Spell -strike question

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Spell -strike question

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Well I was thinking how do you guys play spells that give a minus to strike. Due you do it to both hth and range strike?
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Re: Spell -strike question

Unread post by eliakon »

I have played it that unless the spell says it automatically hits, then the mage has to roll a 'to strike' using their HtH skill, targeting, and if they possessing the (house ruled) W.P. Spell skill. P.P. Bonus applies.
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

Sorry guess their some confusion in my post. What I'm trying to go for is if a spell effect says -minus to strike. Like a befuddled(think gives minus to strike) or SDep person does the minus to strike apply to both HTH strike and gunstrike?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

If there is a penalty set upon the target of the spell then the target of the spell has a penalty to all strike rolls.

If the spell sets up a field around the target that sets up a penalty for others attacking the target of the spell then all that attack the target of the spell will incur a penalty to all attacks originating from outside the field.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Mouser13 wrote:Sorry guess their some confusion in my post. What I'm trying to go for is if a spell effect says -minus to strike. Like a befuddled(think gives minus to strike) or SDep person does the minus to strike apply to both HTH strike and gunstrike?

Yes, the penalty applies to both.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”