Board index » SDC Worlds » Palladium Fantasy RPG®

Post subject: Re: Monstrous Creations
Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:57 pm

Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775
This is also something I going to share :wink: . When I first started contributing on this post, someone of you may remember
an undead creature called the Drowned Ghoul. Well that creature ended up in Rifter #58 which is the reason why you
don't see him on the board any more. Now he has crawled like the undead into true cannon as he will now appear in Bizantium
under the name Sea Ghoul. Once again I love how something started out as a creature I used in my games, decided to take
him to the next level by posting him on the board, he evolved again into semi-cannon status in the Rifter, and now the
monster joins the legion of Palladium undead monsters to menace player characters throughout the Palladium Megaverse 8)
8-) .

Unread postPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:23 am

Champion

Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!
Reagren Wright wrote:
This is also something I going to share :wink: . When I first started contributing on this post, someone of you may remember
an undead creature called the Drowned Ghoul. Well that creature ended up in Rifter #58 which is the reason why you
don't see him on the board any more. Now he has crawled like the undead into true cannon as he will now appear in Bizantium
under the name Sea Ghoul. Once again I love how something started out as a creature I used in my games, decided to take
him to the next level by posting him on the board, he evolved again into semi-cannon status in the Rifter, and now the
monster joins the legion of Palladium undead monsters to menace player characters throughout the Palladium Megaverse 8)
8-) .

Nice! Can't wait to have the book in my hands!

Image Image

Post subject: Re:
Unread postPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:12 am

Champion

Northern Ranger wrote:
I have something I could post, but I would need to make sure it wasn't a copywright issue first. I created a race of demons called Jesting Demons, which are known in the world at large as Gremlins. (Hence why I'm not sure if it could be posted.) I'll try and find out.

Um...as long as it is not a car...
Gremlins have existed in European Folklore for centuries.

As long as your work is based on folklore, you *should* be fine.

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.

Post subject: Re: Re:
Unread postPosted: Tue May 12, 2015 3:01 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Borast wrote:
Northern Ranger wrote:
I have something I could post, but I would need to make sure it wasn't a copywright issue first. I created a race of demons called Jesting Demons, which are known in the world at large as Gremlins. (Hence why I'm not sure if it could be posted.) I'll try and find out.

Um...as long as it is not a car...
Gremlins have existed in European Folklore for centuries.

As long as your work is based on folklore, you *should* be fine.
The term is fairly common, so unless you are using a gremlin that you cannot feed after midnight, expose to sunlight or get wet, you shouldn't have any board violations. Anything based on the movie Gremlins would be a violation, however.

Unread postPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:59 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Lakewood, WA.
Somehow the idea of Glider Sheep came about due to joking around with my friends, so I'll be writing something up soon and posting it here.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:26 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

Okay, I came up with two variants on the flying sheep theme. Here is the first.

Sailing Sheep

Sailing Sheep are sheep possessing wings that allow them to fly after a running start. The wings are similar to glider flaps on squirrels, extending from their front legs along their sides.

Size: Body: 4-6 feet, tail: 6 inches, wingspan: 5 feet
Weight: 150-300lbs
A.R.: 5
Hit Points: 6d6
S.D.C.: 2d6+10
Attacks per melee: 2
Damage: Head butt does 1d6 points (female) or 2d4+2 damage (male)
Bonuses: +2 initiative, +3 to strike and +2 to dodge
Natural Abilities: Fly (glide), climb (rocky ledges) 85% - very sure-footed, leap six feet high and 30 feet lengthwise.
Speed: 22 on the ground, 44 flying (glides down from high elevation)
Average Life Span: 5-12 years
Value: Hide/wool: 60 gold, meat (whole animal): 50-70 gold, horns (pair): 40-60 gold
Habitat: Uplands and mountainous areas
Range: Mountains of the Ophid's Grasslands
Behavior: These animals live on high mountain peaks and use their flight abilities to travel between them. They are rarely found in large groups, preferring to be solitary unless mating and rearing young.

Unread postPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 12:44 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

And here's the second variation on flying sheep.

Cloud Sheep

Cloud Sheep are sheep which can inflate themselves and float around. They are sometimes mistaken at a distance for clouds.

Size: Body: 3-5 feet, tail: 6 inches
Weight: 100-200 pounds
A.R.: 5
Hit Points: 6d6
S.D.C.: 2d6+10
Attacks per melee: 2
Damage: Head butt does 2d4+2 points of damage
Bonuses: +1 to strike and dodge
Natural Abilities: Fly (float), climb (rocky ledges) 85% - very sure-footed and can even leap around without stumbling or falling, leap six feet high or lengthwise
Speed: 22 on ground or 2 flying (floating)
Average Life Span: 5-12 years
Value: Hide/wool: 40 gold, meat (whole animal): 50-70 gold, horns (pair): 10 gold
Habitat: Mountains
Range: Mountains of the Northern Wilderness
Behavior: They live on a diet of lichen, grass and leaves. Males and females both look similar with white fluffy wool and small black horns. They gather in herds of 4d6. Females give birth to two kids after a gestation of about 7 months.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 am

Knight

Great,It Halloween soon,I hope people show ther ideas for Monsters.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:47 pm

Champion

Like a wooden puppet for a golem, necromancer who kills clowns and brings them back as zombies to serve his dark needs, etc.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:27 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote:
Like a wooden puppet for a golem, necromancer who kills clowns and brings them back as zombies to serve his dark needs, etc.
The golem would be covered under magic, and this is not really a topic for posting characters, more for monsters. I will see if I can come up with something to post, though.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:40 pm

Knight

If they wokr in a Fantasyland like Palladium yes.
Maybe One who feeds On fears,like in the Dresden Files.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:18 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

gaby wrote:
If they wokr in a Fantasyland like Palladium yes.
Maybe One who feeds On fears,like in the Dresden Files.
This thread is for creations of monsters and animals, not characters. And please avoid naming books as the source of ideas, as that can be misinterpreted as asking for a conversion.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:35 am

Champion

Really, um...when did wooden puppet golems get added to the books?

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:52 am

Knight

Sorry I did not known about the Book thing.
But this is for a Monster not a character.

Unread postPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote:

Creating a golem would be a spell, would it not? I really want monsters and animals posted here more than creatures created by spells, which would be best posted elsewhere.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Palladin

Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.
StoneGargoyle, i am an avid user of the Monstrous Creations but, can you mark the ones thay would become mdc creatures on Rifts Earth.

I would use my judgement but, i am extremely Munchkin and all of them would be MDC.

Unread postPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:18 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

say652 wrote:
StoneGargoyle, i am an avid user of the Monstrous Creations but, can you mark the ones thay would become mdc creatures on Rifts Earth.

I would use my judgement but, i am extremely Munchkin and all of them would be MDC.
I don't really want to go through all my stuff and write conversion notes. I pretty much only play in SDC games, so I have no idea what would play well in an MDC environment. Use your best judgement. Obviously faeries and sprites would not be MDC, nor would any of the small animals.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:

Creating a golem would be a spell, would it not? I really want monsters and animals posted here more than creatures created by spells, which would be best posted elsewhere.

Okay, Mate.

Unread postPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:07 pm

Champion

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
say652 wrote:

I don't really want to go through all my stuff and write conversion notes. I pretty much only play in SDC games, so I have no idea what would play well in an MDC environment. Use your best judgement. Obviously faeries and sprites would not be MDC, nor would any of the small animals.

Actually, they made the Fae MDC. DON'T ASK.

Unread postPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:25 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

pblackcrow wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:

Okay, Mate.
Looking back through some of the early posts in this thread, there was someone who posted a spell and the creature it created, so I could actually allow someone to create such a spell and golem to be posted here. I would have to get my books to do so, which I currently do not have with me, as they are in storage. I might see what I can come up with, though.

Unread postPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:07 pm

Dungeon Crawler

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:

Okay, Mate.
Looking back through some of the early posts in this thread, there was someone who posted a spell and the creature it created, so I could actually allow someone to create such a spell and golem to be posted here. I would have to get my books to do so, which I currently do not have with me, as they are in storage. I might see what I can come up with, though.

:roll: I doubt that he will do it now, but who knows.

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 7:21 pm

Champion

I would like some help with play testing and stating a potential beast/pet/familiar/war tool.

http://i.imgur.com/74VrrSD.png

The gryphounds (or wingless gryphons) are still a combination of a large cat with eagle (Golden, bald, harpy, etc), but without wing and slightly smaller with a more dog like frame. They were bred magically at first, and are extremely loyal to those of whom they considers their friends or loved ones. Their speed, strengths, and colors will vary with which big cat and eagle the originals were. Though orange and tan cats were always combined with golden eagles, white cats with either bald or harpys, ie white lions with bald, the snow leopards always with harpy eagles, white tigers with either one, panthers with black eagles, etc. They prefer fish, but they will eat most meats as long as it is fresh and uncooked.

They have a rather unique weapon that they have full control of...Their voice, can it bombard the ears with sound and causes vertigo. 15 to save per action (8 if wearing a helmet), NO BONUSES APPLY. Area of effect is a 40 feet triangular (isosceles)/funnel shape area from the mouth of the gryphound. The sound last for 1D4 actions, but it's effects lasts for 2D4 melees. Over exposure to this sound can pop ear drums or slowly lead to deafness. They will always do some kind of signal that it is about to loose the shrek, as to what that is varies form individual to individual but will be known to those who pay attention to it. And no, not every vocal sound they make is this sound.

Unread postPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Adventurer

My first post in this thread. I made up this critter about 15 years ago. Finished the write up tonight while listen to Christmas music. :)

Ravenwood Dragon
Native to the Ravenwood, an expanse of forest in the Northern Hinterlands that contains
unusually large trees with incredibly dense canopies these large reptilian creatures (they are not true dragons) can be found
travelling swiftly through the forest both on the ground and through the canopies, where their
agility allows them to leap from trunk to trunk without slowing down. Watching them move,
especially a group of them, is mesmerizing.
They are carnivorous creatures, that use their speed and agility to tackle a wide range of prey,
especially the many grazing animals found in the area.
While they definitely have the ability to take down humanoid creatures, the dragons are much too
smart to go down that path, and avoid any intelligent race that comes into their forest, except in
self defence. As this area is unexplored and virtually unknown to the outside world, they have yet
to be truly exploited.
A few people, mostly rangers living in the area, have rescued hatchlings or eggs and found that
the young imprint on their rescuers and make extraordinary mounts.
Strikingly beautiful, they appear as a slender, muscular, wingless dragon with a large fin on their
tail. They are metallic in colour, always with two toned scales (half one colour, half another,
usually contrasting).

Alignment: Wild ones are considered unprincipled or anarchist. Ones imprinted on a person are
scrupulous or unprincipled.
Attributes: I.Q. 1D6+3, M.E. 3D6+6, M.A. 3D6, P.S. 4D6+10, P.P. 5D6, P.E. 4D6, P.B. 3D6+6,
Spd 6D6+20
Size: 7 to 11 feet tall, 16 to 24 feet long.
Weight: 1400 to 2400 lbs.
Natural A.R.: 12
Hit Points: 4D6 x 10 + P.E. attribute number
S.D.C.: 4D4 x 10
Horror/Awe Factor: 12
P.P.E.: 4D6
Natural Abilities: Fire and cold resistant (half damage from even magic attacks), nightvision 600
feet, leap 60 feet high and 120 feet long, track by smell 75%, prowl 55%, swim 80%, climb 90%.
Bonuses: + 2 on initiative, +5 to strike, +4 to parry, +5 to dodge (automatic dodge), +3 to roll
with impact, +4 to save vs horror factor, +2 to save vs magic, +2 to save vs poison, +2 to save vs
psionics.
Attacks per melee: 4 as wild animals, 6 as trained mounts.
Damage: Bite inflicts 3D6+3 damage, claws 4D6, tail strike 3D6 and knocks their opponent back 2D6 feet. Add P.S. bonus to claw and tail strikes. Their favourite combat tactic is to run past an opponent, biting or clawing them on the way by, then following up with a tail strike to send them sprawling.
Language: Speak to each other through a series of clicks, whirls and trills, very similar to many sounds heard from birds. When happy they make a constant low humming sound, similar to a cat purring. Most people find it incredibly relaxing, especially if they are leaning against the beast, feeling the gentle vibrations emanating from its chest.
Magic: None
Psionics: None
Habitat: Native to the Ravenwood Forest in the Northern Hinterlands. The main barrier to them expanding is the lack of trees large enough to allow them to move in their preferred way. If they could get to the Yin Sloth Jungles they would thrive there, as well as many of the mountainous areas of the world. It’s possible some exist in the Northern Mountains.
Average Life Span: Unknown. At least known to be 100 years, they may live for centuries.
Enemies: Winter Storm Ice Demons are their only true enemy. If the outside world learns of them, Western slavers and hunters will become their biggest threat. A few high ranking Wolfen officials have learned of their existence and are considering an attempt to obtain some eggs to try them as mounts for the Wolfen. They are perfectly sized to carry the large humanoids.
Allies: Other Ravenwood Dragons and anyone bonded to one of them.

Last edited by Whiskeyjack on Sat Dec 17, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unread postPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:23 am

Adventurer

Might as well go with number two tonight.

Gnomish Beetle
An invaluable aid to the Gnomes of the world, these large ground beetles are used as pack animals, mounts, and as living excavators. They are incredibly loyal to the person who raised them and are capable of following simple instructions (dig here, guard here, stay etc). They appear as a giant ground beetle, with slightly larger claws on their first set of legs.
Alignment: Considered scrupulous or unprincipled
Attributes: I.Q. low animal, M.E. n/a, M.A. n/a, P.S. 10+2D6, P.P. 3D6, P.E. 10+2D6, Spd 3D6+6
Size: 4.5 feet long, 1.5 feet high
Weight: 200 lbs
Natural A.R.: 14
Hit Points: P.E. attribute number + 2D6
S.D.C: 4D6+80
Horror Factor: 10 to those not accustomed to them
P.P.E.: 2D6
Natural Abilities: Can tunnel at half their Spd attribute through soil, can do a speed burst running
at 30 mph for 15 minutes before needing 12 hours to rest.
Bonuses: +1 to strike, +2 to dodge, +10 save vs horror factor. Impervious to any psionics or spells that affect the mind or cause illusions.
Attacks per melee: 3
Damage: Bite inflicts 2D6 damage, power bite inflicts 4D6+6 and counts as two attacks, claws do 1D6 damage, ram from a running start does 4D6 damage and uses up all attacks for the round. Add P.S. bonus to all attacks.
Psionics: None
Habitat: Found in forested areas worldwide, only Gnomes have taken to keeping them as a form of pet/work animal. Most people are unaware that they exist, since they spend most of their lives underground, and never bother anything unless attacked. Gnomish Beetles in the tropics tend to have vibrant colours and spend most of their time under the leaf litter instead of actually burrowing through the earth.
Average Life Span: 20 years
Enemies: Very few creatures bother with them. It’s too much trouble to dig them out and try and crack their hard carapace.
Allies: Gnomes and troglodytes.

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:53 am

D-Bee

Reagren Wright wrote:
THUNDER HOOVES

According to some, they were created by Nut (the mother of Osiris, Set, Isis, and Nephthys)
as a gift to her husband/brother Geb (father of the gods). When one of the Old Ones kidnapped
Nut to prevent Geb from participating in the Chaos War, the ancient god released the herd
and allowed them to roam freely. After the war, Nut never returned, and Geb lost interest
For thousands of years, large herds of these gigantic wild horses roamed freely within
the New Kingdom and what would later be called the Eastern Territory. They held such majestic
sway over the elf empire that all considered it unthinkable to attempt to rides such animals.
Only a select few elves possessed the skill to tame one, much less ride it. However,
when the Elf/Dwarf War started, every elf knight, paladin, and noble wanted one. The sight of
these huge horses urged the dwarf empire to exterminate their numbers by the hundreds. By
the end of the war, only a single herd of 20-30 animals survived in the High Grass region of the
Forest of Enchantment protect by the entirety of the faerie folks living in the region. For the
next 1000 years, the herd slowly migrated out of the region and back into the Old Kingdom
Lowlands away from the mountains. Unfortunately, they became a food source for tribes of
orcs and goblins, as well as ogres and trolls. The horses remained in small herds but because of
their isolation, the fledgling human kingdoms knew nothing of their existence. They were though
of only as a creature of legend, wipeout during the Great War.

During the last century, explorers from the Western Empire and Land of the South Winds soon
brought word of gigantic horses roaming the desolated wastelands. Some ever told stories of
ogres and giants riding such animals. Using literacy pictorial and archeological sources, scholars
were able to confirm these animals were indeed the legendary Thunder Hooves of long ago.
Nobility from all over the world have sent trappers and hunters into the region in order to
acquire just one animal. To the horror of many, the Nimiro Kingdom instead of using these
animals as mounts has deemed the animals a food source. A single horse can feed two or three
giants. Fortunately, no one in the Giant Kingdom has been able to successfully domestic these
animals to put them into pens to be raised for slaughter. The animals are to wild and unruly for
such actions, no to mention, one of these horses is strong enough to kill a giant. Meanwhile,
the Wolfen Empire has sent experts in horsemanship into the region to investigate the
possibility of using the animals as mounts, already reports in the Disputed Lands have sightings
of a wolfen knight, paladin, or noble riding these giant steeds.

Thunder Hooves live in small herds (9-24) like those of wild horses. They are usually made up of
small bands led by a dominant mare, containing additional mares, their foals, and immature
horses of both sexes. There is usually one herd stallion, though occasionally a few less-
dominant males may remain with the group. The makeup of the herd shifts over time as young
animals are driven out of the herd they were born into and join other herds, or as young
stallions challenge older males for dominance.

Armor Rating: N.A.R.: 8
Hit Points: 1D6x10+10
S.D.C.: 2D4x10+10
Average P.P.E.: 6D6.
Appearance: A giant draft horse, with powerful and muscular build, a dense rounded
body, a broad back, strong loins, powerful hind-quarters, and long legs with dense bones. Their
coat is almost always a dark gray (color of thunderclouds), but there is the occassional black
stallion or white mare. Their legs often have white stockings with long hairs.
Natural Abilities: Supernatural Strength and endurance, a single horse can pull a 5 ton
boulder for nearly one hundred miles (160 km), nearly fearless, leap 10 feet (3 m) high or 20
feet (6 m) across, swim 55%, Sensitive to the Supernatural and Potential Psychic Energy
(P.P.E.), Range of Sensitivity: 1200 feet (365 m).
Speed: 40 (28 mph/45.08 km) , but maximum speed is 60 (42 mph/67.62 m). The
horses pulling speed is half its normal speed. A Thunder Hoof can maintain its average running
speed for 22 hours with minimal strain/exhaustion (needs only two-three hours of rest). It can
maintain its maximum speed for 1 hour and 1D6x10 minutes. A domesticated horse is extremely
loyal and will run until they collapse from exhaustion. Note: If the horse is made to travel its
maximum distance without stopping, after the animal rests it will spending 2-3 hours grazing or
needing to be feed, before it can take off again. If the horse is not allowed to eat, it will
become unruly and lash out (its hungery).
Attacks Per Melee: Three
Damage: Front kick does 3D6+6 points of damage, rear does 5D6+6 points of damage,
stomp 2D4, trample 6D6, and bite 1D6+2 damage. Unlike other horse, Thunder Hooves do not
instinctively leap over and run around humanoids and most other animals, they will fight by
kicking and trampling. It does take much for a rider to coax a domesticated horse into
attacking an opponent.
Bonuses: +1 on initiative, +5 to strike, +1 to dodge, +9 to save vs. Horror Factor, and
+3 to save vs. poison and disease.
Psionics: Natural Sensitivity but no actual powers.
Value: Untrained 10,000-18,000; trained 60,000-110,000 gold. Note: These horses are
not easily domesticated. In fact, because of their size and unruliness, they are considered
exotic animals, and have to be tamed as such. Any attempts quickly figure out how to ride
these animals using traditional horsemanship is done with a -20% and -25% penalty to breed
(raise, break, train, etc).
Average Life Span: 25 years.
Habitat: Grasslands and plains
Range: Old Kingdom Lowlands (west of the mountains).
Language: None.
Enemies: Giants races and large predators. They are cautious around humanoids but
with time and patience, they can be taught to trust
Allies: Benevolent faerie folk and trust worthy humanoids.
Size: 32-34 Hands (10.5 to 11.3 feet/3.2 to 3.4 m) high at the withers (shoulder).
Weight: 6000-6600 lbs (2700-2970 kg).

this is perfect! i am running a campaign in the baalgor wastelands, and one of my players is a Wolfen Palladin, i have been trying to think of a suitable mount for a 9 foot tall wolf man. I think he will enjoy this. reagren i was actually going to message you privately about this but decided to check the forums first, so you solved my problem anyways :P

Unread postPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:30 am

D-Bee

Reagren Wright wrote:
Glad you survived your encounter. The tale of how two party members and a half dozen
hunters npcs (in red shirts) got slaughtered by four boars takes to long to tell but its a funny
one. The idea of a vicious hogzilla I've always found deliciously wicked :twisted:

yeah... that was a blast! I'm so glad i purchased that Hunting dog in the previous town

Unread postPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:29 am

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Cloud Sheep.

I'm late to this thread, but what do I see first?
A source of fleece for bomber jackets....
Now I'm picturing the sort of shepherds and what they'd need to be packing to herd these critters. 8)

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Unread postPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:44 pm

Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

Cloud Sheep.

I'm late to this thread, but what do I see first?
A source of fleece for bomber jackets....
Now I'm picturing the sort of shepherds and what they'd need to be packing to herd these critters. 8)
A species of winged elves, perhaps?

Unread postPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:38 pm

Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
[A species of winged elves, perhaps?

Or just about any winged species who'd wear/use wool.

"A good fleece nest, if taken care of, should serve us a few brooding seasons."

For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------