God of the Undead

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

God of the Undead

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Hey all,

Is there a god of the undead in the Palladium pantheon? I'm looking for something that is roughly equivalent to Orcus from the list of AD&D demon lords. I have an idea for a game that revolves around a god of this kind, and if there is something that already exists in one of the Palladium books, I would prefer to use that.

Thanks in advance,
Captain Nibbz
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: God of the Undead

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Vampire Intelligences (Rifts WB1, IINM they are also in a PF book), Rifts WB4 Africa might have something useful (4 Horseman, possibly the Egyptian pantheon). Some other World/Dimension Books might also have something useful in this regard it depends if some of the pantheons get explored in detail (beyond PotM).

Dragons & Gods (PF2E, but compatible with Rifts):
Vald-Tegor, Lord of the Undead (pg128-30)
Utu, Lord of the Dead (pg125-6)
Kala (the Deity)
Anubis, Lord of the Dead (pg154-6)

Probably more that are more apparent by more than just a quick skim. You might also want to check out Pantheons of the Megaverse (for Rifts), they might have a few more. D&G has rules for creating Alien Intelligences, and PotM has rules for creating Gods (and sub types)
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Rifts WB 12 Psyscape, pg. 22 has Nxla the Harvester of souls. I have always thought that he would be good in a BTS game.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

ShadowLogan wrote:Vampire Intelligences (Rifts WB1, IINM they are also in a PF book), Rifts WB4 Africa might have something useful (4 Horseman, possibly the Egyptian pantheon). Some other World/Dimension Books might also have something useful in this regard it depends if some of the pantheons get explored in detail (beyond PotM).

Dragons & Gods (PF2E, but compatible with Rifts):
Vald-Tegor, Lord of the Undead (pg128-30)
Utu, Lord of the Dead (pg125-6)
Kala (the Deity)
Anubis, Lord of the Dead (pg154-6)

Probably more that are more apparent by more than just a quick skim. You might also want to check out Pantheons of the Megaverse (for Rifts), they might have a few more. D&G has rules for creating Alien Intelligences, and PotM has rules for creating Gods (and sub types)

These are some pretty good suggestions. I like the idea of using Anubis for this. Could be fun to roll up some of the stuff that was going on over in Egypt at the time period of the campaign I'm thinking of (1920's). Could be fun to have the players do a full on raid on an Egyptian tomb similar to something like King Tut (who was discovered in 1922).

Warshield73 wrote:Rifts WB 12 Psyscape, pg. 22 has Nxla the Harvester of souls. I have always thought that he would be good in a BTS game.

This is absolutely perfect for what I need. I have an idea of combining the figure of Anubis as of one of the Harvesters serving Nxla as an immortal (thus the legends of his god status). This gives me a lot to think about. I have the feeling that this new campaign idea that I'm forming is going to be . . . interesting to say the least.

Thanks for all the help :D
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Devjannz
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Devjannz »

Captain_Nibbz wrote:Hey all,

Is there a god of the undead in the Palladium pantheon? I'm looking for something that is roughly equivalent to Orcus from the list of AD&D demon lords. I have an idea for a game that revolves around a god of this kind, and if there is something that already exists in one of the Palladium books, I would prefer to use that.

Thanks in advance,
Captain Nibbz

Another choice is Camazotz from the Vampire Kingdoms (orig) or Vampire Sourcebook (revised). He is the lord of Bats and Darkness (and is looking to be Lord of the Undead).
"Hurry, were running out of time!"

"Cannot run out of time. There is infinite time. You are finite; Zathras is finite; This....is wrong tool.

Susan Ivonnova and Zathras, Babylon 5 'War Without End'
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Captain_Nibbz wrote:Hey all,

Thanks in advance,
Captain Nibbz

Nesota is the Great Old One of Undead. He might be asleep but...
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon

Return to “G.M.s Forum”