Lazlo Society Gallery II

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Holister
Adventurer

Re: Lazlo Society Gallery II

Unread post by Holister »

This is the pic I use for Ben {character sheet, rank & file, etc.}

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ben_holister/6601259193/sizes/l/in/photostream/
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

It's usually pretty hard to find actors with blue hair and all black eyes so I never bothered with this for Cybermancer before. After the recent facelift however, a possibility presents itself. Originally I thought that possibility would be Josh Brolin. However some people I used to game with have objected vehemently at that choice and so I have been persuaded to change.

Based on their recommendations, I'll be going with Colin Farrel, though Cybermancer has Blue eyes, not brown. And he doesn't currently have his ears pierced.

With a bit of facial hair.

He might also have a thing for blondes. Apparently.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

Added Cybermancer, Darcy, Gotham Witch; bios needed. Removed dead links, including DarKnyht (Ryan Reynolds), FriarJohn (unk.), Hollister (fmr Hugh Jackman), Mr. E. (Basil Rathbone), Michael T. (Gary Oldman), and Slayer (Christian Bale).

I apologize for the delay.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Hibik
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Hibik »

Gotham Witch: Arcanist, Part time photographer, freelance supernatural consultant and troubleshooter, and reluctant detective. Operates out of New York City.
Come, come, whoever you are,
Wanderer, idolater, worshiper of fire,
Come even though you have broken your vows a thousand times,
Come, and come yet again.
Ours is not a caravan of despair. - Rumi
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Lt. Joe : Joe Begay, Navajo Nation Police Officer. associate of Mr. E, rarely operates outside of the four corners region due to job.
Joe at a formal event
Joe on the job, alongside coworker Jim TsoTse

and yes, i am basing them off of the Joe Leaphorn, Jim Chee characters from Hillerman's novels.. though i'm doing a lot of mix and match between them and adding stuff from my own experience with the area's people.
interesting bit is that the second picture comes from a PBS production of Hillerman's Skinwalkers novel, so Mr. Wes Studi up there pretty much was an ideal choice. even if the actor is Cherokee, not navajo. :) (his appearance is close enough to the navajo i met that he pulls it off well.)

and here is an updated pic for Mr. E.
i'm switching to Jeremy Brett because i can find his pics in somewhat modern color, making them look more like actual recent photographs. thankfully he looks similar to my preferred actor.

i expect to be adding a few new characters in the future i'll post updates as i go.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Updated.
As seen in Rifter 20
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer
Comment: Defiling Heir

Unread post by Boethermsbrukan »

Uberbump, I admit, but seeing as NMI has kindly set up my Lazlo Society account, I thought I'd ask: would it be appropriate for me, once I've got the picture photographed and P'shopped, to upload it to my Imgur (image hoster) and post the link to Maximillian Humanity's picture in here? (Yes, that's his name. o_o) I recognize a reasonable number of the actors used in the previously-posted pictures, and I don't know whether or not a 'custom' picture of one's character is appropriate.

-Boe.
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

If it feels good do it, even if you shouldn't. Don't let life push you around.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer

Cybermancer wrote:If it feels good do it, even if you shouldn't. Don't let life push you around.

Cybermancer;

It's very kind of you to have put your reply like that. I meant more that I didn't want to whip up the picture (it'll start as a photograph of myself, costumed for the character's description) and find out that it wouldn't be appropriate to use anything other than a stock photo of a person I thought best fit my character's description (as seems to be the de rigeur for most of the characters listed above). I'm definitely going to make the picture, I just wanted to make sure it was following the rules of the Gallery.

Again, thanks kindly for posting me back about it. I don't let life push me around, I give it a reason to share my journey!

-Boe.
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Sure, Boe. I don't check the boards as often as I did, but I'll keep an eye out for your next post so I can add it.
As seen in Rifter 20
Boethermsbrukan
Explorer

Sir Neil wrote:Sure, Boe. I don't check the boards as often as I did, but I'll keep an eye out for your next post so I can add it.

Sir Neil, good evening!

I'm afraid I haven't gotten up off my duff and done my 'selfie shoot' in costume; although I seem to have my DSLR's timer function clear in my mind (which I'll need, since I'll be busy posing different angles and not directly behind it). The good news is that my costume is more or less complete; Max Humanity is a Psi-Mechanic, and his get-up is partly inspired by Kevin Long's drawing header for that P.C.C. in the BTS 1st Ed. mainbook, which I have a well-loved copy of. Still difficult to push through my mind that it's been ten years since I picked it up at a local convention (science-fiction/media as opposed to RPG; I've only been to one of the latter) here in town.

Anyroad, I'll try and have something more concrete than 'in the works' the next time I post you. I'll put up the finished photograph on my Imgur account and textlink it in here, when that's done. Thanks for your patience, and both your and Cybermancer's kind encouragement!

-Boe.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”