MDC fantasy armors

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

RavenStarver
Explorer

MDC fantasy armors

Unread post by RavenStarver »

This likely exists somewhere but my search-fu has failed me. What statistics would the armors in the Fantasy book have if they were made of MDC materials? Would it be a straight conversion of 1 to 1?
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: MDC fantasy armors

Unread post by Bill »

The knight class in WB3 features a simplistic description of ancient-style MD body armor. DB1 also features ancient-style MD body armor in a variety of styles, but it's peppered throughout the class descriptions. The alchemist enchanted armors from Palladium Fantasy should manifest the equivalent MDC on Rifts Earth. You may be interested in this thread on magic users and armor too.
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. I'd also recommend Siege on Tolkeen Book 4: Cyber-Knights. Near the end of the book they give a few armor stats. While these are modern armor values, it also states ...

Page 108 wrote:In the Cyber-Knights' case, that image is the look of the traditional "knights of old." Plate and/or scale or chain mail clad warriors who look like heroes stepped out from the pages of a fairy tale or history book. Of course there are differences unique to the world of Rifts. For one, all such suits are made of modern, Mega-Damage materials ...

Kind of sounds like what you're looking for, but I could be wrong. Hope that helps. Farewell and safe journeys for now.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

RavenStarver wrote:This likely exists somewhere but my search-fu has failed me. What statistics would the armors in the Fantasy book have if they were made of MDC materials? Would it be a straight conversion of 1 to 1?

World Book 06 gives some MDC values for enchanted fantasy armors.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

RavenStarver wrote:This likely exists somewhere but my search-fu has failed me. What statistics would the armors in the Fantasy book have if they were made of MDC materials? Would it be a straight conversion of 1 to 1?

Source Book 3 in the Tarno Kingdom might also help as the Tarno Crystal is used to turn SDC materials into MDC materials.
Axelmania
Knight

Unread post by Axelmania »

A conjuror can make MDC versions of classic armors, I think 1/2 as much MDC as they normally have SDC.

Also Kuznya stuff in Mystic Russia.

Also examples of some resin-made ancient armors in Wormwood.
Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

some in the black vault book
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I believe the second Atlantis book has some Supernatural leather types in the market vendor section, Aren't there Dino leather armors in one of the Dino Books?
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Rifts®”