Looking Forward to the Rifts Board Game

For talk about all things Palladium past, present, & future.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grennum
D-Bee

Looking Forward to the Rifts Board Game

Unread post by Grennum »

I started playing Rifts (and other Palladium RPGs) in the early 90s when I wasn't even a teenager yet. Every weekend I was immersed in the Megaverse. However as I got older my sessions got fewer and fewer until by the time I had my children playing an RPG was simply not part of my life. Then a few year's ago I discovered designer board games, I look forward to my game night every week.

When I started to see the promotion for this game in the Palladium updates, I was very excited. Combining my new found love of board gaming with my long time love of Palladium is great. I am looking forward to this very much indeed. Getting to play Rifts in nice 90 minute sessions is something I can't wait to try.

Carmen, how does one get involved in the open play tests? I live in Southern Ontario, and would be super thrilled to try this out.

Further there is this in Ontario : http://bgnlab.ca . Professor Scott is amazing, I don't know how he deals with non-student designers but his knowledge of both board game design and the industry may be very beneficial. Also his open gaming days are great chance to meet very dedicated gamers who are close.

I know that there is some negativity here which I can't comment on because I have never been involved in a Palladium related KS, I hope that you push through and produce something great.

I really can't wait to see what you have done.
Semi-Retired Gamer
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Looking Forward to the Rifts Board Game

Unread post by Semi-Retired Gamer »

I just wanted to second the thoughts above. I've never backed a PB product before so I have no comment on that. I do, however, hope the kick start campaign and the board game are a tremendous success!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I blog (mainly) about role-playing interests at The Semi-Retired Gamer.
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

I too can't wait to play this game!

I was part of the KS for the Savage Rifts conversion, and that went/is going very well. Hope that Carmen's has a similar success! He is an awesome guy (met him a couple times at Open Houses).

And of course I hope this is one of many board game conversions for PB properties. ;) ;) :lol:
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Carmen
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi just a quick reply here as I am swamped with work this week.
Grennum I will open up a playtest during the KS but not until then as I am too busy working on it to run a good playtest oversight.
Also I live in Windsor, Ontario which is the most southern part of Ontario and it would take me hours to get there.
But I thank you and the others for your excitement and I look forward to a great KS.
Carmen
Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi all
Just posted some new vids I think you might like to see over on the Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/RogueHeroesPublishing/
Come over and take a look.
Carmen
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

That Glitter Boy is sweet! :D

Not so sure about the Grackle Tooth though... The cowboy hat sits so low that it is covering up the facial expression of the character. :nh:
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Carmen

Unread post by Carmen »

Hi
The hat is low to ensure proper molding, we had the hat higher but it caused a gap that would have led to production issues.
Carmen
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Carmen wrote:Hi
The hat is low to ensure proper molding, we had the hat higher but it caused a gap that would have led to production issues.
Carmen

Thanks for the reply! :D

I know that the hat is part of one of the iconic pictures of the Grackle Tooth, but there are also great pictures without it. If you don't mind my asking (just curious, I am NOT questioning your judgment) why did you choose to go with the hat?

Thanks again - can't wait for this game!

Werebear
D-Bee

Unread post by Werebear »

Involved Observer wrote:
Carmen

I know that the hat is part of one of the iconic pictures of the Grackle Tooth, but there are also great pictures without it. If you don't mind my asking (just curious, I am NOT questioning your judgment) why did you choose to go with the hat?

hello I wish they do the rift game like tactics
the power of the bear and mother moon
Morgan Vening
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Morgan Vening »

Werebear wrote:hello I wish they do the rift game like tactics

You mean 3+ years late, with no end in sight? And with at best, controversial miniatures? :)

I know it's not what you meant, but it was such an easy response that I couldn't pass it up.

I think the intent was to use RRT to open the door for a Rifts tactical game, but until the former is wrapped up, I don't see real work on the latter happening until after RRT Wave 2 finishes.

Depending on the scale they want to run it in, it's possible that there could be some cross-pollination between the board game and a future tactical miniatures game. But again, that's a long way off.
ScottBernard
Explorer

Unread post by ScottBernard »

Werebear wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:
Carmen

hello I wish they do the rift game like tactics

Er, what now?

Return to “All Things Palladium Books®”