Which delivery date is most likely for Robotech?

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Which delivery date do you think is most likely for Robotech?

June: They said so?
No votes
July: It was a secret revision but one nonetheless!
8%
August/Gencon: This is their real priority.
23%
Late 2014: The current dates aren't moot but they're close.
35%
Early 2015: They're not even remotely close to delivering.
12%
Even Later: I'm just hoping that we'll eventually get something.
23%

Total votes: 26

bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Which delivery date is most likely for Robotech?

Unread post by bielmic »

Just checking to see how much confidence there is in the current crop of contradictory delivery dates amongst the variety of fans with different levels of trust and faith in Palladium. What date in the poll do you think you'll receive your wave 1 miniatures by? Feel free to post why you chose the answer you did in a post below as well. Since my last poll had a significant amount of respondents fail to understand the poll question correctly, the question is about the date you think the majority of backers will receive the miniatures in their hands.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Jerell
Hero

Re: Which delivery date is most likely for Robotech?

Unread post by Jerell »

Late 2014. If it can go wrong, it will go wrong. I've never had a high regard for getting stuff from China on time anyway. Would be delighted to be proven wrong however.

Otherwise it's like working with explosives, when in doubt add '+P' for plenty.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

I am a pessimist, so I said "even later".

Why?

Because this way I either get the satisfaction of being right, or I get to be pleasantly surprised when things don't turn out as bad as I'd thought they would. Pessimism's very liberating that way.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
bielmic
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bielmic »

I went with late 2014. While I think they're more likely aiming for Gencon in their characteristicly unrealistic way, I don't think anyone but a few "select" backers who are fan friends and/or freelancers chosen for their steadfast optimism when faced with the failures to date of the campaign will receive them. I don't have any faith in any significant portion of backers getting their stuff by Gencon but I do think there is still a chance that palladium will air freight over a few hundred boxes to sell at full price at the con. That way they can make some money off of ebay scalpers and those who didn't pledge while those of us who pledged over a year earlier will still be waiting. I just hope that palladium learned something from this mess but I'm not holding my breath seeing as how nothing was learned between NG1 and 2 and that is their bread and butter that they messed up as well. The only reason I didn't pick 2015 is because they've finally started showing something for their effort instead of just telling us how super duper double plus awesome it is.
Congratulations, Palladium Books. You just threw away a customer of 28 years because of how you handled Robotech Tactics.
Forar
Hero

Unread post by Forar »

As the optimist of the group, I suspect it'll be kind of August/Gencon.

In that they'll have them for sale at Gencon, and rely on the very thin plausible deniability that "we got as many out into the mail system as possible before we left!", even if it's one package.

Let's just say that even with that answer, I won't be shocked if I don't actually have my box in hand by September or October.

Edit: though you're right, it is pretty super double plus awesome.
Kryptt
Adventurer
Comment: Macross fan first
Robotech fan second

Unread post by Kryptt »

I voted later because even if wave one shows up this year I don't expect PB to complete delivery of all the models till 2015 or after. It seems like no one voted for choice one. Even the fan friends know it's a fallacy to think PB will deliver when they say they will.

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”