Finally about to start building

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

slade the sniper
Hero

Finally about to start building

Unread post by slade the sniper »

Ok, so I am about to finally start building my 50+ models that I bought...a while ago from Kickstarter. Anything I should know or do before I start cutting sprue?

-STS
My skin is not a sin - Carlos Wallace
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
I am a firm believer that men with guns can solve any problem - Inscriptus
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
slade the sniper
Hero

Re: Finally about to start building

Yay, finished my destroids...

Question, are there any MAC II's out there for sale? Or am I going to have to build my own?

-STS
A man's rights rest in three boxes. The ballot box, jury box and the cartridge box - Frederick Douglass
Any system in which the most populated areas have the most political power, creates an incentive for areas that want power to increase their population - Killer Cyborg
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

No MAC IIs were released from RRT. There are some third party ones that can work should you decide to go that route.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

How do they look? I have the main box set, and that is it. I have about half put together, but my skills are sadly lacking lol.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
slade the sniper
Hero

Well, I put together all the destroids and they look pretty good, about one level lower in quality than GW models. The pieces needed a lot of clean up after they were off the sprue. I can post some pics and put them somewhere if you want.

I haven't painted them because...um...I am now assembling the 50+ battlepods, and making a kit bash of some GW models and I still have to make my Tau infantry. But, if you want to see the unpainted models, lemme know.

-STS
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Yet another Robotech fan who plays Tau.... We have to start a support group or something.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Hey, Tau happens to all of us.

Post if you want, but don't do it just for me.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
slade the sniper
Hero

Well, I made a (and working on a second) tau kitbash out of a Megatron toy.

If I could ever get focused on doing one thing I would start painting, but...I don't.

Quick question...HOW did any of you get your Battlepod legs to...support the model prior to putting it on a base? Right now I have all these BPs upside down with their legs propped up like dying cockroaches, and I can only hope they lay flat on the base. Did you put the legs on the base first? I really just hope that my BP's don't look drunk/wonky AF.

Right now I am going to have 4 SRM carriers, 4 LRM carriers and 4 with the Heavy PB's, 2 recon pods, 2 OPBs and 16 TBPs. I figure that will give a lot of tactical flexibility, even if the tactical organization is wrong according to OSM/PB.

WHEN I get all the models built, I will post them up...then paint them all about a year later, LOL.

As for the Tau, well I do already have Lamenters, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle already painted. Working on the Tau is really just me making cheap knockoffs...the only actual GW models I have is 10 firewarriors and 3 stealth suits. I am going to cut off the firewarrior feet and give them human feet, because I can't stand those weird triple hoof things...

-STS
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

slade the sniper wrote:Well, I made a (and working on a second) tau kitbash out of a Megatron toy.

If I could ever get focused on doing one thing I would start painting, but...I don't.

Quick question...HOW did any of you get your Battlepod legs to...support the model prior to putting it on a base? Right now I have all these BPs upside down with their legs propped up like dying cockroaches, and I can only hope they lay flat on the base. Did you put the legs on the base first? I really just hope that my BP's don't look drunk/wonky AF.

Right now I am going to have 4 SRM carriers, 4 LRM carriers and 4 with the Heavy PB's, 2 recon pods, 2 OPBs and 16 TBPs. I figure that will give a lot of tactical flexibility, even if the tactical organization is wrong according to OSM/PB.

WHEN I get all the models built, I will post them up...then paint them all about a year later, LOL.

As for the Tau, well I do already have Lamenters, Imperial Guard, Sisters of Battle already painted. Working on the Tau is really just me making cheap knockoffs...the only actual GW models I have is 10 firewarriors and 3 stealth suits. I am going to cut off the firewarrior feet and give them human feet, because I can't stand those weird triple hoof things...

-STS

That's weird. I never had any problem with the legs. Did you follow the directions right? Did you pair the legs right?

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”