Systems Failure: What would you want to see?

10101010: Site is secure. Move on to the next, secure and deactivate. Await further orders from Swarmlord.
2009: Let the Hunt Begin.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mech798
Dungeon Crawler

Systems Failure: What would you want to see?

Unread post by mech798 »

I've been getting some freetime and I was thinking of submitting a system's failure article to the Rifter. So, what type of article would you like to see? what type of article would you not like to see.

Keep in mind that "submitting" and "getting accepted" are two quite different things, of coures.
asbjorn
D-Bee
Comment: Rifter Contributor

Re: Systems Failure: What would you want to see?

Unread post by asbjorn »

I would like to see what interests you. What is it about System Failure that you are passionate about?
What do you think they left out or could have done better?

Personally I think a Area 51, or other secret government facility would be cool, but what drives my passion will be different from yours.
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Systems Failure is a bit like Twilight 2000, in that it's bound to a now-defunct future event (Y2K) and only exists as an “alternate history” now. What I'd want in order to address that would actually be something that updates the technology from the late 20th century to today; and then push Systems Failure into the future again. Say, have the Bugs arrive in 2038, a comfortable 16 years from now; and adjust the setting to take place a decade after that. That would give a bit more breathing room before it gets bumped back into “alternate history” territory, and would give some justification to bear little more speculative on what the Human Resistance has going for it. That, in turn, would give more room to expand on the Bugs. (Unfortunately, the Bug that I'd most like to see, a spider-like Web Browser, is incompatible with Systems Failure's premise, that our digital infrastructure got destroyed.)
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

mech798 wrote:I've been getting some freetime and I was thinking of submitting a system's failure article to the Rifter. So, what type of article would you like to see? what type of article would you not like to see.

Keep in mind that "submitting" and "getting accepted" are two quite different things, of coures.

Systems Failure I think is my favorite game from Palladium. If I could only have one Palladium book I think this would be it.

To your article, I think anything that would be a advancement of the timeline and a historical recap might be a good way to possibly ignite some interest in this setting again. The bugs don't have to be defeated or anything like that of course.

Return to “Systems Failure™”