GenCon Tournaments Reports?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Alpha 11
Palladin

GenCon Tournaments Reports?

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Ok, what happen in the tournaments? Are there any pictures?
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Re: GenCon Tournaments Reports?

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Alpha 11 wrote:Ok, what happen in the tournaments? Are there any pictures?

Lots of pictures posted to Facebook and Twitter on the Palladium accounts.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Alpha 11
Palladin

zyanitevp wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:Ok, what happen in the tournaments? Are there any pictures?

Lots of pictures posted to Facebook and Twitter on the Palladium accounts.

Thanks!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Any battle reports? Any pics elsewhere (aka, not on Twits or FB)?
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Doesn't appear to be as yet. And that's kinda the problem. Even when something good happens, there's zero publicity.

This would have been a great starting push if revitalization is wanted. And while not every army was painted, there were definitely some that showed some skill with the brush. And Dan Rains (tourney organizer) procured several decent looking tables for the event, whether on his own or through PB. Some in game shots, the tournament winner with a handshake from Kevin and a couple of shots of the Best Painted to show just what can be done with the miniatures, proudly displayed, would have made people who hadn't given up on this product line, a definite morale boost that PB are on it.

Two PBWU's and a KSU later, and it's kind of been mentioned in passing that it happened. That's NOT the way to handle the first official event in over two years. Doesn't matter that turnout wasn't exceptional, you still had people travelling to GenCon to play. Recognize that. Encourage that. Build on that.
TigerBunny76
D-Bee

Unread post by TigerBunny76 »

TigerBunny76
D-Bee

TigerBunny76
D-Bee

The guy who won played malcontents (Robert). Very good mix of Zentradi and UEDF. Regults and destroids. I played UEDF. Two squads of veritechs, one with a VF-1S attachment. And a squad of four Phalanx's. I tried a pincher maneuver, sending the veritechs to surround his army while leaving the phalanxes back to lob blast templates. I did an afterburner maneuver and landed my vermillion squad into a Zentradi officer pod. bad idea. Tiger squad (veritechs painted with tiger strips) lasted longer. took out most of the destroids bringing up the rear. But eventually got pasted. The Phalanxes barely got a shot in. Rob rushed straight for them and took them out quick. He cleared the board.

Second game. I missed the guys name. He played UEDF. Two squads of veritech and two squads of Destroids. He rushed in and missed all his missile shots. I moved inVermillion at half speed, shot down one and pulled an afterburner to get out. He took out four of vermillion with a group of spartans leaving rick hunter in a VF-1S. My Phalanxes laid back, but two got knocked out. I did smear his tomahawks. Blast templates are awesome. I had to move them forward, and that left them open to his second Veritech squad. Tiger squad did take out a full squad before we had to call it. I had two veritechs remaining on the board at the end of the game.

I took fourth, but it was fun to play with other people. The guy running the event with the giant SDF-1 mockup came up and thanked me for actually bringing my own painted mini's.

I was awarded best Painted. While I'm flattered. I know there are people out there that paint better then me. I would love to have some competition next year. This was the first time I ever played in a tournament at Gencon. I was nervous, I wanted to do well. Mostly I wanted to play as many games as I could.

Now.
This I don't understand.
People where taking picture of us playing this game. Were are they?
We all had our photos taken with our awards.
??
If you're out on the net and see photo's of a guy in a rather loud orange Hawaiian shirt playing RRT. let me know
Alpha 11
Palladin

First, I think you painted your stuff great! Way better then mine. Loved the pictures! Hope you're coming to the Open House next year. Would love to play you.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Thank you TigerBunny!!

Your Tiger squad looks good.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

TigerBunny - Yeah Rob is a good player. I've played him in some quick and dirty games. He is the only other "local" (if local is an hour away and both parties having busy real life schedules). In fact he is the only person other than one friend who use my stuff for his army that I have played in actual games. Zero other players around here.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”