Connect the dots putting Osiris back together again

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Connect the dots putting Osiris back together again

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

My game started in PF but has taken many turn and end up in Rifts. The games did not start as trying to put Osiris together, but one of the players is running a priestess of Isis and for a very large accomplishment (world saving) I gave the priestess the tongue. I thought little about it because the players were not thrilled with the reward. However, a few month later I got Madhaven and boom a part of Osiris is in that book and the players wanting to move to rifts start hunting for the other parts of Osiris and decide to dedicate themselves to Isis just to do this. It has been fun bouncing them around the Megaverse® looking for parts and finding fakes, traps ect. They still only have the tongue but I’m looking to give them another soonish so other then in Dragons & Gods and Madhaven are there any in any other books and what one would you give them?

The characters are around 8th and have gone up 2-3 levels since getting the tongue.

thanks Dragon_blaze_99
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Re: Connect the dots putting Osiris back together again

Unread post by csbioborg »

I don't think so.. I believe it is intenionally put up the the Dungeon Master to decide that.

My question is how do you get Osris ressurected even if you bring al the pieces together.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
sHaka
Hero
Comment: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt

Unread post by sHaka »

csbioborg wrote:My question is how do you get Osris ressurected even if you bring al the pieces together.

Thoth could probably tell you, and he'd most likely do so if Isis asked nicely.

And.... to throw a twist in there at the end of the campaign. How about the ritual (performed by Thoth) is so gruelling that it awakens some of Thoth's memories as Xy? Could send him slowly off the deep end. A worthy challenge for the new champions of the Gods of Light...
Northern Gun Weapons Technician, R&D Department
Reading: Savage Worlds / Savage Rifts
Playing: Nothing U_U
Advocating: A free, super-slick .pdf of Palladium's core system with sample characters and scenario
My Dead Reign Character Sheet
Palladium Books RPG Google+ Community
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

dragon_blaze_99 wrote:It has been fun bouncing them around the Megaverse® looking for parts and finding fakes, traps ect. They still only have the tongue but I’m looking to give them another soonish so other then in Dragons & Gods and Madhaven are there any in any other books and what one would you give them?

The characters are around 8th and have gone up 2-3 levels since getting the tongue.

thanks Dragon_blaze_99

Dimensional campaigns are my forte :D Skull of Osiris is in Hades :demon: Check out page 23 if you have the book. If not buy it :mrgreen:

Carl
ImageImage
Shadyslug
Hero
Comment: Ding ding ding there goes my wagon...

Unread post by Shadyslug »

Well...youv'e got the find the phallus of Osiris to resurrect him...but since that part is missing and will never be found, your'e going ot have a hard time getting him to rise up...
Often times, we must atone for the sins of the father...
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Good luck getting the eye of osiris from the knights of the white rose.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Good luck getting the eye of osiris from the knights of the white rose.

Since your here. I never understood why Isis left the eye in thier care instead of takingit in her possieson.

Also can the white rose be transformed by biowizardy to be hardier?

Lastly how would a lizard mutant procreate with a normal human? Phyisologically lol
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Osiris resurrect seems to be a lost cause. If the Gods of Light haven't done it yet I don't it can be done accept through time travel. I think Set must have used a Soul Drinking on him or he'd be back by now. If anyone did resurrect him Set & Anubis would track the people down who were responsible and they would pay for it in this life and the next. It's your game have fun with it just be careful.
Last edited by runebeo on Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Prysus
Champion

Unread post by Prysus »

Greetings and Salutations. Well, since I didn't see it mentioned (though may have missed it), there is actually one right in PF where they started. Eastern Territory in the city of Haven (starting on page 152 for basic city info and ends on 161, the piece being mentioned on page 159). It holds the heart and mentions some information around it. So for a refresher it's Book 11: Eastern Territory, the Heart of Osiris. Hope that helps a bit more. So if you have the tongue, the skull is in Hades, and the eye is in Madhaven, that's 4 of them. Getting closer. Farewell and safe journeys, and wish them the best of luck.
Living the Fantasy (fan website)

Rifter #45; Of Bows & Arrows (Archery; expanding rules and abilities)
Rifter #52; From Ruins to Runes (Living Rune Weapons; playable characters and NPC)
Rifter #55; Home Away From Home (Quorian Culture; expanded from PF Book 9: Baalgor Wastelands)

Official PDF versions of Rifter #45, #52, and #55 can be found at DriveThruRPG.
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The eye of Osiris was left in the possession of one of her followers during a period of weak magic. It was left under the obelisk in central park when it was erected and through the dark ages. Only when the Isis returned to her temple in central park did she realize that the Knight of the White Rose were there. She was originally going to go and transport the eye to a place for safe keeping and then realized that this place is about as safe as it can be: dangerous ruins, haunted more than anywhere else on earth, the psychic imprint of Madhaven, tribes of loyal mutant defenders, and an army of Mystic Knights? Yeah, she’s pretty secure in her decision.

As for the Rose, I would say that it is unable to be manipulated through bio-wizardry at all. Any attempt would kill it.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

i'm not worried about bringing him back to life they will never get all the parts, after they have 3-4 i'm going to have them get stolen :lol:
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Rogue_Scientist wrote:Meh. That seems a little cruel. Having 1-2 stolen at some point, and making it possible to recover, may be an interesting campaign.

Ultimately, if they stick with it, there's no reason they shouldn't be able to recover quite a few pieces and hand over to Isis. I mean, we're talking probably several years worth of campaigns and assorted other adventures, but, yeah, I feel like characters should be able to affect the meta-game to some tangible degree, if they put the effort into it.

Remember...according to legend, she DOES help resurrect him eventually. Palladium writers just thought it was more interesting to put us in the middle of that quest, rather than after it was completed. I mean...it shouldn't be a foregone conclusion, or anything, but neither should it be some entirely unthinkable conclusion.

~RS

no really i just need one stolen and it all no good, :twisted: but i'm going to have an eye stolen after all its a big gem
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

Madhaven is not inhabited by any SANE Necromancers. No telling about madmen.
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

I'm sure this campaign is long over, but for anyone else thinking of doing this, the left foot is on the island Dragons Roost in possession of the Rouge Wooly Dragon. PG 160 of Adventures on the High Seas
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!

Return to “Rifts®”