What 3 galaxies/Phase world books do you want to see Next?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What 3 galaxies/Phase world books do you want to see Next?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me what 3 Galaxies/Phase world book do you want to see Next?

I would like to see two books on Corkscrew galaxy,it,s the bigest one out of the 3.

What do you want to see?
DBX
Hero

Re: What 3 galaxies/Phase world books do you want to see Next?

Unread post by DBX »

UWW book

Warlock Marines Source Book &/or Adventure book

Warlock Marines Short Story anthology
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Braden's "Life in the Space Lanes" book.

I want me some "player character" ships. More fighters, corvettes, patrol ships, picket ships, gunboats, scout ships, tramp freighters, light freighter, runner ships, etc.

Also more on runners, pirates, maybe contract police security forces (like the TMC from AU:GG), tramp freighter captains, etc.

More on the economics of small merchant ships and smugglers (how much is a typical "contract" to carry goods. What kind of goods are typically carried. Maybe some basic market prices of different goods (IE a ton of basic food stuffs, basic ore, refined metals, low tech goods, textiles, etc). How do pirates dispose of captured ships, or even privateers for that matter.

Maybe an example or two of Smuggler/Runner ports of call (A la a Mos Eisely of the 3G), maybe an example or two of Pirate/Privateer ports of call (IE a Pirate world that handles liquidation of ships, goods and sometimes even sentients).
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

What Az said.
REALLY getting sick of just seeing mega-corporation / Gubermint Military cap-ships everywhere and nothing for the "common man/woman/hermaphrodite/nueter".

That, and hard fast number crunching ship building rules (or a reliable conversion system from AU:GG to Tri-gal standards).
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Furoan
Wanderer

Unread post by Furoan »

What Az said.

Some rules on planetary bombardment (magical or not), if only from the 'only super capitals can do this' or such. From the top of my head I'm not sure if there is any real rules for it other than the Dominators ships, and even then they seem like they would take forever to level a modern city, let alone the mega cities I expect planets in the Three Galaxies would have.

Actually, even aside from the 'how much does a typical smuggling run make' etc, some more information on the economic situation would be interesting.
azazel1024
Champion

DhAkael wrote:What Az said.
REALLY getting sick of just seeing mega-corporation / Gubermint Military cap-ships everywhere and nothing for the "common man/woman/hermaphrodite/nueter".

That, and hard fast number crunching ship building rules (or a reliable conversion system from AU:GG to Tri-gal standards).

Yes, this too. I am a little torn between wanting decent, works in 80+% of situation ship building rules, tables, and equipment (like AU:GG, but for 3G) more or the stated out ships, more classes, ports of call, smuggling and merchant economy rules, etc for "the small guy".

Heck with the ship building stuff, I'd be just delighted if it only just worked with ships from say 500-10,000 tons or something like that. Now universal rules would be great, but I can live with "small ship" construction rules. Just something so that I can at least quickly come up with a custom design for a PC group who wants to contract a ship yard to build them their shiny new patrol ship or freighter, or maybe come up w/ some obscure alien races "stock" customs frigate or something. The big ships I can live with "canned" classes easily enough, and even with starfighters I can as well. Its the tramp frieghter/patrol ship sized up through small frigates, destroyers, medium/light freighters, etc that I really want construction rules for.

I know I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I am not disappointed with what I have been getting for Phase World/3G setting. I like it, I use a lot of it and it helps. Its just one of those I really, really love chocolate cake and I am getting vanillia cake. I like me some vanilla cake. I am not going to turn my nose up at it. Sometimes Vanilla cake even hits the spot, but really, I want to nom me some chocolate cake.

So can I have chocolate cake soon? Please, pretty, pretty please? :-D
cl7277
Wanderer

Unread post by cl7277 »

I like what DBX wants. UWW I a book I have been waiting for, for some time now. It would I think make for a great addition to the 3 galaxies.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

UWW, thank you very much. Lets get this book that we should have had ages ago.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
wyrmraker
Hero

Unread post by wyrmraker »

A book on ship construction, books dedicated to the various governments, and the non-terran Naruni Enterprises catalog. After all, the only real non-ship Naruni gear we see is for Rifts Earth. The stuff in Phase World is reprinted from South America, and Naruni Wave Two is supposed to be only for Rifts Earth; many of these products are made with earthlings specifically in mind.
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

I'd like to see more about the UWW and Alexandria in particular.
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

Hi there!

azazel1024 wrote:

Yes, this too. I am a little torn between wanting decent, works in 80+% of situation ship building rules, tables, and equipment (like AU:GG, but for 3G) more or the stated out ships, more classes, ports of call, smuggling and merchant economy rules, etc for "the small guy".

And the bold part might include some rules how to sneak into a guarded system - either with a cargo of spice or a bunch of corporate
assasins.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Your Local Lurker. THAT'S the Reality.....

Email: Chronos47@gmail.com

Unread post by Chronicle »

A collective series on the 3 major power blocks.

1: major worlds
2: histories
3: Lore
4: Popular Belief
5: Hot spots
6: Maps (3G's map's of the held terriotries)
Your local Lurker and Temporal Wizard Extrodinaire,

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Where is the wood in Wormwood.

"How Are you a Super Power" -Sterling Archer
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

DBX wrote:UWW book

Warlock Marines Source Book &/or Adventure book

Warlock Marines Short Story anthology

+1 for UWW.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

azazel1024 wrote:Braden's "Life in the Space Lanes" book.

I want me some "player character" ships. More fighters, corvettes, patrol ships, picket ships, gunboats, scout ships, tramp freighters, light freighter, runner ships, etc.

Also more on runners, pirates, maybe contract police security forces (like the TMC from AU:GG), tramp freighter captains, etc.

More on the economics of small merchant ships and smugglers (how much is a typical "contract" to carry goods. What kind of goods are typically carried. Maybe some basic market prices of different goods (IE a ton of basic food stuffs, basic ore, refined metals, low tech goods, textiles, etc). How do pirates dispose of captured ships, or even privateers for that matter.

Maybe an example or two of Smuggler/Runner ports of call (A la a Mos Eisely of the 3G), maybe an example or two of Pirate/Privateer ports of call (IE a Pirate world that handles liquidation of ships, goods and sometimes even sentients).

I would agree with this. One problem I have on the phase world setting is a lot of it seems focused on the very big picture of high end political issues or big fleet type settings and not a lot of data for small group type vehicles/setting.

While I loved the fleets of the three galaxies book my players while they may get to ride on such ships once in a blue moon sure as hell are not going to be commanding them any time soon. In most of the exiting books there really is not a whole lot of ships listed with a crew of 3-8 that are actually FTL capable. Bring on the sock light freighter/firefly type vessels that would be reasonable for a party to own and adventure in. Something like this could match up very well with the new thundercloud setting.
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

I'm working on it, guys.

;)
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

azazel1024 wrote:

Heck with the ship building stuff, I'd be just delighted if it only just worked with ships from say 500-10,000 tons or something like that. Now universal rules would be great, but I can live with "small ship" construction rules. Just something so that I can at least quickly come up with a custom design for a PC group who wants to contract a ship yard to build them their shiny new patrol ship or freighter, or maybe come up w/ some obscure alien races "stock" customs frigate or something. The big ships I can live with "canned" classes easily enough, and even with starfighters I can as well. Its the tramp frieghter/patrol ship sized up through small frigates, destroyers, medium/light freighters, etc that I really want construction rules for.

I know I've said this before, and I'll say it again, I am not disappointed with what I have been getting for Phase World/3G setting. I like it, I use a lot of it and it helps. Its just one of those I really, really love chocolate cake and I am getting vanillia cake. I like me some vanilla cake. I am not going to turn my nose up at it. Sometimes Vanilla cake even hits the spot, but really, I want to nom me some chocolate cake.

So can I have chocolate cake soon? Please, pretty, pretty please? :-D

It would be nice to have a combo of the creation tables and stock ships. In the starwars universe you have the millenium falcon which is a stock light freighter chassis that has been heavily modified over time and 10 years after purchase almost no two stock light freighters look the exactally the same. Have a good selection of base chasis packages and rules for upgrading them with new engines/weapons/ what not.

Would give a good way to start players off with some decent managable spaceship thats not either just a in system ship or a warship that with time and adventuring they can upgrade how they want to be the fastest hunk of junk in the three galaxies!
Galroth
Adventurer

Unread post by Galroth »

Braden Campbell wrote:I'm working on it, guys.

;)

Tease!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I do not think space ship can be the size of a car,other then fighters.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gaby wrote:I do not think space ship can be the size of a car,other then fighters.

*A-hem!*
The Doctor would like to have a word with you about that.
Not to mention some six-inch aliens.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

taalismn wrote:
gaby wrote:I do not think space ship can be the size of a car,other then fighters.

*A-hem!*

But if you measure the inside of the tardis it is much bigger then a police box.

6" aliens..... hummm.... not quite sure where you got that one. The only Idea would be ether Meet Dave or MIB 1.

Now if you are talking about what a proper sized surface to space to surface shuttle should be (not using much story telling magic), then nothing smaller then a 747.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
azazel1024
Champion

Braden Campbell wrote:I'm working on it, guys.

;)

Work faster :D
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
taalismn wrote:[

*A-hem!*

But if you measure the inside of the tardis it is much bigger then a police box.

6" aliens..... hummm.... not quite sure where you got that one. The only Idea would be ether Meet Dave or MIB 1.

The TARDIS is a gimme, but it shows how nested space/time can queer definitions of spacecraft by size.

In Palladium's Aliens Unlimited there's a group of toad-like aliens who routinely use the power of Size Control to go around in battleships about six feet long, then troop out and restore themselves to full size, along with their equipment, and beat the snot out of people. I've posted several smaller than normal aliens with their own technology who zip around in small scale spacecraft, including what other folks would call FTL courier torpedoes by size.

Over in the Starships Thread, we were messing around with car-sized 'stellacommuttas' and even lounge-chair-scale FTL fighters of VERY advanced design
Why?
Because we CAN! :D
But while most starships/spacecraft are going to be of at least the size of an F-15 and bigger, having those Elder Races pop up in personal starships the size of armchairs nakes for a dramatic illustration of the technological disparity between YOU and THEM(remember that, as you recall how you used your jetpack to zip around and taunt those backwater barbarians in their big blimp above their world).
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

Well now that someone added the Central Alliance, we need space Bionics.......

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

Khord - Lizard Mage
Explorer

Unread post by Khord - Lizard Mage »

Anything as long as it has new Phase powers!
"It's not just a Race, it's an occupation." - Khord

"Fear the Evil Red D20" - R.I.P. Arne Karl Swenson
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Maybe a book on Tech it can give info on both space and planet side tech,A few civilains,s vehicles,space bionics and so on.
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Warriors of the Megaverse Unite !

Unread post by Princedarkstorm »

I have two suggestions .... The United Worlds of Warlocks ! Or the Cosmo Knights!
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

There have been some great suggestions. I'd like to have the final book on the Third Galaxy. And more things on small starship, stock light freighters, Fireflies and pirates also.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

True on the starships and gear . But those appear on almost every book .
Chronicle
Megaversal® Ambassador

Space ship creation rules and costs. That would be nice. From All classes. Call it Fleets 2 or something.

Chronicle

Cosmic Forge or bust.

Love me some Phood

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Chronicle wrote:Space ship creation rules and costs. That would be nice. From All classes. Call it Fleets 2 or something.

Seconded.
that was the one thing about Fleets that I was [b]GREATLY[/b] disappointed in. Heck, even a plug for 'Aliens Unlimmited: Galaxy guide' with hard & fast *looks around for the KS before uttering "C" word* conversions rules for using the AU:GG ship building rules-set into 3-galaxies.

Oh well. *shrug*
I guess THAT will never happen; seems like the free-lancers are pathelogicaly a-feared of actualy doing number crunching, so stick with the "guidelines" route :P

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

i go with that!
Aramanthus
Monk

I think it was a good book. But I still use all of my stuff, Kitsune's stuff and the material from the Spaceship thread here on the boards.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Aramanthus wrote:I think it was a good book. But I still use all of my stuff, Kitsune's stuff and the material from the Spaceship thread here on the boards.

Welcome back my shield brother !
Aramanthus
Monk

Thank you my shield brother. I seem to be back and on a regular basis.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Hooray ! [BEARHUG to Aramanthus ] Should we rejoin with the others ?
Aramanthus
Monk

But of course my shield brother! I have been joining the others. I just have to get into the other forums.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

GRINS :D
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

that would be cool !
Aramanthus
Monk

There is a thread for RCCs. I think you should check those out. There are a lot of very cool races. Look for it and then down load all of the races you like and use them in your game. And then you can add some of your own.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

Canon is good BUt home brew you avoid I AM THE UBER member of the race from the dreaded rule lawyers . Yeah kinda in a weird mood today . CHEERS
Solarius
D-Bee

Unread post by Solarius »

The Cosmo Knight material that was supposed to be in Heroes of the Megaverse would be nice
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I would like to see 3 Galaxies: The 4th Galaxy! :frust:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Aramanthus
Monk

You'd have to talk to either KS or Braden. You never know.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

If I recall C.Dean Hoover was writing a Three Galaxy sourcebook ?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

To my complete an abject horror .. I find that no one even mentioned 1 race that poses thee most danger to 90% of the Phase world setting ..

The Necrol ..

I want more on those bad dudes asap .. they more then any other race have intrigued me since I first seen them .. absolutely aw-some !!!!!!
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

YIKES

Very true!
Aramanthus
Monk

Hey Lenwen. Please start a new thread here on some new tech for them. And maybe some info on their society that isn't covered. I would read it.

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

True!
Aramanthus
Monk

I wonder if he did start that new thread???

HH....FIE
Princedarkstorm
Megaversal® Ambassador

No idea

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”