New to Rifts!!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

boxee
Hero

Re: New to Rifts!!

Unread post by boxee »

Rifts bionics sourcebook.

It has most of the bionics from the whole game.
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

I agree with Boxee. However, if you'd like to add a setting book that capitalizes on cybernetics at the same time, you'd do well to look at Triax and the NGR, Japan, and Warlords of Russia. Each has a slightly different flavor, though they all tend to hit the technology versus supernatural theme pretty hard. Triax does military action really well, while Japan touches more on cyberpunk-style covert corporate espionage well, and Warlords hits competing human factions while pushing bionic augmentation about as far as it goes in the series. Good luck.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Bacon_bits57 wrote:I bought the Ultimate Edition core rulebook recently and fell in love with the cyborg class. Which books should I buy to expand my library of Rifts bionics/cybernetics?

Rifts Bionic Sourcebook collects and expands the technology from a large selection of the books (pre-RUE). The one aspect of the book that it does not do well is the treatment of the various standardized Borg Bodies to appear. Those require the appropriate books:
-Rifts Triax & NGR (FQ IINM simply Reprints from here)
-Rifts: Japan
-Rifts: New West
-Rifts: Warlords of Russia
-Rifts: Triax 2 (might have new bodies to offer)
-Rifts: Underseas
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Bacon_bits57 wrote:I bought the Ultimate Edition core rulebook recently and fell in love with the cyborg class. Which books should I buy to expand my library of Rifts bionics/cybernetics?

Rifts setting: Bionics sourcebook, Warlords of russia, Canada, Japan, Triax & the NGR, new west...(those are all I can think of atm)

Other settings
HU: HU2 main book, Aliens Unlimited, AU: Galaxy Guide
Ninjas and Superspies: N&S main book
RoboTech 2nd gen.: RT: The New Generation (the invid experiment section)
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Unread post by say652 »

rifts Japan and Rifts Russia as well as Phaseworld 1 &2. so 4 books and you can truly build the ultimate borg.
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

If you don't mind using fan made cybernetics, Paladin Steel by taalismn has a WIDE and varying selection of cyborg frames and addons!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

kronos wrote:If you don't mind using fan made cybernetics, Paladin Steel by taalismn has a WIDE and varying selection of cyborg frames and addons!

Thanks for the pluggola. :D
And welcome aboard, Bacon-bits57. :bandit:
We need more gearheads.

The Rifts Space Opera setting(Three Galaxies) makes mention of the Central Alliance, a star nation made of cyberpunks and cyborgs, where being metalled up is a STATUS symbol. Sadly, the Three Galaxies books have no hard details on available bionic systems and tech(only that it's implied that everything in Rifts is there, available, and likely cheaper), but it allows you to bring in galactic-tech cybernetics and bionics of your own design(and introduce to Earth via rifted alien/d-bee cyborgs).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Snow Hawk
Explorer

Unread post by Snow Hawk »

Bacon_bits57 wrote:Thanks for the quick replies everyone! Should I look into buying Mystic Russia as well if I buy Warlords of Russia? I actually live in west Texas and used to live in the Mojave desert, so New West sounds kinda cool.

Thanks again!

If you are only interested in the bionics then I would say no you do not need Mystic Russia, but if you intend on playing in Russia then it is a big yes. I personally love both Russia books and use them a lot
Bill
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Bill »

Bacon_bits57 wrote:Thanks for the quick replies everyone! Should I look into buying Mystic Russia as well if I buy Warlords of Russia? I actually live in west Texas and used to live in the Mojave desert, so New West sounds kinda cool.

Thanks again!

New West and the Bionics Sourcebook would be a good combo. Cyber-slingers versus heavily armored combat borgs. Definitely look at Lone Star too. It fills in some useful background for the American southwest and offers some fun mutant critters.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

ShadowLogan wrote:

Rifts Bionic Sourcebook collects and expands the technology from a large selection of the books (pre-RUE). The one aspect of the book that it does not do well is the treatment of the various standardized Borg Bodies to appear. Those require the appropriate books:
-Rifts Triax & NGR (FQ IINM simply Reprints from here)
-Rifts: Japan
-Rifts: New West
-Rifts: Warlords of Russia
-Rifts: Triax 2 (might have new bodies to offer)
-Rifts: Underseas

Rifter 51 also has some additional Triax tech and two new cyborg bodies. The upcoming Sovietski sourcebook will have some really ffun additions as well.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Thanks again!

Mystic Russia is a great book, but the theme is magic. S you won't find any tech that I can recall. Still a good read.

New west has a lot of cool classes and tech.

Welcome to me boards and the Megaverse :ok:
ImageImage
Taintedmythos
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Taintedmythos »

Also i liked Sourcebook 03: Mindwerks

Return to “Rifts®”