Rifter 81

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Rifter 81

Unread post by zerombr »

Thoughts on Rifter 81, peeps?
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Rifter 81

Unread post by eliakon »

As usual, Your article "Hitting the Streets" was, to me, the high point of the issue.
I especially liked the way that you could now customize your character in so many ways that I could run HU games for years, with multiple players running super sleuths and still not have overlapping characters.

Best of all, by pre-selecting certain customization paths I can instantly generate any of hundreds of OCCs for other games. Thus if I need a psychic investigator for Rifts or that consulting wizard in the Western Empire or the cyber-crimes investigator on Star Base XXIII I now can do so with ease. And in my book material that is useful across the entire megaverse is of outsized use. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Will provide a review once I have both 80 & 81 in my hands & looked through.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

eliakon wrote:As usual, Your article "Hitting the Streets" was, to me, the high point of the issue.
I especially liked the way that you could now customize your character in so many ways that I could run HU games for years, with multiple players running super sleuths and still not have overlapping characters.

Best of all, by pre-selecting certain customization paths I can instantly generate any of hundreds of OCCs for other games. Thus if I need a psychic investigator for Rifts or that consulting wizard in the Western Empire or the cyber-crimes investigator on Star Base XXIII I now can do so with ease. And in my book material that is useful across the entire megaverse is of outsized use. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next.

Thank you very much! At first, the Sleuth was looking hard to put together, but slowly the mechanics came into place. I tried to make it so you could play many notable detectives archetype, from Columbo, to any of Jackie Chan's cop movies, to Phoenix Wright, to Harry Dresden, and Sherlock.

I've been working on the Physical Training hero and the Secret Operative a little of late.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”