DB 15 Powers...

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dakchronos
Wanderer

DB 15 Powers...

Unread post by Dakchronos »

At a loss for Super Pilot. Do they still make skill rolls for piloting? If so whats the range for the roll? I feel like a noob asking this... but it came up in the group.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: DB 15 Powers...

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Dakchronos wrote:At a loss for Super Pilot. Do they still make skill rolls for piloting? If so whats the range for the roll? I feel like a noob asking this... but it came up in the group.

Under bonuses, the last line says: "can push the vehicle to its design limits, and penalties for combat, evasive and trick maneuvers are only one third the usual amount.

Emphasis mine. the penalties being refered to are the penalties to the skill roll to make combat, evasive, and trick manuvers under dogfighting or vehicular combat. which are penalties to the skill roll.

Sinse the power only cuts the penatlies to 1/3, that clearly indicates that a skill role IS necessary. It also lists "Combat driving" as being granted as an intuitive skill--which is a skill that allows your piloting skill to go over 100% for the purpose of offsetting penalties to difficult manuvers (a roll of 98-100 is always a fail regardless of the amount over you have it).

It does not actually provide any piloting skills directly--you still have to take them on your own. However, sinse it has the ability to intuitively drive them all, I would rule that the power lets them drive and operate any kind of vehicle without training--but that they still need it to perform well in combat, although their innate combat driving means any piloting skill they do have will be able to go 100%.

At least, that's my reading of the power.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dakchronos
Wanderer

Where is that combat driving? in Rifts UE, Combat Driving is a skill that reduces combat penalties by half(which is funny for the power itself) and reduces penalties by one per level. There is no roll for skill use in this skill. That and it only applies to ground vehicles. We tend to play with anything goes and in a Robotech setting, the skill is the same there. One player mentioned the Invid mechanics and figured the ability could be much like that in terms of strait piloting. There is no roll, treat as if its an extension of their body. Another player debated that there should always be the 99-100 fail in the very least.

Thanks for the reply btw. :)

On a side note, the ability mentions nothing in the case of read sensory, a general need of space flight.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dakchronos wrote:Where is that combat driving? in Rifts UE, Combat Driving is a skill that reduces combat penalties by half(which is funny for the power itself) and reduces penalties by one per level. There is no roll for skill use in this skill. That and it only applies to ground vehicles. We tend to play with anything goes and in a Robotech setting, the skill is the same there. One player mentioned the Invid mechanics and figured the ability could be much like that in terms of strait piloting. There is no roll, treat as if its an extension of their body. Another player debated that there should always be the 99-100 fail in the very least.

Thanks for the reply btw. :)

On a side note, the ability mentions nothing in the case of read sensory, a general need of space flight.

I got the combat driving skill from Ninjas and Superspys. I didn't even notice Rifts had it's own version now :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Dakchronos
Wanderer

No biggie. I did catch the NPCs that held the power and noticed they had no roll for piloting. But they still selected the relevant skills for Navigation space and Read Sensory Equipment that the power doesn't cover. Robotech also has Combat Flying in Macross Saga in case you're curious.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Dakchronos wrote:No biggie. I did catch the NPCs that held the power and noticed they had no roll for piloting. But they still selected the relevant skills for Navigation space and Read Sensory Equipment that the power doesn't cover. Robotech also has Combat Flying in Macross Saga in case you're curious.

An alternative possibility is that they are considered to have every skill at 98% for free, in that case.

The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Uh, DB15? :?
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

The Beast wrote:Uh, DB15? :?

Dimension Book 15

Aramis8893
Newb

Unread post by Aramis8893 »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
The Beast wrote:Uh, DB15? :?

Dimension Book 15

Also known as Heroes of the Megaverse
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Which one is that?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Last Dimension book was 14 that I know of.....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Dakchronos
Wanderer

Heroes of the Megaverse is DB 15. 9 has yet to have a release date.
Dakchronos
Wanderer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Dakchronos wrote:No biggie. I did catch the NPCs that held the power and noticed they had no roll for piloting. But they still selected the relevant skills for Navigation space and Read Sensory Equipment that the power doesn't cover. Robotech also has Combat Flying in Macross Saga in case you're curious.

An alternative possibility is that they are considered to have every skill at 98% for free, in that case.

True, at this point it becomes entirely up to GM interpretation.
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

DB14: https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... alaxy.html

Listed right after it in the store: https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... f-the.html

A 15 on the cover would've been nice, agreed :)

Or https://palladium-store.com/1001/catego ... books.html numbering past 1-4 for Bionics/BlackMarket/Vamps/Mercs/MercOps/MercAdventures/HeroesOfHumanity. IMO MercTown and ShemarrianNation seem like they should've been world books...

Although the "Adventure Sourcebooks" are numbered in the store from 1-4 the covers/spines don't reflect that, would be good if they did. The "Secrets of" (coalition/atlanteans) being numbered would also be nice.

Much like a "World Book 5" for Survival Guide would've been good.

Or giving 'world book' titling to the HU sourcebooks of Villains/Century/Gramercy/Underground/Armageddon. I can see how Aliens/Galaxy are more like off-world books though.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”