MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY!

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY!

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Just read that the Kickstarter get going on Monday - can't wait! I am drooling over the little teasers that have been dropped - I can only imagine how blown my mind will be once I have this game in my hands!!! :D
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
RockJock
Knight

Re: MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY!

Unread post by RockJock »

I'm not in the kickstarter, but I'm glad to see things rolling!
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Myrddin201
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Myrddin201 »

Has anyone posted on BoardGameGeek?
i did a rudimentary search but there was no Game Entry that i could find.

I saw a lot of traffic for Savage Rifts Kickstarter from BBG.
Steve Dubya
Hero
Comment: Disingenuous mountebanks and their subliminal chicanery! A pox on them! - Homer Simpson

Unread post by Steve Dubya »

Myrddin201 wrote:Has anyone posted on BoardGameGeek?
i did a rudimentary search but there was no Game Entry that i could find.

I saw a lot of traffic for Savage Rifts Kickstarter from BBG.

I haven't seen anything over there, and there isn't a game page as of yet.
As I'm one of the Admins on BGG/RPGG, I checked the pending games queue and there's nothing there either; assuming something was submitted right now, there are still over 100 submissions in the queue that haven't been checked for approval, and that's not counting the ones that are still in the queue requesting more info from the submitter - basically you're looking at probably a week before the game page would be approved assuming everything was okay from the time it was submitted.

It does seem odd that the#1 BG site wouldn't be utilized as a way of getting the word out about this prior to the launch of the KS, because it's as close to "free"* marketing that you're going to get, and that's not counting the advertising that could be purchased that would put the project on the front page.

*Clearly there's still time and manpower requirements that would be needed to have that information available, and/or have someone there to keep up on questions and the like, but it's not like it would cost dollars or anything.
"Things aren't what they used to be" is the rallying cry of small minds. When men say things used to be better, they invariably mean they were better for them, because they were young, and had all their hopes intact. The world is bound to look a darker place as you slide into the grave.
Best Served Cold, Joe Abercrombie
Myrddin201
Megaversal® Ambassador

Steve President George W. Bush wrote:I haven't seen anything over there, and there isn't a game page as of yet.
As I'm one of the Admins on BGG/RPGG, I checked the pending games queue and there's nothing there either; assuming something was submitted right now, there are still over 100 submissions in the queue that haven't been checked for approval, and that's not counting the ones that are still in the queue requesting more info from the submitter - basically you're looking at probably a week before the game page would be approved assuming everything was okay from the time it was submitted.

It does seem odd that the#1 BG site wouldn't be utilized as a way of getting the word out about this prior to the launch of the KS, because it's as close to "free"* marketing that you're going to get, and that's not counting the advertising that could be purchased that would put the project on the front page.

I'm a big fan of your work sir! thanks for all your efforts over at BBG!
Yea, i figured. i was going to try to get a submission in, but got lost in the FAQ :? :lol:
If i get some time tonight, i may try to make a submission. Any publicity for what looks like an awesome game!
Myrddin201
Megaversal® Ambassador

Myrddin201 wrote:If i get some time tonight, i may try to make a submission. Any publicity for what looks like an awesome game!

Somebody beet me to it! :)

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”