What is the rate of MDC recovery?

A Place to post your game questions and rule clarifications. Once answered the post will go into the Games F.A.Q. Archive.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Myrrhibis
Dungeon Crawler

What is the rate of MDC recovery?

Unread post by Myrrhibis »

The RMB & RUE give what the rate of natural healing is for HP & SDC. Nothing is given for MDC.

Would the 2hp be all (base is 2 hp & 4SDC/day)? Seems horribly slow.

What would be amount w/ medical attention.
Myrrhibis
--the VAwitchy Gamer Chick
Help my eggs & hatchlings to grow to hatch: Get your own @ Dragcave.net

Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: What is the rate of MDC recovery?

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

there's a line in RUE (I don't remember the exact page), that says that MDC is treated as HP for all purposes unless otherwise specified.

So if an MDC being has no regeneration rate, they heal at the HP rate but not the SDC rate.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the majority of natural MDC creatures have some sort of natural regeneration ability as well, so i doubt it has come up much. i think Nekira has the best approach for those without regen.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Hmm, I could have sworn this was in the archive, but I can't seem to find it.

The old rule from page 22 of the Rifts Conversion Book (old edition) was that M.D.C. creatures without bio-regeneration powers recovered 2D6 M.D.C. per day. As far as I know, this has not been changed in any subsequent books.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

That bit's on page 21 of the 5th printing of CB1 (under the 'Monster MDC Conversions' section) "physical MDC is normally restored at a rate of 2d6 per day" and the next page (22 for me) notes that for supernatural beings, they can have a bio-regen of 2d6 to d4x10 mdc/hit points).

Your not is a good one though, the 2d6 base per day is helpful to know for Phantoms and Silhouette from Phase World who do not have listed regenerations like the other races do.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Palladium Books® Games Q. & A.”