Aura question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Riftmaker
Adventurer

Aura question

Unread post by Riftmaker »

I seem to remember that vampires and necromancers had a different aura (black maybe) anyone with see aura could pick out. I cant remember where I got that from can anyone help me locate it?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Aura question

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The closest thing I remember about actual descriptions of the auras of beings having radically different auras then humans is in one of the NightBane books (probably TtGD) where it is in one of the "eyewitness" accounts sections of the text.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Sun May 03, 2015 2:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

PG 176 RUE under the power see aura
*The presence of an unusual human aberration and or indications a serious illness, insanity, or that the individual is non human, could be mutant or supernatural, but does not specify which.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

True Atlanteans can sense vamps.
The minor super power Nightstalking gives INSTANT recognition of vamps.
As far a necros. I do not know.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Riftmaker wrote:I seem to remember that vampires and necromancers had a different aura (black maybe) anyone with see aura could pick out. I cant remember where I got that from can anyone help me locate it?

Both vampire kingdoms origional and revised say that a vampires aura has dark and sickly streaks and is instantly recognisable IF you have seen it before. if you are not familiar with vampires, you will see a dark and sickly aura but won't know it means "vampire" just "something very very wrong"

Necromancers do not have a special aura other than being a spellcaster, but they do have an innate horror factor that radiates out and tells everyone that something is very very wrong with them. If they are using their union with the dead power to merge with the body parts of a supernatural being, it will probablly make them register as enchanted.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Riftmaker wrote:I seem to remember that vampires and necromancers had a different aura (black maybe) anyone with see aura could pick out. I cant remember where I got that from can anyone help me locate it?

Both vampire kingdoms origional and revised say that a vampires aura has dark and sickly streaks and is instantly recognisable IF you have seen it before. if you are not familiar with vampires, you will see a dark and sickly aura but won't know it means "vampire" just "something very very wrong"

AWESOME! Can I beg the location of where in the books this information is please?
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

eliakon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

AWESOME! Can I beg the location of where in the books this information is please?

VK: Revised page 16
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
eliakon
Palladin
Comment: Palladium Books Canon is set solely by Kevin Siembieda, either in person, or by his approval of published material.

Unread post by eliakon »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
eliakon wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

VK: Revised page 16

Thank you very much. :bandit:
The rules are not a bludgeon with which to hammer a character into a game. They are a guide to how a group of friends can get together to weave a collective story that entertains everyone involved. We forget that at our peril.

Edmund Burke wrote:The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

About the Necromancer horror factor, Juicer Uprising page 97 mentions under an NPC that he can use a spell to hide his horror factor. Under the Disposition section it mentions the NPC makes extensive use of Charismatic Aura to "mute the quiet sense of menace that surrounds him". Does this mean if a necromancer has Charismatic Aura active they do not broadcast a horror factor or strange aura for that time? Would this apply to other beings with horror factors based on aura instead of visage?
mercedogre
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I ******* hate the atmosphere of the conversations here on these forums

Unread post by mercedogre »

I think the mirror from Japan book states colors of auras, not sure if the same colors would/should be used with natural or psycjis see aura powers
You'll take my life but I'll take yours too
You'll fire your musket but I'll run you through
So when you're waiting for the next attack
You'd better stand there's no turning back
Mouser13
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Mouser13 »

I think your thinking of the Aura of Death spell. Says person will have a black aura and seen as a undead as such. Which is a nice combo spell with invisibility simple
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Axelmania wrote:About the Necromancer horror factor, Juicer Uprising page 97 mentions under an NPC that he can use a spell to hide his horror factor. Under the Disposition section it mentions the NPC makes extensive use of Charismatic Aura to "mute the quiet sense of menace that surrounds him". Does this mean if a necromancer has Charismatic Aura active they do not broadcast a horror factor or strange aura for that time? Would this apply to other beings with horror factors based on aura instead of visage?

If I were GM'ing I'd allow it.

Return to “Rifts®”