Who would enjoy Hoser Thursday???

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Who would enjoy Hoser Thursday???

Unread post by Spinachcat »

VIP Thursday is a lot of fun and great for buying limited run stuff, but its only 100 people and it costs a chunk. I've done it twice and greatly enjoyed it (and highly recommend it too), but in 2018, I think it would be fun to host HOSER THURSDAY gaming at the hotel.

Instead of a great catered meal, we shalt order pizza and raideth vending machines! (which also means its BYOB)
Instead of interesting panel discussions, we shalt maketh funny noises at each other.
And when we are done making funny noises, we shalt game until the wee hours!

As for logistics, does anyone know if the cheaper motel has a 24/7 gaming space for us?

Or are we going old school and piling on beds, chairs and the floor?

BTW, Detroit has its own style of pizza! We must consume mass quantities!

PS: if you don't know what a hoser is (then you're definitely a hoser!) and please youtube search for Bob and Doug MacKenzie, a terrific old school SNL skit from Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas, the spawned the cult comedy movie Strange Brew.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: Who would enjoy Hoser Thursday???

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Spinachcat wrote:VIP Thursday is a lot of fun and great for buying limited run stuff, but its only 100 people and it costs a chunk. I've done it twice and greatly enjoyed it (and highly recommend it too), but in 2018, I think it would be fun to host HOSER THURSDAY gaming at the hotel.

Instead of a great catered meal, we shalt order pizza and raideth vending machines! (which also means its BYOB)
Instead of interesting panel discussions, we shalt maketh funny noises at each other.

As for logistics, does anyone know if the cheaper motel has a 24/7 gaming space for us?

PS: if you don't know what a hoser is (then you're definitely a hoser!) and please youtube search for Bob and Doug MacKenzie, a terrific old school SNL skit from Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas, the spawned the cult comedy movie Strange Brew.

The convention room closes at 10 pm per Hilton rules at the Hampton Inn.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

So does anyone have a plan for gaming after 10:00 pm?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

The warehouse is open until Midnight- otherwise rooms only it seems- we are working on possible alternatives- I will obviously post here if we figure out some.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

I looked at interior images of the Red Roof Inn. It's the $50 hotel option. There appears to be a half-desk and chair in each room. Thus, everyone with a room can roll their chair into the GM's room. Or they can sit on the bed or sit on the floor. Whatever works.

However, the Hampton Inn has free breakfast. If you are coming as a group, you gotta add that into your ROI. AKA, if you have 4 people in your room, that's effectively $40 worth of free food that's on location so you don't have to drive to chow on the way to the POH.

Obviously, the Hampton Inn has larger rooms since we're talking suites. Of course, you are still dealing with people rolling chairs from their rooms. And some rooms have a whirlpool jacuzzi.

Of course, we don't know how many GMs vs. Players will be staying where. That complicates organizing matters somewhat, but the two hotels are 15 minutes from each other by car so not an insurmountable issue.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

zyanitevp wrote:
Spinachcat wrote:VIP Thursday is a lot of fun and great for buying limited run stuff, but its only 100 people and it costs a chunk. I've done it twice and greatly enjoyed it (and highly recommend it too), but in 2018, I think it would be fun to host HOSER THURSDAY gaming at the hotel.

At this time the convention room of the Hilton is no longer reserved for our use.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Rooms only bah. I'm sure there are places like Dennies around.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I read the title and was excited. Then I read the OP and saw it was for POH goers only. To which i loudly cry, "Take off eh!"
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Scott Gibbons wrote:
zyanitevp wrote:

At this time the convention room of the Hilton is no longer reserved for our use.

That's very unfortunate, but I thank you for the update.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
EddieSprecy
D-Bee

Who would enjoy Hoser Thursday

Unread post by EddieSprecy »

If youre asking us SG, then you definitely have to tell us who you are =P its only fair
I would probably say Katara, because I try to be nice to everyone most of the time, but can get random outbursts of craziness/ anger

Return to “Palladium Open House”