Kaiju in Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Kaiju in Rifts

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

I was looking through a website and it got me to thinking. Here's the website: http://kaijucombat.com/wiki/doku.php?id ... nster_list.
Now, what I was thinking is thus: What kind of Kaiju would you have in your game? And how would you go about doing the combat for them, let alone represent them (I.E. all energy based attacks as one, all claw attacks as another, etc.)??

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Kaiju in Rifts

Unread post by Bill »

Not a huge fan of the concept, but there are a few kaiju-esque critters published. Typically, they work just like any other creature. They're just bigger. You could write up some special rules for them and submit it to The Rifter, I suppose. I'd focus on attacks that can hit many smaller targets or affect an area, like kicking through a column of soldiers or incinerating a chunk of city with a breath weapon, if I were writing it.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

awhile back there was a contest for kaiju like critters here on the forums. though i think that wound up a casualty of the last forum revamp
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Rifter 44 had a ton of kaiju.
Insert 400 character limit here.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I have not used Kaiju in any of the games I have run....but has played in a HU game with a voracious absorber.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Whew!! Good Ole Kaiju! Indeed there are some cases where I know of Games and Concepts that fit the bill for Kaiju.

Slappy created a Colossal Class Warmount Carrier called the Kraken. Slappy's write up is here. If you like a militarized aircraft carrier that is the likes of Gojira fused with Gamera, then this Biotech kaiju might be up your alley.

There is also a special edition Rifter#44 that contains kaiju. In the article Megaversal Monster Showdown, there is another Kaiju designed for Splicers called Sansarakhaana - the Devourer of the Earth written by Todd Yoho and illustrated by Brian Manning.

There are nine others also featured in the article, written and illustrated by the Palladiumbooks Freelancers. If your looking for a major challenge or a switch of pace for gamers, these big stompers can sure do the trick.

There is a special edition Rifter#44 that contains some Kaiju designed for the Megaverse experience. In the article Megaversal Monster Showdown, there are Kaiju designed for challenging players on multiple scales, plots and experiences. If your looking for a major campaign, new challenge or a switch of pace for Gamers, these stompers can sure do the trick. Voracious Absorbers were designed and written to exist and be a significant Kaiju threat for the modern day Gamer's intellectual mindset and strategies.

EDIT: Text and game stats from Rifter removed

Here is a thread discussing a VA in a Heroes Unlimited campaign. VAs can be easily scaled to deal with whatever your gaming party calls for.

Who is up for the VA challenge?
Last edited by Premier on Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:I have not used Kaiju in any of the games I have run....but has played in a HU game with a voracious absorber.

WOA!!!! A Voracious Absorber huh?! Wow... might I ask, Drew Kitty, was this one of Kevarin's campaigns?
How did it go and how did you all fare? Any pointers?
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Well if you use rifts underseas the lord of the deep is pretty much an epic kaiju to end all kaiju with tentacle arms thousands of miles long.

Return to “Rifts®”