POH 2018 favorite memory?

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

POH 2018 favorite memory?

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Mine was ran across the whole event. For those who aren't aware I've been trying to write an Alaska world book, entitled Alyeska: The Great Land, ever since I approached Kevin and he showed interest in the idea back at POH 2009. SO Fell has been on my case so long while we've been working on some stuff together to start submitting some of it to the Rifter. I keep pushing that idea off because I want it to be official. So when we met we talked some more and I've been convinced to submit some of it and hopefully gain traction that way. I've also been talking with Greg about it and received support from Brandon. But this week end I also Got to meet Mark who has offered to help out and Chuck who is REALLY urging me on. All of them are giving me so much encouragement and and support I want to say thank you all. And to the Butter Troll... if you don't want to share Kodiak then the first one gets it right? :)

It was an awesome weekend and I can't say it enough, thank you all.

For those of you that keep thinking of submitting something... DO IT. Remember there is tons of support from the fanboys who also happen to work on the books.

I also received much encouragement from fans who liked the ideas. So it looks like I'm going to have to write a treatment or brief for those who didn't get to hear the spiel but like the topic. Thank you all too.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Veknironth
Hero

Re: POH 2018 favorite memory?

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, right in the middle of the final, huge fight in Levi's game the PC group had a run of bad luck. It really turned the fight against us. My character had just been knocked out so I couldn't do anything and was a spectator. Isaac X was sitting across from me, and he rolled poorly. Isaac lifted his head up, looked me right in the eyes, like he was breaking the 4th wall in a movie, and had an expression of such disgust and frustration that I had to laugh. I was polite enough to put my head on the table, but it was a good 10 seconds before I could look at everyone.

-Vek
"Also, Isaac did 210 point of damage in one hit. Memorable."
zerombr
Adventurer
Comment: Rifter Contributer 79, 81,82,83,84

Unread post by zerombr »

I too was inspired to continue/submit my Rifter article for Casade. I intend to wrap it up finally within the next few weeks.
"The Guides to the Megaverse(tm)" Podcast at https://guidesmegaverse.podbean.com/
Author of "Setting the Stage" - Rifter 79, "Hitting the Streets" - Rifter 81, "Hitting the Gym" - Rifter 82
"Saving the World", and "On the Hunt" - Rifter 83
and lastly, my baby, my long term project... The Dark City of Cascade - Rifter 84.
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

So many good memories but I would have to say seeing the planning that went into my Phi
adventure pay off. A great time was held by all and it made an ordinary Dungeon Crawl become
something special.
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Jack Burton »

Reagren Wright wrote:So many good memories but I would have to say seeing the planning that went into my Phi
adventure pay off. A great time was held by all and it made an ordinary Dungeon Crawl become
something special.

My wife and I enjoyed your energy and descriptiveness, especially when she lost her prowl AND horror factor rolls and her priestess had to kiss the foot of the inquisitor.
Fell
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Fell »

Playing in Kevin’s Dead Reign game.

Talking with all the artist and writers.

Playing Palladium games with players who know the game.

Finally meeting people face to face, Zer0 Kay and several others, and meeting new friends, John Burton and lots of others!

Whole thing was a blast. See you at PoH 2019....because that’s the next one right?!!! or 2020.... or whenever. ;)

Thank you all for the fun.

Dan Frederick
Last edited by Fell on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dan Frederick
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Fell wrote:Playing in Kevin’s Dead Reign game.

Play Palladium games with players who know the game.

Finally meeting people face to face, Zer0 Kay and several others, and meeting new friends, John Burton and lots of others!

Whole thing was a blast. See you at PoH 2019....because that’s the next one right?!!! or 2020.... or whenever. ;)

Dan Frederick

Likewise, great meeting you, too!
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

For me my favorite memory(ies) were the, very, ad hoc RT game that I helped get off the ground Thursday night. I ACTUALLY laughed so hard I was crying!!!! ;) My next (but not least) favorite memory was the Chaos Earth game I played in on Sunday, I truly enjoyed playing the young Chaos wizard and ( :? for some inexplicable reason :P ) acting like a total Valley Girl while playing him (I blamed it on him watching too much 80's TV). :lol:
But most of all I truly enjoyed talking to various artists and writers and getting their take on all things Palladium. You all TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

keir451 wrote:For me my favorite memory(ies) were the, very, ad hoc RT game that I helped get off the ground Thursday night. I ACTUALLY laughed so hard I was crying!!!! ;) My next (but not least) favorite memory was the Chaos Earth game I played in on Sunday, I truly enjoyed playing the young Chaos wizard and ( :? for some inexplicable reason :P ) acting like a total Valley Girl while playing him (I blamed it on him watching too much 80's TV). :lol:
But most of all I truly enjoyed talking to various artists and writers and getting their take on all things Palladium. You all TOTALLY ROCK!!!!!

I believe I was in that RT game! We were rolling! :lol: :lol: Great game! Great GM! Got to play some RTT. Play with some wave 2 stuff(fan made) and Southern Cross stuff(again, fan made). Got to talk with fellow Robotech fans. See Chuck again, talk to him, see his awesome drawings, and buy his awesome drawings. As for the next OH, lets wait 2 years.
Reelman
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Eliminating that not so fresh feeling from the world of role playing.

Unread post by Reelman »

Favorite memories, too many to have a fav:

Seeing old friends and making new ones would have to be top, the rest in no particular order.

The energy of the OH was amazing from beginning to end.

During the Mediocre 7 Game Saturday night, someone asked about any further threats and I misunderstood them to ask if the cyber horses were threatening, and totally lost my composure.

During the All hands on Deck - Dead Reign one of the SEAL team members was carrying another team mate when he got all Zombie bitey on him so he casually dumped him overboard while restrained, it was a hoot!

Super early game on Sunday for the gentlemen from Atlanta that could not get in on a game on VIP night, my son got to help round out the party and was able to turn a bad taste into an awesome memory.

That just scratches the surface but are certainly ones that stick out.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:
Fell wrote:Playing in Kevin’s Dead Reign game.

Play Palladium games with players who know the game.

Dan Frederick

Likewise, great meeting you, too!

Wait a second... I wasn't asking you guys... I dont care what you have to say...

J/k really glad you all made it home safely. So Jack your wife going to start playing now? :)

And... I'm working g on a Rifter teaser release Fell :p. You were right I was wrong. Quick quote this post because I'm deleting the proof I said that. :D
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:So Jack your wife going to start playing now? :)

Likely not, although she had a decent time playing. Who knows? Maybe she'll want to give it another go when the Kickstarter comes in this summer for the Savage Worlds Monster Hunters International I backed. She's an avid reader and enjoyed all those books.

More importantly, she and I had a great time together in Michigan away from the kids.... long overdue. Also, we both had a blast meeting everyone! Every single person we met, we liked and got along with!
Coffee Zombie
D-Bee

Unread post by Coffee Zombie »

Got to play in Kevin's game, that alone was an experience (even if the poor man looked very tired by that point!). Meeting so many Palladium players was fantastic, just being able to see that much passion and love for the company was something else. And having every single book in print on a shelf... well, let's just say my wallet is still hurting! The artists tables were fantastic as well, and I witnessed many a good game!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:

Likely not, although she had a decent time playing. Who knows? Maybe she'll want to give it another go when the Kickstarter comes in this summer for the Savage Worlds Monster Hunters International I backed. She's an avid reader and enjoyed all those books.

More importantly, she and I had a great time together in Michigan away from the kids.... long overdue. Also, we both had a blast meeting everyone! Every single person we met, we liked and got along with!

Except me. You guys couldn't stand me. :)
Jack Burton
Megaversal® Ambassador

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Well, I didn't want to say anything... hahahaha :lol:

I hope you get traction with your manuscript. It sounded very cool.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Jack Burton wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:
Jack Burton wrote:

Well, I didn't want to say anything... hahahaha :lol:

I hope you get traction with your manuscript. It sounded very cool.

Thank you... :wink: for admitting I ruined everything for you :lol: no seriously though thank you EVERYONE that heard about it was super supportive and encouraging.

Return to “Palladium Open House”