Hero's / Rifts cross over question.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Hero's / Rifts cross over question.

Unread post by Lenwen »

do the hero's / villains powers do mega damage or not ?

Are their powers crossed over as is ? SDC based or are they converted into MDC lvl powers ?
Jockitch74
Dungeon Crawler

Re: Hero's / Rifts cross over question.

Unread post by Jockitch74 »

Lenwen wrote:do the hero's / villains powers do mega damage or not ?

Are their powers crossed over as is ? SDC based or are they converted into MDC lvl powers ?

Depends on the power/ability. CB1, both first and second edition do the conversions to MD for the Heroes Unlimited core book as does Skraypers.
"Knowledge is the key to the universe"
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Jockitch74 wrote:

Depends on the power/ability. CB1, both first and second edition do the conversions to MD for the Heroes Unlimited core book as does Skraypers.

As Jock said. All the PS's become supernatural and i think rule of thumb is the energy expulsions by and large are md as re most of the APS abilities. Sadly there are no conversions for anything NOT in the main HU book.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

jaymz wrote:
Jockitch74 wrote:

As Jock said. All the PS's become supernatural and i think rule of thumb is the energy expulsions by and large are md as re most of the APS abilities. Sadly there are no conversions for anything NOT in the main HU book.

So basically then it up to interpretation ?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Lenwen wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Jockitch74 wrote:

So basically then it up to interpretation ?

Well for the stuff NOT converted in CB1/CB1R or Skraypers, yeah kind of up for interpretation.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Thank you =)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Rhomphaia wrote:In basic (keep in mind there are exception), the following rules of thumb apply to conversions in this manner;
If it adds PE, it makes the individual MDC.
If it adds a lot of HP/SDC, it makes the individual MDC.
If it adds a lot of PS, it makes the individual's PS supernatural.
If it alters a character's physical form, that alternate form is MDC.
If something deals damage other than through physical blows with fists/feet, it deals MD.

The specific conversions listed in CB1 and Skraypers seem to follow these rules, so it would be fair to assume that other powers/abilities not specifically converted follow the same.

Excellent call :ok:

\m/
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Rhomphaia wrote:In basic (keep in mind there are exception), the following rules of thumb apply to conversions in this manner;
If it adds PE, it makes the individual MDC.
If it adds a lot of HP/SDC, it makes the individual MDC.
If it adds a lot of PS, it makes the individual's PS supernatural.
If it alters a character's physical form, that alternate form is MDC.
If something deals damage other than through physical blows with fists/feet, it deals MD.

The specific conversions listed in CB1 and Skraypers seem to follow these rules, so it would be fair to assume that other powers/abilities not specifically converted follow the same.

That is exceedingly helpful !!

Thank you soo much :D
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

Energy Expulsion=MD as well...
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Daniel2112 wrote:I tend to treat Extraordinary P.S. as Bionic Strength and Superhuman Strength as Robotic Strength. I also give Bionic, Robotic, and Supernatural strength the carry/lift capacity of their HU counterparts.

You'd think logic woudl dictate that is what you SHOULD do and in fact it is similar to what I do (I also have an intermidiate level between augmented and robotic called android)....sadly the conversion book and skraypers disagree with you.....

\m/

Return to “Rifts®”