Anybody in an ATB or TMNT game currently?

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Anybody in an ATB or TMNT game currently?

Unread post by tundro »

In a Rifts dominated world, it's hard to find anyone running an ATB or TMNT game anymore. It's such a shame...I love the line (the first rpg I ever played was TMNT) and I wish it got more attention and love. If anyone is currently running or in a game, I'd love to hear about it if anyone has the time to elaborate. :)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Anybody in an ATB or TMNT game currently?

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

I feel you Tundro. TMNT was the first RPG I ever played and still my favorite. Sadly I can't say that I'm playing in "A" TMNT game at the moment...

I'm playing in 3 (sometimes 4)! Right now it's just me and the GM playing (GM has a pc so that it's not just me running around by my lonesome). The characters are listed in the pairs playing (mine then his).

Garbaad a mutant Ibex hybrid, who has retired from the Army Special Forces and Rangers .
Ogylbe a mutant Hamster. A former KGB communications analyst who escaped to the USA when he found out he was going to be exterminated.

Satchel a mutant Shar Pei and a ninja
Greystripe a mutant House Cat and a ninja

Rupert a mutant Badger. A famous archaeologist and lecturer.
Mari a mutant Skunk. A research chemist for Este`Lauder.
(both were made with modified ATB2 rules and education tables. They are ridiculously over skilled and over powered)

Smokey Joe Gargle a mutant Maltese Tiger. Joe is technically homeless and lives life by the seat of whatever pants he scrounges from the trash or from Goodwill.
Ernie "The Grumbler" Tuttle a mutant Box Turtle. Ernie is technically homeless as well. He follows Joe around helping out with the latest scheme, hijink, or illicit enterprise.

Adventures (well at least the ones I've got transcribed) for Joe and Ernie as well as Satchel and Greystripe can be read here.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&start=100#p2643404

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&p=2668471#p2645283

and

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&p=2668471#p2663608

and

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=39719&p=2675241#p2675241

Satchel also did this while Greystripe was flipping burgers
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=136964&hilit=Dumb+Luck#p2643107

The Adventures of Garbaad and Ogylbe are looooong drawn out affairs that would read like a stream of thought conversation. But they've involved, being kidnapped, escaping, rescuing garbaads family, a revenge vendetta, vivid horrific hallucinations that resulted in Garbaad developing a severe phobia of squirrels, being kidnapped again, zombies..lots and lots of zombies, killer robots, laser defense systems, and trying to shoot down a Black Hawk combat helicopter with a hunting rifle. Oh Garbaad also laid claim to an entire abandoned town because he killed all the zombies there.

Rupert and Mari. These two have gotten off to a slow start. The organization that Rupert works for/was created by sent the 2 of them (Rupert and Mari were rescued during Garbaad's first escape from being kidnapped, and she's tagging along as a research assistant) to Central America to track down part of an ancient map. This map piece is supposed to lead to the next piece and so on. Once all pieces are assembled they collectively point to ... well we just don't know. We get through to our first connecting flight only find out from "The Director" that the piece has been stolen and shipped to Los Angeles and that we'll have to rent a car and drive back. A dozen Bandito hold up/roadblocks and subsequent beat downs that turn the banditos into a fine red mist later, we cross the US border only to find that we are now several steps behind Rupert's rival and adversary Ichabod Sterling. He's obtained several map pieces through black market and underworld connections and has flown to the Congo. Once we reach our destination we "buy" a motorcycle from a drunken possum, shoot down an ultralight, wreck the motorcycle, trek through the jungle on foot, are captured by pygmies, Rupert is almost...uhmm..how to say this discreetly..forcibly and unwillingly intercoursed by the pygmie's resident female badger mutant Mobunga (they believe her to be the incarnation of a Deity). Avoiding any unwanted "love connections" Rupert and Mari continue their jungle journey to the hidden pyramid that Ichabod has discovered with the map pieces. Not being able to enter through the main door, Rupert uses his superior Badger abilities to tunnel underground and through the wall of the pyramid. Once gaining access they fall victim to many many pyramid traps (stupid spot traps and hidden doors skill starts at 20%) to finally stumble into the chamber where Ichabod and his goons are doing...something. Rupert manages to beat Ichabod's main stooge Spike the Porcupine down to 1 HP before running out of attacks. The goons spring to action, opening fire on Rupert and poking his furry hide full of knife wounds. Mari comes to the rescue with a powerfully potent skunk blast. Rupert manages save vs noxious fumes, but the guards do not. Mari then dispatches them all with ease. During the fracas Ichabod and Spike managed to escape....and that's their story so far.

The current adventure for Satchel and Greystripe (they're currently living in an abandoned utility service junction). A tunnel collapse leads to an abandoned rail line that leads to an underground chamber full of cultists about to sacrifice a young girl. The ninja's spring into action only to have Greystripe beaten into a coma. Satchel abandons his battle to save the life of his friend. After getting Greystripe safely to the hospital Satchel returns to find the girl dead and eviscerated. He defeats 3 cultists, but is unable to track their leader. He returns home to meditate only to have a robot try to bust through the walls. After destroying the robot he follows it's tracks back to the underground factory that spawned it. In the factory he see's hundreds of the little mechanical beasts and decides that he's better off not taking them on by himself. As he'd about to leave he hears voices coming and hides ninja style. As the two pass under him he hid like this [[sup]>-0<[/sup]] he recognizes the smell of the cult leader. The two argue then separate with the cult leader passing back under. Satchel drops down (failing a prowl roll) and decapitates the cult leader and gets shot in the process. Satchel then takes a side tunnel, which lead to a secret door, which lead into the den of a swanky residence. Finding a piece of mail to get the address and his bearings Satchel makes a stealthy exit and takes himself to the hospital....until next time.

And that's where we are so far

Oh..Joe and Ernie were hired to track down a stolen Jeep. They see it pass by and chase it to a nearby junk yard. Once inside they follow the tracks to find the Jeep surrounded by freshly dismembered body parts and lots of blood. The culprit for this wanton destruction is easy to spot. Lumbering towards the two unlucky hobos is a GINORMOUS alligator that must be 70 ft if it's an inch. It chases them into a nearby building and starts to try to bash it's way through to them. The only things lying around to defend themselves with are a couple of 9 ft steel pry bars. Deciding it's better to go out fighting than to sit by and become dinner, Joe and Ernie take up arms and attack the Alligator. Joe takes a massive hit to the chest, but with Ernie's help finally manages to beat the Alligator. The final blow is struck when Joe rams his pry bar through the monsters eye and into it's cold reptilian brain.
Last edited by The Oh So Amazing Nate on Tue Apr 30, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

Hehehe...sounds like a hoot! Been such a long time since I've played a low tech, high adventure style game..brings back memories. Thanks for sharing! :)
hollowecho
Wanderer

Unread post by hollowecho »

I'm currently running one I'm setting it in liberty city from the Gta universe
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

hollowecho wrote:I'm currently running one I'm setting it in liberty city from the Gta universe

I read your story and character intro Hollow.

Could you flesh it out a bit more for us?

As as helpful note and not a criticism, after you write something read it out loud to yourself. that will help you fix errors that might make it difficult for others to follow your story.

But so far I liked what you had going on. Some of it was a bit choppy though.

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
DeadTOm
D-Bee
Location: Missoula, MT USA - That place that's really far from everything.

Unread post by DeadTOm »

I would love to get in on a game. These will always be my favorites, even above rifts.

There was a G+ community for these games but it seems to have disappeared. I'd love to play a roll20/G+ hangout game.
Playing RPGs since 1989. Starting with TMNTOS. Love the Palladium system.

Look for me on Roll20.net
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

Estalies wrote:My group just started one! We are doing our own world where all attempts of making super soldiers has failed, until a megacorp called lycagene created the stage one mutant (none or partial looking mutant animals). Fifteen years later their first batch is trained and ready to be sent on missions (corporate sabotage and espionage) under the false pretense of saving the world from terrorists or other unsavories.

Enter team one:
(All random rolled characters, all got two skill programs +10% and 8 secondary)

Leader: Noble (American)
A lion mutant with investigative journalism and communication skill sets
Full hands bipedal and speech , none looks, claws I think
Wears military armor and wields a m16 on missions
Faceman, scrupulous

Infiltration: Samson (English)
A mutant Squirrel with computers and espionage skill sets
Full hands bipedal and speech, none looks, glide and advanced hearing
Wears night vision googles (most ops at night to help hide the fact they are animals) and went from being the most disappointed player after rolling a squirrel instead of a feline of anykind to being the happiest after one session.

HtH: Tweak (American)
A mutant weasel with physical and ancient wps skills
Full hands, full biped, partial speech (talks too fast), advanced metabolism
Ninja'd out, full black garb, katana, paired weapons, silenced pistols.
He's crazy, will be rolling a random insanity every other level.
I'm not happy with him, outside of combat he's just a trouble maker for the group

Pigman: Bronson (American)
A mutant Elephant with physical and pilot skill sets
Full hands, full biped, full speech, bonus PS, natural armor
Heavy weapons, has a fifty cal, bazooka and lots of backup weapons.
Has a nearly 40 str from an amazing roll, physical skills and the bonus PS
Only character allowed to take boxing!

Marine-ops: Irvine (Australian)
A mutant crocodile with physical and military skill sets (my character)
Full hands, partial biped, partial speech, light armor, hold breath, size 8
Demo-man and underwater operations. Couldn't afford the super swim in bio-e points so I took physical skills. Wrestling (pin is amazing!) prowl, pilot boats.
Everything he owns is waterproof, he wears a wetsuit material shirt and shorts, carries a dive knife on a bandolier-toolbelt , a speargun and c4.

First mission was to board an oil rig off the coast of India, recover some data from the main severs and then sink the rig.

We inserted through zodiak raft, save tweak who "paraglided" in, under cover of darkness. Tweak and Samson began looking for the servers (on a fantastically drawn dry erase map) while Noble and Bronson took up good defensive positions for when the firefight would break out. I swam under the rig and began placing charges on the main supports. While underwater I noted that the rig was not drilling, and from the sediment and rust, hadn't been for some time.

Tweak, getting bored, came up behind a guard (tmnt gives you really good starting prowl!) and then started deadpooling him. Combat. He tore through a couple of mercs while making his way back to the main group.

Samson spent melee rounds looking for server room, eventually finding it and hacking into it. He had a blast, night vision and advanced hearing paid off when two hired mercs jumped his position. He shot at one, got his data, smashed through the window and glided off to the boat.

Noble tried to reign in tweak to no avail, while shooting up mercs. One got close enough to see Noble up close and after a fearsome roar was sent running. Nobles player wished he got to do more, but he did plan the whole assault and call the shots over the comm sets, so In the end he was happy.

Bronson left cover, mowed down a few mercs before deciding to just toss them off the rig as it was only two actions instead of the five or six to shoot them to death. He took the most damage by far.

I finished the charges and headed back to the boat (at the foot of the only ladder up to the rig I knew of). Our boat had been boarded by a merc. I did a swim check and came firing out of the water, grabbed him in my jaws (boom 18, pinned!) and we had ourselves a hostage.

Samson returned first, followed by the rest of the crew after the combats were cleaned up and we set sail for home.

We will interrogate the survivor and do another mission of some kinds hopefully this Friday.

I'm worried that tweaks player is going to have nothing to do if we have a slow combat night, all he has are phys and WPs. This kid ruins games when bored....

Other than that I'm super happy with this game. It's an oldy but goody.

That sounds like a totally fun game. We've got a "Tweak" in the Rifts game I'm playing now...only thing that character is good for is combat, and so far combat is fairly sparse, so he just makes a ******* out of himself when he's bored. Kinda hope his character gets killed so he can either make a more useful one or not play (I know that's awful, but he's literally screwing the game up as is). Anyway, I'd love to hear more after your next session...I wish someone around here would run a ATB or old school TMNT game!
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

Sounds pretty cool, so far...gotta love those grenadier goats!
TheEvilDM
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Started with Fantasy & TMNT in '88.

Unread post by TheEvilDM »

I will starting up a game soon using the original TMNT&OS rules core book.
- TheEvilDM
RailGuns & Dragons - Palladium RPGS!My Youtube Series Exploring Palladium products
Actual Plays Podcast - Can be found on all major Podcast platforms and youtube!
Beyond Earths - A Palladium Actual Play Podcast
- Season 1 DeadWinter- a Dead Reign Day 0 start
- Season 2 Heroes Unlimited Campaign!
- Season 3 Palladium Fantasy 1e (Current Season)
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Estalies wrote:
AlucardD20 wrote:I will starting up a game soon using the original TMNT&OS rules core book.

Probably the best set of rules ever!

Original original or Revised Original?

The Oh So Amazing Nate!

TheEvilDM
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Started with Fantasy & TMNT in '88.

Unread post by TheEvilDM »

Original original or Revised Original?

Original black font cover rules :)
- TheEvilDM
RailGuns & Dragons - Palladium RPGS!My Youtube Series Exploring Palladium products
Actual Plays Podcast - Can be found on all major Podcast platforms and youtube!
Beyond Earths - A Palladium Actual Play Podcast
- Season 1 DeadWinter- a Dead Reign Day 0 start
- Season 2 Heroes Unlimited Campaign!
- Season 3 Palladium Fantasy 1e (Current Season)

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”