The Richest Mystic in the Megaverse (Thanks to the FED)

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

The Richest Mystic in the Megaverse (Thanks to the FED)

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Rifter #36, Madhaven... Federal Reserve... the equivalent of 270 billion credits... practically unobtainable...

Unless you have Astral Projection and Dimensional Portal.

Without any mystical protection the Fed is easy money... if you can find the damned thing. Which again, is made possible through the psychic power Remote Viewing or many many uses of Astral Projection. :lol:
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Re: The Richest Mystic in the Megaverse (Thanks to the FED)

Unread post by Anthar »

Don't forget all the psychic monsters in Madhaven or the psychic aura that drives outsiders insane.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

That is the kind of thing I was hoping to get input on. Like, is anything actually stopping this?

Because its like WAY smater and better than digging and having to spend weeks trying to get through the walls. Just... see it... memorize it... port in! Take as much gold as you can shove through the dimensional portal and then leave a billionaire. Making the lives of all those who had perished before you seem like a bad joke.
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Reread Remote Viewing. It would be nigh useless in helping one locate the Fed.

~ Josh
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Reread Remote Viewing. It would be nigh useless in helping one locate the Fed.

~ Josh

I'll check that out in the afternoon, sun is up so that means its time for all good Akashic Soldier's to go to bed.

Astral Projection could still work in its first application though, right?

Remote viewing is the power that will let you say "FED GOLD" and then look at it, right?
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

If you've figured that out, then a dragon has figured it out sooner. Enjoy your empty vault.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I'd say there's enough astral predators and ghosts lurking around MadHaven to EAT your astrally projected buttocks(and the rest of your soul, too!"
Make sure your will has directions for what your friends are to do with your empty body.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Seriously; there is a reason ONLY the Ghost Rider tribe, the mutants and the White Rose order have taken over SMALL parts of Manhat -ahem- Madhaven.
It is the closest you are ever going to come to WH40 style chaos-in-real-space (Re; The Sabbat worlds), and unless you have a legion of psi-nulls to back you up, GOOD LUCK!
No way you're getting to the fed reserve. :demon: Well, no way with your soul / body / mind etc intact that is.
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

anapuna wrote:so forget the fed. go for fort knox, america's gold repository. gold last longer than notes. also side note i remember hearing around maybe 2005, that fort knox has not been fully and/or independantly inventoried since the 70s. so it may be empty by 2089. ha ha.

"That stuff? We shovelled it into the banks back in the '10s...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

anapuna wrote:so forget the fed. go for fort knox, america's gold repository. gold last longer than notes. also side note i remember hearing around maybe 2005, that fort knox has not been fully and/or independantly inventoried since the 70s. so it may be empty by 2089. ha ha.

The Federal Reserve Bank they are talking about in Manhattan has gold bars stored in it. A lot of gold bars. They're/we're not talking about bank notes but a large repository of gold.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Akashic Soldier wrote:Remote viewing is the power that will let you say "FED GOLD" and then look at it, right?

Nope. You need a photo, and even then it limits your field of view to either what a person in the photo is currently seeing or what is going on currently in the area of the photo. And I do mean just the area - if you had a picture of your bedroom, you'd only be able to look about the bedroom.

~ Josh
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Re:

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:Remote viewing is the power that will let you say "FED GOLD" and then look at it, right?

Nope. You need a photo, and even then it limits your field of view to either what a person in the photo is currently seeing or what is going on currently in the area of the photo. And I do mean just the area - if you had a picture of your bedroom, you'd only be able to look about the bedroom.

~ Josh

and the chances of finding a pre-rifts photo of a bar of gold within the reserve before the cataclysm would prolly be hard right?

Like I just googled these:

http://cache.wists.com/thumbnails/4/34/ ... 623de-orig

http://www.teaparty.org/images/posts/813.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TLFGfV_nhoI/T ... lt_nyc.jpg

But no internet in the future right? :(
Stupid Orbies stealin my interweb! :lol:
Josh Sinsapaugh

You would see the area around where the bar of gold is... a pitch black sealed vault with no visible exits - providing no clues whatsoever as to where the vault is located.

It would be like if I took a picture of the inside of my broom closet. From that, you simply would not be able to infer where my house is.

~ Josh
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:You would see the area around where the bar of gold is... a pitch black sealed vault with no visible exits - providing no clues whatsoever as to where the vault is located.

It would be like if I took a picture of the inside of my broom closet. From that, you simply would not be able to infer where my house is.

~ Josh

In theory though so long as you can see that darkness you can create a dimensional rift to it or port there. :)

But yeah finding a picture would be next to impossible unless you got lucky in an old encyclopedia.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Akashic Soldier wrote:That is the kind of thing I was hoping to get input on. Like, is anything actually stopping this?

Hearing about the treasure in the first place.
Hearing accurate information about it.
Finding a picture to use Remote Viewing on, and hoping that the picture is accurate enough to work.
If you're astrally traveling, you'll probably run into all kinds of astral nasties. Plenty of ghosts and such around Madhaven.
And, of course, there might be something IN the vault other than gold.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:You would see the area around where the bar of gold is... a pitch black sealed vault with no visible exits - providing no clues whatsoever as to where the vault is located.

~ Josh

In theory though so long as you can see that darkness you can create a dimensional rift to it or port there. :)

But yeah finding a picture would be next to impossible unless you got lucky in an old encyclopedia.

Even then, wouldn't the picture have to be accurate? There was a cataclysm and three centuries of zero upkeep from when the picture was taken and when your PCs find it. Then there's the issue of if there was any remodeling from when the picture was taken to the CotR, if anything was moved around during that time frame, whether or not the building it's in collapsed and crushed it, and finally, if it was still there after all this time.
Akashic Soldier
Knight

The Beast wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

~ Josh

Even then, wouldn't the picture have to be accurate? There was a cataclysm and three centuries of zero upkeep from when the picture was taken and when your PCs find it. Then there's the issue of if there was any remodeling from when the picture was taken to the CotR, if anything was moved around during that time frame, whether or not the building it's in collapsed and crushed it, and finally, if it was still there after all this time.

The trick is not to have a picture for the vault but having the picture of the vault with the gold so you can focus on a single gold bar. It wont change. So even if the vault does youll see the gold bar and coincidentally just wherever it happens to be. I'm just going to rule in my Megaverse a crazed old dragon lives in the vault. Driven mad by his obsession with the gold, living in the dark all these years and Mad Haven. That should solve the "problem."
Josh Sinsapaugh

Akashic Soldier wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Akashic Soldier wrote:

~ Josh

The trick is not to have a picture for the vault but having the picture of the vault with the gold so you can focus on a single gold bar. It wont change. So even if the vault does youll see the gold bar and coincidentally just wherever it happens to be.

You wouldn't be able to focus on a single gold bar, that's not how the power works. It's either a person or a location. Not inanimate objects at the location.

~ Josh
taalismn
Priest

Smashed wrote:Bah, finding the FED gold is the relativity easy part (if by easy you mean spending millions in gathering accurate information and the proper tools, then wading through hell on earth, incurring 80%+ causalities and madness) , the hard part is getting it away from the group of super-charged tectonic entities without vaporizing it all. (Just ask the only survivor of my parties attempt at making an "easy" score, that is if you can catch during the lucid minute he has each day.)

"Ah...are gold bars normally stored in humanoid-shaped piles like that?...." :shock:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Finding it isn't the only problem remember after the tsunamis first hit, Manhattan then was thrust 1000' and then dropped 500 feet.
That vault is pulverized just from the movement of all the gold and then you have the quakes after that there won't be any intact room to view around.
Your no longer looking for a pile of gold bars, your looking for a very large and very, very heavy lump of gold after it pulverized itself into one nasty clump like clay.
The only thing I see getting to that lump in one piece is an earth elemental.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Akashic Soldier wrote:Rifter #36, Madhaven... Federal Reserve... the equivalent of 270 billion credits... practically unobtainable...

Unless you have Astral Projection and Dimensional Portal.

Without any mystical protection the Fed is easy money... if you can find the damned thing. Which again, is made possible through the psychic power Remote Viewing or many many uses of Astral Projection. :lol:

im glad you're enjoying the challenge of finding the old Madhaven treasures.
it's very in-depth; you could build a whole campaign around it.

Return to “Rifts®”