All Quiet on the Western...What?

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

All Quiet on the Western...What?

Unread post by Mr. Jays »

So, it looks like my BTS adventure is getting published in Rifter 84. Thanks to everyone who played in it at the Open House and everyone who gave me feedback!
--- author of "All Quiet on the Western.....What?" Rifter 84
Captain_Nibbz
Adventurer

Re: All Quiet on the Western...What?

Unread post by Captain_Nibbz »

Hey congratulations! I look forward to getting my copy in the mail and reading through the adventure! If I get a chance to run it, I'll let you know how it goes :D
A good friend will help you hide a body. A best friend will lend you the P.P.E. you need to resurrect the body as a loyal zombie servant.

"If I kept a list of all time worst Sound Off threads, this would be way up there." - Mack
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Captain_Nibbz wrote:Hey congratulations! I look forward to getting my copy in the mail and reading through the adventure! If I get a chance to run it, I'll let you know how it goes :D

That would be great! I would love to see what someone else does with it!
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Mr. Jays was also kind enough to let me know that one of my submissions, a monster called the Dimma, will be sharing space with his article in #84. :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

Mr. Jays wrote:So, it looks like my BTS adventure is getting published in Rifter 84. Thanks to everyone who played in it at the Open House and everyone who gave me feedback!

I'm really looking forward to this as I believe I was signed up for this game at POH but I sat down to rest after running a game and fell asleep, missing the first hour of the game. Apparently I'm too old to go 4 days in a row with 4 hours sleep a night.

I am also considering running this at OwlCon next year, which would be my first attempt at running BTS, so I can't wait to read through it.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well, Rifter 84 is out now. For those of you who have been waiting. What do you think of All Quiet on the Western....What?
mrloucifer
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: "Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there... wondering, fearing, doubting" - Edgar Allen Poe

Unread post by mrloucifer »

Mr. Jays wrote:Well, Rifter 84 is out now. For those of you who have been waiting. What do you think of All Quiet on the Western....What?

To help motivate people to read and share their thoughts about this article (I've read it and I quite enjoyed it), I'm, posting an announcement here first...

Mr. Jays made 10 Soldier characters sheets for this adventure, and he has sent them to the House of BTS!

You want them? Well, then click here to come on over and get them! :)
"Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places."
–H.P. Lovecraft

By night I'm known as Steven Dawes, that "BTS" guy, and the Host of the House of BTS!
Warshield73
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: "I will not be silenced. I will not submit. I will find the truth and shout it to the world. "

Unread post by Warshield73 »

I just finished reading it this weekend and all I can say is that I'm sorry I missed it at the Open House. It looks like a lot of fun. If players at the conventions like Operation Minotaur I will definitely try and run this later on.

Great job on the adventure and the characters.
Northern Gun Chief of Robotics
Designer of NG-X40 Storm Hammer Power Armor & NG-HC1000 Dragonfly Hover Chopper
Big game hunter, explorer extra ordinaire and expert on the Aegis Buffalo
Ultimate Insider for WB 32: Lemuria, WB 33: Northern Gun 1, WB 34: Northern Gun 2
Showdown Backer Robotech RPG Tactics
Benefactor Insider Rifts Bestiary: Vol 1, Rifts Bestiary: Vol 2
Mr. Jays
Megaversal® Ambassador

I'm glad you liked it. If you run it later, let me know how it goes!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

I might be a bit biased because I played this adventure at the last Palladium Open House. Thus, I also had the extra good fortune to see the writer himself excel, again, at GMing. I love „All Quiet on the Western... What?“.

Consequently, I was chomping at the bits to see it written out. Now, I do not want to take anything away from any of you guys reading at playing it, so I will try to keep this little review free from spoilers.

It is a super exciting and very eerie adventure. You will find ample horror on top of the horrors of trench warfare!!! It has helpful and on point yet simple rules (no man‘s land, shell shock, citizen soldier), and, man, does it pace the party, in the best way. It also conveys a sense of (military) accomplishment by going through 3 missions, which incidentally makes it ideal for either 1 long gameday or to break it up into ideally 3 sessions. With 1917 just out and interest in WW1 still high, this adventure should tickle any player and GM just right.

Let me add that anyone who causes damage of 120 or more points (*singing* hand grenade *singing*) will be heartily welcome into the 120-club, we founded when gaming this excellent adventure.

Spoiler:
That said, one little spoiler, I am a fan of the trench rats and the Life Force Drinkers!

Kyle gives a GM absolutely everything he needs to have a hell of a good time!

Well done!!!!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”