Updated editions?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Updated editions?

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

So I guess my question is simple... are there any plans for any kind of updated editions of PF?

I have been playing around with some other games and it got me to thinking about PF. Updates, balances, and new areas would be amazing...
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Lukterran
Adventurer

Re: Updated editions?

Unread post by Lukterran »

They have no plan on doing anything like this any time in the future. Palladium Fantasy is currently on the backburner and the only thing we will see new coming out is perhaps a few source books and probably stuff that can be crossed over into Rifts.
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

I appreciated the answer... Sad to say that I likely wont be buying any more of the Pall books then... at least not in the near future... While I appreciated all the info in the current books. I rather prefer a more balanced game play..Having updated info and learning more about the world as it changes would be nice too.
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

Smlawrence8 wrote:I appreciated the answer... Sad to say that I likely wont be buying any more of the Pall books then... at least not in the near future... While I appreciated all the info in the current books. I rather prefer a more balanced game play..Having updated info and learning more about the world as it changes would be nice too.

If you hit the interviews at GenCon on the current weekly update, Kevin talks about a PF Ultimate edition.
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

I have never purchased and ultimate edition. What is involved in one. I know it is hard cover with color pictures.. but what else comes with it?
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

a PF UE would effectively be a major revision at most just as Rifts UE was. Not much more.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

jaymz wrote:a PF UE would effectively be a major revision at most just as Rifts UE was. Not much more.

Okay, I'll bite.. What 'much more' should be done in a Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition?
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I am not saying there should be more Mike. I am saying what a PF UE would likely be as the guy asked.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

What kind of updates occured with Rift UE? Again I have not purchased a UE and I am on a work computer so I cannot look at the book info. I am actually surprised that I can get on this forum.

And Mike I would love to see a better balance between caster and melee. I understand the need for LARGE magic to stay interesting (and rare), but I would like to see the caster have something more to rely on (at least in the early levels). Maybe even some really simple things that dont cost points. Also as I said some update to the world as it has changed over the past few years would be kinda nifty.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

IF (and I do mean IF) a PF UE does happen, I hope it gets done better than RUE was.

That Big 3 that would need to happen:

Bring all of the rules into the core book. All of them. Any rules that are going to be used from Rifts (underwater casting? PPE channeling? 2 for living?) need to be in the core book.

Clarify the diabolist rules. These are perhaps the most argued rules in PF. Streamline them. Clarify anything else that's ambiguous.

And for Thoth's sake, rewrite the "Character creation" section so that it actually makes sense. How can I roll for stats before I've decided what race I'm going to be?!
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Goliath Strongarm wrote:IF (and I do mean IF) a PF UE does happen, I hope it gets done better than RUE was.

That Big 3 that would need to happen:

Bring all of the rules into the core book. All of them. Any rules that are going to be used from Rifts (underwater casting? PPE channeling? 2 for living?) need to be in the core book.

Clarify the diabolist rules. These are perhaps the most argued rules in PF. Streamline them. Clarify anything else that's ambiguous.

And for Thoth's sake, rewrite the "Character creation" section so that it actually makes sense. How can I roll for stats before I've decided what race I'm going to be?!

So a UE does in fact rework the rules some? That would be awesome.
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

In hypothesis, what it does is gather the rules, and clarify them all. In reality? The RUE did neither
BuzzardB
Explorer

Unread post by BuzzardB »

The RUE didn't gather ALL the rules and clarify ALL the rules, but it did gather A LOT of the rules and clarified SOME.

For me the update to all the OCC's was my favorite part of the RUE.

In addition to a better character creation chapter, Id like character creation to be at the start of the book this time, not 2/3's in like the RUE...
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

BuzzardB wrote:The RUE didn't gather ALL the rules and clarify ALL the rules, but it did gather A LOT of the rules and clarified SOME.

While I'm sure the megaversal players will be disappointed, I expect a Palladium Fantasy Ultimate Edition will gather all of the Palladium Fantasy rules into one book. That is to say, there are plenty of setting specific rules from other settings that are unlikely to find their way into a PFUE simply because they don't belong in PF..
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”