New Bio-Enhancement developed by House Hammond

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kakuma
Wanderer
Comment: ""It is by will alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of saphoo that thoughts acquire speed, The lips acquire stain, The stain becomes a warning. It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.""

New Bio-Enhancement developed by House Hammond

Unread post by Kakuma »

Biological Defense: Bio-Enhancement developed by House Hammond.

Osteoderms: Osteoderms look just like the armor plates found on the back of the Stegosaurus. That's where the similarities end. They come in three sizes: small ones are roughly the size of a tea cup saucer (30 M.D.C. each), medium is about the size of a dinner plate (40 M.D.C. each), and large is around the size of a serving platter (50 M.D.C. each). An extra large plate (60 M.D.C. each) is available for War Mounts only. In a normal resting state they will stick out at a roughly perpendicular angle to the part of the body they grow from. But in order to save space or allow the Host Armor to squeeze into or thru small or tight areas the muscles that connect at the base of each osteoderm can be mentally commanded to lay and stay flat against the body. They are most often bought as an additional form of armor although with a lot of practice the plates can be used to aid in underwater swimming by acting like flippers or paddles.

One large plate can fit on the upper arm or thigh and one on each forearm or lower leg. Two total on the chest and stomach or back. Few Splicers will get large plates any where but they're back.

Two medium plates can fit on the upper arm or thigh and one on each forearm or lower leg. Four total on the chest and stomach or back. Not many Splicers will get them on their fronts

Three small plates can fit on the upper arm or thigh and three on each forearm or lower leg. Two rows of six total on the chest and stomach or back.

Osteoderms are very rarely grown on the chest or stomach because of the potential for interference with psychical skills. If they are grown on the front of the body the plates are always split open and laying flush to the surface and there is no additional cost. This will limit or interfere with ranged weapons such as the Omega Blaster. Osteoderms are an enhancement available for more then just Host Armors. They can be bought for War Mounts, Living Body Armor, Proto-Host Armor, Wing Packs, Gorehounds and Biotics. Archangels will occasionally purchase large or medium plates attached to lower legs of their Living Body Armor to act as stabilizers i.e. tail fins/rudders to enhance flight control at high speeds or during aerial stunts, if this is the case then the split enhancement comes automatically at no extra cost. Damaged or destroyed plates regenerates in 24 hours.

Bio-E Cost:

Small: 5 points per osteoderm

Medium: 10 points per osteoderm

Large: 15 points per osteoderm

Extra Large: 25 points per osteoderm

For an additional 2 points per osteoderm they can be made to split in half. Both halves Will be made to lay flush with the surface they are attached to. When split each half has half it's total M.D.C. (Thus small plates that are split have 15 M.D.C. per half.)

For another 3 points each they can become energy absorption panels with double the surface area when split open. This enhancement is often added to those who have the photon infusion cannon or other energy expulsion weapons.

Prerequisite: None for the basic solid plate osteoderm.

Please let me know what you think. :)
"Remember, remember the fifth of November.
Gunpowder, Treason and Plot.
I see no reason why Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot."
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: New Bio-Enhancement developed by House Hammond

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Very nice. I hope we get more of "House Hammond's" bio developments. So is "Richard "Hamster" Hammond" part of the house? (He is from the British version of "Top Gear.")
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Unread post by krispy »

This could be a practical enhancement for artillery style creations like the Behemoth to give a little more protection, they could be grown on the top of the shoulders of quadruped WM to provide some protection for the Outrider
connecting the dots
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

How about missile weaponry?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE

Return to “Splicers®”