Randomer Item Table, Dead Reign Edition

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Randomer Item Table, Dead Reign Edition

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Many have already seen... experienced the randomeer item list in the RIfts forum. Some people have mentioned having a random item table would be nice. So lets start. Please keep it less outlandish than the Rifts one but don't be afraid to post completely useless stuff on the other hand useful stuff. The lists will go from 1-100 and to make parsing easy please use 1. as the numbering format. Lets get the first one done and then we can start playing games with it. When we get to 100 I will compile the items and offer the excel file by email. So lets start with something like this.

1. You find an icepick, wine bottle opener and a pair of ice tongs... all of them are stuck in a slain zombie that was also lit on fire using the alcohol that was in the broken bottles that surround it.
Last edited by Zer0 Kay on Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
The Artist Formerly
Champion
Comment: Time Magazine's person of the year, 2006.

Re: Randomer Items... Heeeeeey Zombie style, whoop, whoop, w

Unread post by The Artist Formerly »

2. You find 3 (12 gauge buckshot) shotgun shells under a couch in a room that looks like it saw a murder not long ago. No sign of the gun...
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

3. The skin of a zombie that has been flayed and staked up on a wall/tree/fence. Where the rest of the zombie is, you don't know.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

4. A Mule 4 wheel drive cart. It is idling but there is no driver in sight. The rear is full of two green stackable cases about the length of a rifle. There is a noise in the bush next to it. Roll init. ZOMBIE!! The top case is full of M4s with various equipment load outs and the bottom case has an M60, A fully tricked out Barrett XM500 and a KRISS Super V. Enough to make most gun enthusiasts drool... but there isn't a single ammo can to be found. You find the drivers body in the bushes torn to shreds. Wearing military combat uniform. His pistol is still in its holster and is fully loaded it is an M1911, the utility belt the holster is attached to also has four magazines and a collapsible baton.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
The Artist Formerly
Champion

5. Next to the (insert relevant location item here) you find a unopened 20 oz bottle of water.
When I look in the dictionary and see the word Cool...I see Taffy's picture...-Shady Slug
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. -Abraham Lincoln
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

6. You find a complete set of military issue gear for the common grunt:
1 set ABU/DCU/MCCUU/NWU set boots to cover.
1 Assault Rifle either M16A2, M16A4 or M4A1
1 set of load bearing get equipment
1 set of magazines fully loaded, in ammo pouches for selected weapon above.

All of the gear is on a zombie who has somehow managed to keep it clean. The rifle is still in working condition but has.been dragged behind the zombie having been dropped and then it's sling caught and tangled in the load bearing equipment. This zombie is at the rear of 2d6 other zombies and while they shambles and crawl around this one marches perfectly 9 to the front 6 to the rear, steps 30 inches appart... but it is done in a halting time where there is a noticable pause between steps and then it's as if something pops and the movement happens quickly.
Tirisilex
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tirisilex »

7. You find the keys to a 4 Wheeler. After a simple search you find the 4 wheeler intacked.
The Artist Formerly
Champion

8. You find a two gallon gas can, full of fuel.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

9. You find 1d6 weapon magazines (roll another 1d6 below to find out what's in them)
1 They're fully loaded. (hope the GM is nice and makes it just happen to be the ammo and magazine you need)
2 They each only have one or two rounds left in each and are scattered about (tactical reload anyone?)
3 They're full, but the bullets are loaded in backwards
4 They're fully loaded with simunitions (light powder load with wax bullets)
5 They're paintball magazines made to look like the real thing
6 They're fully loaded... with peanut butter
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: When the Dead Walk, blare Misfits and kill 'em all.

Unread post by Unfortunate Son »

10. You find a coloring book and crayons next to a teddy bear with a tear in it. Examining the bear, you find three one ounce vials of nitro glycerin stuffed inside it.
Ya... Tact and social skills are not my Strong suit. Now infuriating folks, I am 15th lvl.
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

11. You find the body of a man wearing a CDC HAZMAT suit.
The man has apparently shot himself in the head. In his right hand is a 9mm, cuffed to his left hand is a plastic container containing 12 hypodermic syringes filled with an unknown oderless purple liquid.
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

12. A Zombie shambling in heavy platemail armor, three swords are stabbed into it, one under its left arm, one down its right collar bone and one through its leg.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Randomer Item Table, Dead Reign Edition

Wanna start a game? We each do two items. The first is to be based of the previous posters last item and the last something new. I'll start for an example
13. A "magic" sword box. Twenty swords, 8 Spears and one long shank chainsaw Pierce the box.

After you pull all the items out, and find out none are really good for weapons, and begin to open the box a loud zombie groan is heard. Dinner time. Zombies shuffle toward your location. Inside the box is a zombie that just came out of hibernation while you were pulling out the swords and tadah it is completely unscathed.

14. A zombie upper torso. It is still somehow a life even though it only has the upper third of the torso. You can tell it is alive because this one talks... and won't shut up. It doesn't do the zombie groan and is completely immobile so isn't much of a threat... just annoying.
Panomas II
Explorer

Unread post by Panomas II »

15. A lighter with buxom model, who's clothes disappear when you turn the lighter upside down.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

16) a Heroes unlimited Magic Power Category Weapon of Light.
Granting.
APS Ice.
Flight Wingless.
Energy Expulsion Light.
Hand to Hand Expert.

Amidst a pile of hundreds of zombies the Blade sits stabbed in the ground glowing, who ever Draws the Silver Blade well become The Ice Knight.
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador

17. You find a small black box clearly used to hold some cards. It weighs about two pounds and upon opening holds two M-67 Frag grenades.
Ya... Tact and social skills are not my Strong suit. Now infuriating folks, I am 15th lvl.
Panomas II
Explorer

18. A pristine copy of a fashion magazine sealed in plastic. On page 50, is a map drawn in felt pen. A red dot denotes the location where you found the map, while a number of locations (1d4) are marked "X", others (1d4) are circled. The marks are all of large buildings, but what could they mean? A weapons/supply cache? A horde of Zombie's therein (so avoid)? A hideout?
Panomas II
Explorer

19. The exact brand of watch you gave your father for father's day... Attached to a hand. (hope it's not you're Dad's)
Panomas II
Explorer

20. A navy seal flashlight. Can be seen/signal up to two miles away, or used as a blunt weapon (1d6+2 dmg)
Panomas II
Explorer

21. An actual lions paw. Still in it's clutches is a human toe.
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador

22. You find a child's backpack. Inside are the following: Star Wars figures, a composition book with a boys journal, the last pages detailing him and his parents escaping a city, six comic books, bag of trail mix and .22 Handgun with 2 spare mags.
Panomas II
Explorer

23. a fanny pack. Inside is a 12oz bottle of starter fluid, small box of matches and two travel bars of hand soap.
Panomas II
Explorer

24. A 12lb box of various batteries. Unfortunately, all of them are expired.
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Panomas II wrote:19. The exact brand of watch you gave your father for father's day... Attached to a hand. (hope it's not you're Dad's)

For some reason that reminds me of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann where in one episode they found a skeleton and later Kamina realizes due to a charm that gets uncovered that it's his father's skeleton.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Panomas II
Explorer

Nightmask wrote:
Panomas II wrote:19. The exact brand of watch you gave your father for father's day... Attached to a hand. (hope it's not you're Dad's)

For some reason that reminds me of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann where in one episode they found a skeleton and later Kamina realizes due to a charm that gets uncovered that it's his father's skeleton.

25. A human skeleton holding a DVD of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann :mrgreen:
Panomas II
Explorer

26. A bible... Leather bound, but not the usual kind. Closer inspection reveals the title scribed on the inside: The Death Cult's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse. Reading it give the reader certain bonuses when dealing with Death Cult members...

(I'm I the only one kicking this thing back to life?)
Panomas II
Explorer

27. A box (6 total) of flare/tracer style, shotgun shells.

(if I must, do this list by me-self, then I must) :P
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

28. Pogs. 2D6x100. Mint condition in protective cases.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Panomas II
Explorer

29. A box crate of 8 Marshawn Lynch Raiders Jerseys... With matching helmets and pads!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

30. A Seahawks Superbowl champions beast mode costume sized for an 8 year old.
Panomas II
Explorer

31. A specially designed Teflon vest... that is mimicked as a Cam Chancellor Jersey (thirty-one, get it.. he-he 31.; love the Seahawks love here)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

32. 9mm casing for 100 rounds, a burnt camp stove and the burnt remains of a cooking pan with flaked Teflon coating. The empty casing are scattered around the stove but most are still sitting in the pan... ya don't suppose someone was trying to make the bullets armor piercing? Nah, no one is that dumb.
Panomas II
Explorer

33. A box of cream filled Twinkies... Soo-good!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

34. A case of shot filled twinkies... well it isnt much of a case now and most of the twinkies are spread across the wall. ALWAYS check your target.
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

# 35.

A electric skateboard, which has a mp3 player and bluetooth speakers gaffa taped to the deck. The mp3 player & bluetooth speaker have been jury rigged to plug into the skateboards power supply. Unfortuantly, it's out of power. When checked, all three have left been switched on, the control of the electric skateboard being held on with tape. Oh, it's covered in someones blood.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Panomas II
Explorer

36. In a box is a disassembled (high end) aluminum bicycle. All parts are present, though tires are deflated. This bike is lighter then most bikes and has an electric gear assist, which is currently at half strength. A fully charged bike, adds +6 to speed for two hours while peddled. Or can be operated without peddling for 1/2 hour with a max speed of 8mph.
Panomas II
Explorer

37. A metal lozenge tin with 8 iodine pills. Each pill transforms a single gallon of water more drinkable/digestible.
Panomas II
Explorer

38. A milk jug full of various (small arm) caliber shells.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

39. An M16 overloaded with accessories. Everyone experienced with firearms passes it by. If asked why they'll comment that "what you see is an uber tricked out weapon and though you'd be right to assume that it is unwieldy, you would be incorrect that, that is why I'm not picking it up as
all of that could be easily removed. I'm not about to pick it up because it is a .68 caliber. There is no .68 caliber round. That my friend is a paintball marker.
Panomas II
Explorer

40. A rack of six, 8 oz. mini cokes... Each are filled with lighter fluid and a cotton cloth wick, and will be serviceable as a mini-molotov cocktail...
Panomas II
Explorer

41. A perfect bound locksmiths guide. Having it in hand gives the character a (+5 bonus) when attempting to pick locks.
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador

42: You find a dead body in a white and black robe with bones sewn into it, wearing sunglasses that have a white X on each lens and a M-60 machine by it with no ammo, but dies have a whole belt of links near it. The body it's self has a tattoo on the neck that says DOA.
bradshaw
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Gin and Tonic

Unread post by bradshaw »

43. You find a full hand sanitizer bottle.
(GM notes: the bottle actually is full of an oil-based extra slippery personal lubricant.)
Dames, Droids, Drinking and Damnnation
Unfortunate Son
Megaversal® Ambassador

44. While searching a mechanics shop you find a five gallon gas can full of a clear liquid. Upon further examination it smells like liquor and tastes like moonshine.
Panomas II
Explorer

45. Hand crank shell re-loader. Can reload powder for a variety of small and medium caliber shells. Scattered about are 3d8 birdshot (shotgun) shells.
Kargan3033
Hero

Unread post by Kargan3033 »

46:1, one hundread pound crate of random, homemade fireworks.
" Ale and Whores, it's not just your reward, it's your Motivation. "
Kargan3033
Hero

47:10 large one pound bags of beef jerky.
Kargan3033
Hero

48:1 fireman's axe covered in gore that is surrounded by the bodies of ten zombies that have been hacked to pieces.(1D8 damage per hit)
Kargan3033
Hero

49:1 army medic's kit bag that has an armed grenade under it.
Kargan3033
Hero

50: 1 one pound bag filled with dried plant material, 1 copper zippo lighter that is filled with lighter fluid and 1 full package of Pirate band rolling papers.

Return to “Dead Reign™”