Question about the church(es)

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TheGameMaster
Explorer

Question about the church(es)

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

I have this great idea for a campaign (Unfortunately I have no players). I’m still fleshing out details, but it’s to the point where I could easily get the group going. One of the things I need to know is if the churches (specifically the Church of Light and the Church of Dark) have a leader like the Catholic’s have the Pope? I have most of the books, but I don’t recall seeing anything about this. If there is a page where it mentions this please let me know.
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Re: Question about the church(es)

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

TheGameMaster wrote:I have this great idea for a campaign (Unfortunately I have no players). I’m still fleshing out details, but it’s to the point where I could easily get the group going. One of the things I need to know is if the churches (specifically the Church of Light and the Church of Dark) have a leader like the Catholic’s have the Pope? I have most of the books, but I don’t recall seeing anything about this. If there is a page where it mentions this please let me know.

Yes.

His name is U'Selekma and he is mentioned, along with some other important members of the church of light and dark, on page 135 of Dragons & Gods. If you're running an adventure based around the Church of Light and Dark, or any church, you really need to get this book!
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Soldier of Od wrote:
TheGameMaster wrote:I have this great idea for a campaign (Unfortunately I have no players). I’m still fleshing out details, but it’s to the point where I could easily get the group going. One of the things I need to know is if the churches (specifically the Church of Light and the Church of Dark) have a leader like the Catholic’s have the Pope? I have most of the books, but I don’t recall seeing anything about this. If there is a page where it mentions this please let me know.

Yes.

His name is U'Selekma and he is mentioned, along with some other important members of the church of light and dark, on page 135 of Dragons & Gods. If you're running an adventure based around the Church of Light and Dark, or any church, you really need to get this book!

For once I agree of SoO. It is a must have purchase!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
TheGameMaster
Explorer

I do have this book so I'm good there. My campaign was is kind of set up as Church of Light vs Church of Dark. So is there a seperate person for each of these chruches. If there isn't, I'll just roll someone up
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

No one for those churches. Let us know your NPC cos we might want to use them!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Will do. Might take me a couple of day, but I should have the time since I broke my foot last night lol
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No.
The so called church of dark and light is not a church as per the catholic hierarchy. It follows the Greek model where each god has it's own temples and followers.

Each group might have an over all leader for the followers of that god/goddess. But mostly it is each city/town will have it's own top guy/gal for that god's/goddess' followers in that city/town.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Veknironth
Hero

Unread post by Veknironth »

Well, if you look in the Old ones book, there is a Cardinal in Old Timiro that apparently runs the entire Church of Light and Dark in the Timiro Kingdom.

-Vek
"At least, I think that's right."
zyanitevp
Champion
Comment: Check out our Twitch stream!

Unread post by zyanitevp »

I am actually running a Church of Light/Dark based game, and I highly suggest the Dragons & Gods book!!
I have named the bishops differently for some areas, and the same for others. Each world book typically tells where worship is high or low. I also highly recommend checking out the Western Empire's Middle Kingdoms for great church drama.
I also made Sekti-Abtu and Cynopolis real, and put them on my map.
Link is in my signature!
Broadcasting live twitchtv
My Twitter
Now Playing Savage Rifts as a Trimadore TechnoWizard
Image Image
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Thank you all for the help. I'll be rolling up the NPCs I need but you all have been a lot of help

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”