon back in the day, and I think sketchley may have archived them though.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Re: Protodeviln stats

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Background-wise, the Protodeviln are fairly straightforward... and not at all eldritch or even necessarily malevolent.

Back in the heydey of the ancient Protoculture in the main Macross timeline (c.498,000BCE), one side in the Protoculture Stellar Republic's civil war started working on an advanced version of the Zentradi that directly incorporated biotechnology in their design to give them integrated weapons, flight, and other capabilities. The idea was to make a "super Zentradi" that was man and mecha in one, able to be a sort of one-man-army. The trials were promising but the high energy requirements of the biotechnology weapons and countermeasures meant that they had no stamina in battle and were unsuitable for actual use in combat. Years later, with the war still going on, that side developed a technology that let them pull energy directly out of fold space... a power source of effectively unlimited endurance. They fitted the seven advanced Zentradi prototypes with this new power source and turned them on. They worked perfectly, except that benign energy beings from fold space were pulled into those prototypes and became trapped in their bodies. Without the higher-dimension energy those energy beings needed for survival, they were starving to death and began attacking test engineers and draining the higher-dimension energy from their minds, leaving them in a zombie-like sort of submissive state. This group of drained and controlled people kept growing and became the Supervision Army as the energy beings began harvesting more and more people to sustain their existence in the three-dimensional universe. Those "possessed" advanced Zentradi prototypes are the Protodeviln.

They pull power for their biotechnological systems directly out of fold space so they never run out of power, they have various capabilities that differ between models, but most can travel by space fold unassisted, fly, and remotely control the bodies of spiritia-drained people.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”