New Generation OCCs

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Of The Funk
D-Bee

New Generation OCCs

Unread post by Of The Funk »

So I finally picked up the New Generation 2e book a little bit ago. Overall I quite liked it, but something about the OCCs provided in the book rubbed me the wrong way. Maybe it's the list of special abilities (which seem kind of out-of-place), or the fact that they don't use the MOS/skill package system (which I like for helping to make characters mechanically distinct). It's also criminally lacking in things like bandits and such to shoot at when you're tired of bug-hunting. Rather than just complain, though, I decided to take a stab at actually doing something productive about it. Here's my very rough first pass, sort of blocking out the options I'd give:

• Freedom Fighter: Left as-is except all the special abilities are axed.
  • Outcast: people who don't fit into what passes for society. They wander from town to town, never staying in one place for long. Except when they do, and sort of rub everyone the wrong way like sand grains in an oyster.
    • MOS:
      • Grifter: Gets by with words and wit. If you're not careful, this guy/gal will talk you into giving them all your money...and you'll thank them for it!
      • Scavenger: Good at finding and fixing all the junk left over from multiple Robotech Wars.
      • Trailblazer: More at home amongst the wilderness than your fellow man.
  • Bandit: A little harder-edged than the Outcast. The OCC for people who flat-out pillage, or used to do that and are trying to somehow make amends.
    • MOS:
      • Biker: You and your buddies roam the wastes, doing what you want, when you want. Black leather and chrome spikes optional.
      • Invid Sympathizer: Lucky you, you sold your soul to the alien invaders and they let you have all the cool toys. Unfortunately you're a little less capable of working on your own as a result.
      • Thug: You're a mook. You can break stuff and intimidate people, and if you're lucky there's someone smarter around to do the heavy mental lifting.
  • Invid Experiments/Princes/Princesses/Simulagents: Left as-is. Including the special abilities, because they're explicitly unnatural things that only these OCCs can do.

I'm thinking there could be more, so any suggestions are welcome. Also, I'm not sure if OCCs are verboten (like mecha stats), so if they are I'm willing to stick to generalities.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”