This will be NEW in Rifts Vampire Kingdoms

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: This will be NEW in Rifts Vampire Kingdoms

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Thank goodness I thought some idiot was going to say sparkly vampires... then I'd have to kill someone.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Zer0 Kay wrote:Thank goodness I thought some idiot was going to say sparkly vampires... then I'd have to kill someone.

Didn't you get the memo ?

The new vampires will have skin made of little diamonds. While in the sun at least... :mrgreen: :clown:
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Illendaver
Explorer
Comment: If your happy and you know it clap your hands!
Location: Behind the throne, Whispering my comment into the emperors ear...

Unread post by Illendaver »

Shark_Force wrote:kevin is going to say "i am writing a totally sucktastic book that you are all going to hate"

You know something..... I would read it, just to see what he thinks is sucktastic.... Who knows, It could be worth using in a oneshot game...
*McRipper said so*
Me: So, what all happened last time we played?
Friend: We went back to my place and got ROFL stomped by zombies.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

TechnoGothic wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:Thank goodness I thought some idiot was going to say sparkly vampires... then I'd have to kill someone.

Didn't you get the memo ?

The new vampires will have skin made of little diamonds. While in the sun at least... :mrgreen: :clown:

What an appropriate emote... your gonna die clown!!!
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Dunia
Adventurer

Unread post by Dunia »

sparkly vampires!
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Killer Cyborg wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:(though it doesn't sound like that based on what Kevin's been saying so far)

well it's not like kevin is going to say "i am writing a totally sucktastic book that you are all going to hate", is it? obviously kevin thinks it's good, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it. it isn't like there's any shortage of material to work on that would be forcing him to work on revising vampire kingdoms...

lol

Not just that he thinks it's good, but that it sounds like he's going to go into more detail on how vampires think and act.
Basically, it sounds like there's going to be more detail, and that sound promising.

I'm just not getting my hopes up about it. ;)

I thought we already knew how vampires thought and acted from Vampire Kingdoms? Jeb the Vampire Hunter; "If'n them thar blood suckers is gonna have yamond skin 'n' all thens I guess isa gonna hafta git out mah vamp huntin' rifle 'n' load me up summa them dyamond bullets isa got lyin' 'round thewse hare parts, Ayup!" :D (Yes, I know that was bad, it was intentional. I shall now accept your insults and booo's with good grace :lol: ).
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

keir451 wrote:I thought we already knew how vampires thought and acted from Vampire Kingdoms?

The subject was somewhat covered, but more depth could be quite interesting.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update

UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. Writing has been going great. I’m in what I call my “dynamo mode” in which I find myself writing at a furious pace. I gave Alex 40 pages to edit on Tuesday, 25 more on Wednesday and 25 today. Yep, I’m on a roll.

I’m also happy and excited about all the new material in this book. Even the descriptions for El Paso and Ciudad Juarez have been rewritten, updated and expanded. There is more and new material throughout. In the case of Juarez, the entire city-state is designed to be a springboard for adventure, not just a place to hangout or buy and sell stuff. I’m also developing the evil god Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness, who leads a rival Vampire Kingdom in the Yucatan. Plus the other Vampire Kingdoms, Archie Three, and all kinds of goodness! The new artwork by Bradshaw, Burles, Mumah and Wilson also rocks. Yes, I’ll be keeping much of the popular Kevin Long and Timothy Truman artwork, but there are a number of new illustrations. Heck, I probably should have named the book “New and improved!”

Camazotz :ok:

i think there should be more on his temple in Juarez and his H-men

hopefully they won't have forgetten Atlantis in all this

sons of Quetzalcoatl (SP?) and other heroic groups, human caravans.

was the date 110PA written previously an error, as in this weekly update it says updated to 109PA
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from PB's facebook page

Alex Marciniszyn
I've just completed another section of Vampire Kingdoms focusing on Ciudad Juarez. Someplace you really don't want to visit unless you're prepared. It turns out an old friend from the East Coast has taken an interest in the goings-on here, but I can't say more.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke: :nuke:

archie-3 and Camazotz teaming up
shemarrian H-men anyone
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

frogboy wrote:
keir451 wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:(though it doesn't sound like that based on what Kevin's been saying so far)

well it's not like kevin is going to say "i am writing a totally sucktastic book that you are all going to hate", is it? obviously kevin thinks it's good, otherwise he wouldn't be doing it. it isn't like there's any shortage of material to work on that would be forcing him to work on revising vampire kingdoms...

lol

Not just that he thinks it's good, but that it sounds like he's going to go into more detail on how vampires think and act.
Basically, it sounds like there's going to be more detail, and that sound promising.

I thought we already knew how vampires thought and acted from Vampire Kingdoms? Jeb the Vampire Hunter; "If'n them thar blood suckers is gonna have yamond skin 'n' all thens I guess isa gonna hafta git out mah vamp huntin' rifle 'n' load me up summa them dyamond bullets isa got lyin' 'round thewse hare parts, Ayup!" :D (Yes, I know that was bad, it was intentional. I shall now accept your insults and booo's with good grace :lol: ).

If you say so. You have spent a good deal of time crying about the fact that VK was being done, none of that was graceful. If you dont like thee book, dont buy it, but pleas stop crying about it.

If you're going to be rude do it in a PM. I'm not the only person who has expressed a lack of desire for VK and instead asked for other books that were promised us years ago. My hope is that the game creator will see reason (yeah right) and concentrate on the issues his consumers (the ones that keep him in business) are telling him are ruining his product. That way he can create a better product and get more sales from his consumers and have a more fun AND profitable business. Revising a book that does not need any revisions is a waste of money and time that could have been better spent elsewhere.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

frogboy wrote:[q

lol

If you say so. You have spent a good deal of time crying about the fact that VK was being done, none of that was graceful. If you dont like thee book, dont buy it, but pleas stop crying about it.[/quote]
If you're going to be rude do it in a PM. I'm not the only person who has expressed a lack of desire for VK and instead asked for other books that were promised us years ago. My hope is that the game creator will see reason (yeah right) and concentrate on the issues his consumers (the ones that keep him in business) are telling him are ruining his product. That way he can create a better product and get more sales from his consumers and have a more fun AND profitable business. Revising a book that does not need any revisions is a waste of money and time that could have been better spent elsewhere.[/quote]

Did not mean to be rude, and I agree that they need to do something about how they release books. I cant say for sure which books they are, but just about all of the ones I have seen have a promise or two about up coming world and source books that will be released but never are. And Palladium does neglect MAJOR characters in there books like Chi Town, Lazlo and all that. I have seen and herd a ton of gripes about it. It is obvious that the griping on the boards does no good. I wont PM stuff like complaints to other members, and if you are offended or feel put on the spot I apologize.[/quote][/quote][/quote]'s Ok! I don't really mind being put on the spot (it makes me have to look things up to refresh my constantly failing memeory. :lol:
Thoughas I think about it Archie (if it is Archie Alex is hinting at) getting involved witth the Vampires could be A GOOD THING.
Illendaver
Explorer

frogboy wrote:Intriguing. Care to venture a guess as to who it may be ?

Personally, I want to see a Xiticix swarm duke it out with the Vamps... Like, have a rift pop open somewhere near Veracruz and drop a Xiticix queen and a butt-ton of warriors and workers out, have them set up a hive, and then let them try to expand and fight the Vamps... have a group of heros "accidentally" walk into the middle of a warzone with about 50 savage vamps trying to catch a group of Xiticix... That would be cool.
*McRipper said so*
TechnoGothic
Knight

Archie3 or the Rebulicians most likely...
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Illendaver
Explorer

Could be Dunscon... A temporary pact with the Vamps to launch a whole new war on the CS?
*McRipper said so*
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

Grinning Demon wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:Vampires are vampires overall. Why does it need revision ? It doesn't.
Kevin should just release the Vampire Sourcebook to include any new information or ideas.
Now IF Kevin is actuall rewritting his Rifts Vampires 100% i could see rewritting the book. If he did, he should use the Rifter #49 Vampires as they are actually threats.

I'd rather see new Books than revised books. New Books can Update the timeline for areas related to them.

I think we NEED a Dinosaur Swamp 3. Two books on this important region simply isn't enough.

Rifts World Book 36: Romance in Dinosaur Swamp
*Sparkly emo vampire were-dinosaurs!
*New O.C.C.s, including the Lovelorn Barbarian, the Jilted Scout, and Mother-Approved Good Job and Family Car Driving Scout.
*New dinosaurs and dinosaur-like creatures including the Voluptuousraptor, and Sweetheartasaurus Rex.
*New and exciting locations, such as the Time Tunnels of Love, the mysterious Ruins of Make-Out Point.
*Rules for dating, inter-species erotica (may not be suitable for children under 13), and random-roll tables for post-breakup blues.
*Optional BIO-E rules for creating YOUR special someone-thing.
*M.D.C. Love Magic: NEW ORIGINS for why dinosaurs are M.D.C. creatures. We guarantee you'll LOVE it!
*NEW art by stunning new freelancer Sally Strawberry Unicornhearts
*Cover by Kevin Long
*Written by Belinda Fireheart McAlias, fresh from her scintillating series of Scottish romance novels, "Head in the MacClouds, Heart with My Homeland."
*Additional material by special surprise guest writers!
*Completely compatible with the rest of the Palladium Megaverse! Limited only by YOUR imagination!
Insert 400 character limit here.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Todd Yoho wrote:
Grinning Demon wrote:
TechnoGothic wrote:Vampires are vampires overall. Why does it need revision ? It doesn't.
Kevin should just release the Vampire Sourcebook to include any new information or ideas.
Now IF Kevin is actuall rewritting his Rifts Vampires 100% i could see rewritting the book. If he did, he should use the Rifter #49 Vampires as they are actually threats.

I'd rather see new Books than revised books. New Books can Update the timeline for areas related to them.

I think we NEED a Dinosaur Swamp 3. Two books on this important region simply isn't enough.

Rifts World Book 36: Romance in Dinosaur Swamp
*New O.C.C.s, including the Lovelorn Barbarian, the Jilted Scout, and Mother-Approved Good Job and Family Car Driving Scout.
*New dinosaurs and dinosaur-like creatures including the Voluptuousraptor, and Sweetheartasaurus Rex.
*New and exciting locations, such as the Time Tunnels of Love, the mysterious Ruins of Make-Out Point.
*Rules for dating, inter-species erotica (may not be suitable for children under 13), and random-roll tables for post-breakup blues.
*M.D.C. Love Magic: NEW ORIGINS for why dinosaurs are M.D.C. creatures. We guarantee you'll LOVE it!
*Cover by Kevin Long
*Written by Belinda Fireheart McAlias, fresh from her scintillating series of Scottish romance novels, "Head in the MacClouds, Heart with My Homeland."
*Completely compatible with the rest of the Palladium Megaverse! Limited only by YOUR imagination!

a most have for all Rifts fans
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Todd Yoho wrote:Rifts World Book 36: Romance in Dinosaur Swamp
*Cover by Kevin Long

a most have for all Rifts fans

I think it would sell, and maybe even to the female crowd of gamers....
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

sparky vampires, yes , they go great in my little dinosuars(think my little ponies but the ponies are dinosaurs) adventure i got planned all i need is dinosaur swamp 3
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

sparky vampires, yes , they go great in my little dinosuars(think my little ponies but the ponies are dinosaurs) adventure i got planned all i need is dinosaur swamp 3

SILENCE.... I, keel you :shock: ............. :shock: ................. :shock:
j/k
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Zer0 Kay wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

SILENCE.... I, keel you :shock: ............. :shock: ................. :shock:
j/k

:lol: ROTFLMAO Jeff Dunham ROCKS!!!!!
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Todd Yoho wrote:Rifts World Book 36: Romance in Dinosaur Swamp
*Cover by Kevin Long

Make sure you include a Random Colorful Euphemism chart to help GMs.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

So I just read Kevin's update for 6-15-2011 and he says that the new Vampire Kingdoms is "a 400 page manuscript."
:eek: :-? So we need 400 pages of what, more vampire material? I can understand a general update, change a few pages of info and all. But I absoulutely fail to see how it merits a 400 page rewrite.
This just boggles my mind. :nh:
Nether
Adventurer

Unread post by Nether »

keir451 wrote:So I just read Kevin's update for 6-15-2011 and he says that the new Vampire Kingdoms is "a 400 page manuscript."
:eek: :-? So we need 400 pages of what, more vampire material? I can understand a general update, change a few pages of info and all. But I absoulutely fail to see how it merits a 400 page rewrite.

Well what is the point of doing a update and then reselling the book to people that already have the prior one? Well 400 pages of hopefully good materiel justifies it's existence then and reason to buy it.

KS is doing exactly what he has indicated he would never do, regardless if it is in the form of a system 2.0 with source books 2.0 to follow or just rewriting the current ones with updates "which makes us re-buy all the books again"!

He could have just given us a proper updated system 1.5 or new system 2.0. Instead we got some upgrades in RUE but still with all the scattered rules, no organization or clearified / streamlined rules. It's still just as broken. So to me it looks like he is squandering this opportunity to bring us a proper updated version whether 1.5 or 2.0.

So i guess the next best 3rd option is give us a rewritten world book with alot more content than the prior to make it worth buying assuming it is good content and not just another 'monster' book with some crap OCCs that a vagabond or headhunter could fill in for and a couple more guns / gadgets that are identical to other books except the pic of it looks diff.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Nether wrote:
keir451 wrote:So I just read Kevin's update for 6-15-2011 and he says that the new Vampire Kingdoms is "a 400 page manuscript."

Well what is the point of doing a update and then reselling the book to people that already have the prior one? Well 400 pages of hopefully good materiel justifies it's existence then and reason to buy it.

KS is doing exactly what he has indicated he would never do, regardless if it is in the form of a system 2.0 with source books 2.0 to follow or just rewriting the current ones with updates "which makes us re-buy all the books again"!

He could have just given us a proper updated system 1.5 or new system 2.0. Instead we got some upgrades in RUE but still with all the scattered rules, no organization or clearified / streamlined rules. It's still just as broken. So to me it looks like he is squandering this opportunity to bring us a proper updated version whether 1.5 or 2.0.

So i guess the next best 3rd option is give us a rewritten world book with alot more content than the prior to make it worth buying assuming it is good content and not just another 'monster' book with some crap OCCs that a vagabond or headhunter could fill in for and a couple more guns / gadgets that are identical to other books except the pic of it looks diff.

Agreed. I'd have liked it better if he HAD given us a "version 2.0" that actually cleared up the confusion, instead of what he DID give us.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

i cant wait to see how many new occ there are, when a few new skills just as nice, if not better

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

400 pages is going to reduce down to around 300. Editing what doesn't flow well. Different fonts, and what can be shoved into the sourcebook.
keir451
Champion

Unread post by keir451 »

Tiree wrote:400 pages is going to reduce down to around 300. Editing what doesn't flow well. Different fonts, and what can be shoved into the sourcebook.

300 pages is still 100-200 pages too much, the original vampire kingdoms was 176 pages and has, for the better part of 20+ yrs, contained more than enough usable information for ANY GM to reference. So why do we need an extra 124 pages of material? This puts the book into the category of the RUE with potentially LESS usable information, for a potentially greater price (and he claims to be trying to keep prices low).
Illendaver
Explorer

Nether wrote:KS is doing exactly what he has indicated he would never do, regardless if it is in the form of a system 2.0 with source books 2.0 to follow or just rewriting the current ones with updates "which makes us re-buy all the books again"!

I think that a big problem is how younger gamers view video games as being the only type of game out there. For the past 2 years or so I have been going to local high schools to try to find younger RPGers (because all my friends have moved away and I am that bored [I just realized how creepy I sound...]) pretty much everybody who I find would rather play World of Warcraft or whatever is the hottest newest game out there. Most of these teens roll up their char and play one time and then blow off the game from then on. Either they don't have the attention span for it or they prefer the video games because they can play them whenever they want without waiting for the GM to get the story ready or waiting on other players to get playing.
Another ridiculous complaint I have recieved is "I dunno, its pretty expensive to get all the stuff to play this game..."
A full set of dice $7-15
Paper Don't you have some for your school work?
Game handbook $20-50
As compaired to:
Computer (cheapo at walmart) $350
Brand new game $60 each
monthly cost for WoW $12.95
Real expensive, huh?

Consequently, I think that all RPG books sales have started to suffer some. I think that is why WoTC dumbed down D&D to a point where an eleven year old could play/DM it, hopeing that some eleven year olds will actually buy it.

However, If we start reprinting everything necessary for the game, the kids will be right. Maybe its time for Palladium to start branching out from just books so that they can appeal to a younger market. If nothing else, a Palladium approved PDF system that has all the books would be nice so I don't have to lug the books up to high school (will never happen, but I could dream... right?) Heck, I would pay for the privilege of not feeling like a high school student again... Or, if you can't beat them, join them. How about a good Palladium game on the PS3, 360, or computer?
*McRipper said so*
TechnoGothic
Knight

White Wolf is releasing a 400+ pg Vampire 20th Anniversary Edition this year too.
Maybe we will see PB vampire clans/families ? :lol:

Btw, ppl, WW's V20 is PoD, and you have less that a month to pre-order it if you want one.
Its looks like its not going to local stores after all for some reason. They are only printing enough to cover the pre-orders.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

I liked the revamp of SB1, and I'm looking forward to the new vampire kingdoms. Though I agree its not a priorty book. Rifts has always been erratic in what comes out.
Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Illendaver wrote:
Nether wrote:KS is doing exactly what he has indicated he would never do, regardless if it is in the form of a system 2.0 with source books 2.0 to follow or just rewriting the current ones with updates "which makes us re-buy all the books again"!

I think that a big problem is how younger gamers view video games as being the only type of game out there. For the past 2 years or so I have been going to local high schools to try to find younger RPGers (because all my friends have moved away and I am that bored [I just realized how creepy I sound...]) pretty much everybody who I find would rather play World of Warcraft or whatever is the hottest newest game out there. Most of these teens roll up their char and play one time and then blow off the game from then on. Either they don't have the attention span for it or they prefer the video games because they can play them whenever they want without waiting for the GM to get the story ready or waiting on other players to get playing.
Another ridiculous complaint I have recieved is "I dunno, its pretty expensive to get all the stuff to play this game..."
A full set of dice $7-15
Game handbook $20-50
As compaired to:
Brand new game $60 each
Real expensive, huh?

Consequently, I think that all RPG books sales have started to suffer some. I think that is why WoTC dumbed down D&D to a point where an eleven year old could play/DM it, hopeing that some eleven year olds will actually buy it.

However, If we start reprinting everything necessary for the game, the kids will be right. Maybe its time for Palladium to start branching out from just books so that they can appeal to a younger market. If nothing else, a Palladium approved PDF system that has all the books would be nice so I don't have to lug the books up to high school (will never happen, but I could dream... right?) Heck, I would pay for the privilege of not feeling like a high school student again... Or, if you can't beat them, join them. How about a good Palladium game on the PS3, 360, or computer?

a lot of us were eleven when we started playing, and that was with THACO. Me I played Starwars. Now Palladium was a good game, back in the 90's where we dealt with THACO, but times have a come changeing, and we are expecting better organization and Quality Control in our products. I loved Palladium for what it did in my child hood, but I've gotten older, and bought stuff from companies like Fantasy Flight, Privateer Press, and the new Exalted line is fantastic. So we expect better, and since the best have left Palladium, such as CJ Carella, and Bill Coffin, and Kevin Long. and we are now dealing with that god awful Canadian Artists in every book and with bad writing bad rules, bad art, and a lacking release schedule.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Nether
Adventurer

Unread post by Nether »

Illendaver wrote:

A full set of dice $7-15
Game handbook $20-50
As compaired to:
Brand new game $60 each
Real expensive, huh?

I've made comments about this exact issue a couple times now and pen and paper rpg's are on the out as i agree, book sales are coming down alot for all of them.

The only thing that will save pen and paper in the future is online tools that allow players/gms to go the gaming website, log in and join the mass pool of players from all around the world that want to play a game now. This way they can join or start a game as desired, have the superior experience, and have access to tools like character creator, shared maps and other resource ext.

This is the only thing i can see that will combat mmo's / video games so at least you can play when you want.
Nether
Adventurer

Unread post by Nether »

Warmaster40k wrote:
Illendaver wrote:

A full set of dice $7-15
Game handbook $20-50
As compaired to:
Brand new game $60 each
Real expensive, huh?

a lot of us were eleven when we started playing, and that was with THACO. Me I played Starwars. Now Palladium was a good game, back in the 90's where we dealt with THACO, but times have a come changeing, and we are expecting better organization and Quality Control in our products. I loved Palladium for what it did in my child hood, but I've gotten older, and bought stuff from companies like Fantasy Flight, Privateer Press, and the new Exalted line is fantastic. So we expect better, and since the best have left Palladium, such as CJ Carella, and Bill Coffin, and Kevin Long. and we are now dealing with that god awful Canadian Artists in every book and with bad writing bad rules, bad art, and a lacking release schedule.

Sadly i have to agree with you. I don't know who it is, but that artist that does the black and white shaded pictures that just look like shat have really shown that the book quality has fallen a long way.

I would say i hope this book doesn't have that as long as it's worth getting, but i'm pretty sure majority of the art will be that shaded junk art. I guess when you are so broke and begging customers for 5 years for handouts that paying for free art is all you have left. You get what you paid for.
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

well hum any word on the Republicans ???
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update (blurb highlighted by me)

UPDATE: Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms™. Writing has had its ups and downs, but the book is nearing completion. I gave Alex another 50 pages to edit this week. All the artwork is done, and we expect to layout next week. I just finished vampire weaknesses and weapons to fight vampires. I’ve added pages of clarifications, details and items. Next is finishing the Vampire R.C.C. descriptions (including the Deluded Vampire and Hero Vampire), the Vampire Hunters, a few dinosaurs used by farmers :ok: , a typical village, going over my Yucatan material and I think I’m done.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Skype is actually a great way to roleplay P&P rpgs nowadays.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

copy/paste from latest weekly update

The Rifter® #55:

•Rifts® Vampire Kingdoms®: Sneak preview by Kevin Siembieda.

and

NEW! Rifts® World Book One:
Vampire Kingdoms™, New Revised Edition – ships August 10, 2011
For centuries, Mexico has been considered the realm of monsters best left alone. A land dominated by packs of Wild Vampires and rumored to be home of Vampire Kingdoms in the south. Most of the northern civilizations have stayed away, but over the last 20 years, a growing number of heroes, vampire slayers and adventurers have been waging something of a secret war against the undead. As that battle escalates, stories of heroes, vampires and entire human populations enslaved by the undead or penned, raised and slaughtered like cattle, are starting to leak out. Come see for yourself if the rumors are true and join the battle for humanity in Mexico.

•Vampire Hunter O.C.C.s, all new.
•Vampires: Their strengths, weaknesses and powers.
•Vampire strategies and plans for conquest.
•Vampire minions, henchmen and protectors, all new.
•The Vampire Kingdoms expanded, much new.
•Rifts vampires, how they think, behave, fight and kill.
•Different types of vampires, their Master, and the Vampire Intelligence (the deific creator of the undead).
•The Hero Vampire and Deluded Vampire O.C.C.s as player characters.
•40+ vampire abilities, vampire weaknesses and combat notes.
•Vampire combat and the weapons and techniques of vampire slayers.
•Chupacabras and other monsters and riding animals.
•Reid’s Rangers and other heroes. Fort Reid described, all new.
•Techno-Wizard weapons and other weapons and gear. Much new.
•The city-states of El Paso and Ciudad Juarez described. Updated and expanded.
•The Vampire Kingdoms, vampire society, human cattle and servants.
•Who can be turned into vampires and who can not.
•Were-Jaguars and other Werebeasts. Updated and expanded.
•Camazotz and the Yucatan expanded.
•Travel through the Vampire Kingdoms and Central America.
•Town creation tables and rules. All new.
•Vampire ruled towns and the hold they have over them. All new.
•Ideas for adventure throughout; circa 109 P.A.
•The presence of Archie Three, Lemurians and the Splugorth.
•Camazotz, Lord of Bats and Darkness – his plans for conquest of the Vampire Kingdoms and humanity.
•Updated and revised to 109 P.A., plus Archie Three and more.
•Cover by E.M. Gist.
•New artwork by Mike Wilson, Kent Burles, Mike Mumah and Nick Bradshaw, plus the best of Kevin Long and Tim Truman from the original book.
•Written by Kevin Siembieda. Additional text and ideas by Matthew Clements and Braden Campbell.
•192 to 224 pages – $24.95 retail – Cat. No. 802-E. Ships August 10, 2011. Order yours today.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

I for one cant wait to see how power these "new" vampires are, so once i do , they will die the same as the "old" ones did, in really messed up ways, lol vampires :lol:

Warmaster40k
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Warmaster40k »

Okay I will explain the Venom aimed at Palladium and Co.

1) We are getting a new book(s) that are rehashes of one we bought ages ago.
2) Kent Burles snot rocket art (not my words but I appreciated them)
3) Kevin is for all intense and purposes releasing the 2nd edition of a sourcebook we bought several years ago, despite proclemations of this being the very thing he said he would not do, because in his words he doesnt like making some ones earlier purchase seem to not matter any more.
4) this is not a bad thing if done properly, but he is trying to pass it off as "Not Second Edition, seriously guys" Vampire Kingdoms. We dont try to be slick there sport.
5) Kent Burlghles art work sucks, beyond all measure, it detracts rather than enhance the material and that is counter productive, I mean I hate having to stop reading a book because it snags, and Kent's art does that. Why do I like Chaos Earth, None of Kent's stuff is in it.
5) Kevin is releasing a rehash of a book that every body loved, with out fixing the core faults of the game, I would not have a problem buying a true Second Edition of the (sorry, Third, Rifts is the second edition of the Megaversal Role Play System), if it was realy fixed, I hate having to own both Revised and original and the partner source book of teh Revised Version, just to get all the information that was promised to begin with. If its revissed and expanded include all the original stuff, btw Sourcebook one had a wonderful breakdown of coalition military in it,

6) Stop using hard numbers in describing scenarios, they are ether too small or just rediculous, we as players can fill in the gaps just fine. When you use hard numbers that sound silly (PS they all sound silly) it makes the writer look stupid. Sorry but 12 glitter boys, killing 25 thousand soldiers and 120 thousand civillians in under an hour, thats SILLY.
I am the Omega, I am the thread killer, my post is death.
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Warmaster40k wrote:Okay I will explain the Venom aimed at Palladium and Co.

1) We are getting a new book(s) that are rehashes of one we bought ages ago.
2) Kent Burles snot rocket art (not my words but I appreciated them)
3) Kevin is for all intense and purposes releasing the 2nd edition of a sourcebook we bought several years ago, despite proclemations of this being the very thing he said he would not do, because in his words he doesnt like making some ones earlier purchase seem to not matter any more.
4) this is not a bad thing if done properly, but he is trying to pass it off as "Not Second Edition, seriously guys" Vampire Kingdoms. We dont try to be slick there sport.
5) Kent Burlghles art work sucks, beyond all measure, it detracts rather than enhance the material and that is counter productive, I mean I hate having to stop reading a book because it snags, and Kent's art does that. Why do I like Chaos Earth, None of Kent's stuff is in it.
5) Kevin is releasing a rehash of a book that every body loved, with out fixing the core faults of the game, I would not have a problem buying a true Second Edition of the (sorry, Third, Rifts is the second edition of the Megaversal Role Play System), if it was realy fixed, I hate having to own both Revised and original and the partner source book of teh Revised Version, just to get all the information that was promised to begin with. If its revissed and expanded include all the original stuff, btw Sourcebook one had a wonderful breakdown of coalition military in it,

6) Stop using hard numbers in describing scenarios, they are ether too small or just rediculous, we as players can fill in the gaps just fine. When you use hard numbers that sound silly (PS they all sound silly) it makes the writer look stupid. Sorry but 12 glitter boys, killing 25 thousand soldiers and 120 thousand civillians in under an hour, thats SILLY.

Is this Kent Blarghck guy the one who draws the snot waffle art in Splynn Demntional Market, Atlantis, wormwood(i think), RUINED some of the most BA Triax vehicles, and just sucks-the-suckiest-suck-that-ever-sucked all over my books? I chose not to buy Triax 2 because his art was in it.

Allow me to restate that point for you. I love Triax, and the whole shebang that comes with it. I think the author is fantastic, and if he did fiction writing I'd be all over it like musky old paper smell in a library. I REFUSED TO BUY THIS BOOK BECAUSE THE ARTIST INCITES A RABID HATE RESPONSE IN MY EYES!!!!

OK, the board absolutely would not let me edit this before now, but I wanted to point out he did some good work in wormwood(i think) and his environments are not eye-rage inducing. I even like some of them. His character, equipment and vehicle art is apalling however.

I just wanted to add that edit because you shouldnt be THAT negative in a post. he isnt the worst artist to ever walk the earth, I just have a deep and passionate dislike of his style and find the quality lacking. Also, I believe I am the one who called him snot"insert random word here" and began preaching the eye-hate mantra. So you're welcome for the term.
Last edited by Ziggurat the Eternal on Sun Jul 24, 2011 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I was not to impressed with the preview of the book or the art. The description of what would be in the book will ,make me at least read through it to see if it is worth it. I understand why their is so much venom in this thread. Releasing a book that was almost perfectly fine imo was not needed at this time. Espcially when you have so many other books people have been asking. PB can spin this anyway they want yet imo the only reason we have this book coming out now is to try and jump on the twilight bandwagon. Not that it's a bad thing mind you yet they are going up against a more popular company they can never ever really com-pete with White Wolf. That company pretty much has a stranglehold on anything relating to vampires. Or Werewolves or mages. I think our opinions agqainst the book need to be heard loud and clearly. Not that it's going to make a single iota of difference as they tend to ignore us for the most part. Then wonder why we never ever seem to agree with their decsions or the books they are releasing. The whole "we don't understand why your unhappy" routine is starting to wear thin. Why they do not do a new edition when they are rereleasing old titles I will never understand. My advice is to keep it civil. Getting angry is not the solution. It solves nothing and you lose what you are trying to get across. I know easier said than done and it can be very frustrating to do with this company. In the end all one can do is to ask PB to do things differently and offer recommendations. When it's all said and done and they keep losing fans and profit they can only blame themselves and no one else. Who else can they blame really.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.

Return to “Rifts®”