What kind of glue ?

Use this area to ask questions and provide tips for assembling Robotech RPG Tactics™ mini's as well terrain sculpting.

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

What kind of glue ?

Unread post by AlexM »

I got a phone call from a backer who wanted to know what kind of glue to use. The answer is old school Testors model kit glue. Avoid super glue.

Alex Marciniszyn
Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Re: What kind of glue ?

Unread post by Phaze »

AlexM wrote:I got a phone call from a backer who wanted to know what kind of glue to use. The answer is old school Testors model kit glue. Avoid super glue.

Alex Marciniszyn

I prefer Plastruct Plasti Weld. Orange bottle. Great stuff and helps hide the seams.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

i've never had issues with super glue on ABS plastic kits before. the main thing is to get the right kind. you want the gel type (to control how much you use and where it goes, and you want to get a higher quality version.. personally i find gorilla glue brand is awesome if you want durability. the cheaper stuff can work, but i prefer to save that for stuff like terrain where you can really add extra to ensure a good grip.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
jdarr5000
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by jdarr5000 »

I Personaly use the Bob smith industires glues which you can find at most hobby stores that can do a decent sized order as the bottle will then have the stores logo on it.

Other wise i'd suggest Zap a gap i've used that before i got on to the BSI glues.
Sakieh
D-Bee

Unread post by Sakieh »

Testors Red, not Testors Blue, however.

Why you use the Testors is that it actually reacts with the plastic and creates a stronger
bond then the normal CA glue. CA Glue is best for assembling metal, or mixed plastic and
metal. So, if you got the Con Exclusive Max or Miriyia metal minis? After you are through
pinning the daylights out of them, you would use standard CA glue.

If you are going to actually use these for gaming, though, not just display? You want to
use Testors Red.
BlackStar08
D-Bee
Comment: You are beginning to damage my calm...

Unread post by BlackStar08 »

jdarr5000 wrote:I Personaly use the Bob smith industires glues which you can find at most hobby stores that can do a decent sized order as the bottle will then have the stores logo on it.

Other wise i'd suggest Zap a gap i've used that before i got on to the BSI glues.

Ditto. I've used it for plastic, metal and resin miniatures. Never had a problem with them.
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

I used Testors Red and it worked great. It really helped getting rid of most seams, too. Not all, but most.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™ - Modelling & Terrain”