How to use a Still?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Thead65
D-Bee

How to use a Still?

Unread post by Thead65 »

What skill be used to make beer? Or What skill would be used to operate a Still?
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Re: How to use a Still?

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Thead65 wrote:What skill be used to make beer? Or What skill would be used to operate a Still?

Brewing.
Thead65
D-Bee

Unread post by Thead65 »

filo_clarke wrote:
Thead65 wrote:What skill be used to make beer? Or What skill would be used to operate a Still?

Brewing.

What book is that in? or Where would I find that skill?
filo_clarke
Adventurer

Unread post by filo_clarke »

Many of the game lines have the Brewing Skill. Dead Reign, for instance has two versions; Brewing: Basic (for making alcoholic beverages) and Brewing: Medicinal (for medicinal alcohol)
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

I'll need to check SF myself in a bit, but try looking u see either technical or medical skills. That is where it tends to be.
Edit: it's not there. Huh. Well I know pfrpg and the rifts gmg have it.

Is also assume you could use the chemistry skill to whip up something, but unless you are making high proof pure alcohol (everclear, vodka, etc. The clear flavorless stuff) you would be at a substantial skill penalty to produce anything that didn't taste terrible.

If you are making industrial grade stuff, like for use as ethanol fuel, chemistry ought to cover it. Industrial grade is not safe to consume though.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Thead65 wrote:
filo_clarke wrote:

Brewing.

What book is that in? or Where would I find that skill?

Beyond the Supernatural-2 and Dead Reign - page 197 of both books. Also, Rifts Ultimate Edition - page 307 and Palladium Fantasy-2 - page 53:
"Brewing:Basic." That skill deals with fermented beverages such as wine and beer, but not stronger liquors like whiskey that require a still for their production. Fine wine is also not included. The three games feature the skill Brewing:Medicinal, which is almost identical to Brewing:Basic, except that Brewing:Medicinal allows for tonics and inhalents. I couldn't find any skill that allows for the operation of a still...sorry. Hope that helps.
dreicunan
Hero

Unread post by dreicunan »

I'd suggest that brewing: advanced be added and allow for operation of a still (or just let you do so by taking brewing twice).
Axelmania wrote:You of course, being the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not.
Declared the ultimate authority on what is an error and what is not by Axelmania on 5.11.19.

Return to “Systems Failure™”