Why are all Meleet W.P. Skills & Weapon weaker than Swords?

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Janos2001
D-Bee

Why are all Meleet W.P. Skills & Weapon weaker than Swords?

Unread post by Janos2001 »

I have an honest question.. why do All of the other Ancient Weapon Skills suck compared to swords? Swords end up getting +1 (+2 if you take Fencing, but not counting that) to Strike and Parry more than any other Ancient, and in a game where there is no difference in damage based on if you hit it with a Blunt, a Sword, an Axe, or even a Spear (unless you took Targeting), and I didn't add Polearm because the Skill gives a VERY pitifully low bonus to damage), then what is the use other than you like the looks? I have never seen an NPC or Mob that is vulnerable to an Axe, or a Sword, or a Blunt... and on Average, you can find More swords with good damage, better than the others most of the time. I am honestly curious if Kevin, or any of the others, ever gave a reason for such a screw over of the other W.P. Skills? I mean, I prefer an axe or Polearm over a Sword any day, but yet because of the game design, I almost feel like I am railroaded into Sword if I want to have a chance to compete (Both with being able to hit AND damage).

Thank you in advance for your time and any information.
Shorty Lickens
Hero
Comment: Arrrrgggghhhh!

Re: Why are all Meleet W.P. Skills & Weapon weaker than Swor

Unread post by Shorty Lickens »

cuz they really didnt put that much effort into stat checking when making these games.

also, its your game.
do whatever you want.
http://incompetech.com/graphpaper/
Create and print dozens of different graph papers.

Return to “G.M.s Forum”