The first-ever "Who Is the Most Evil?" Awards!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

So....who gets your Vote for MOST Evil (pick both the 1st and 2nd place winners)?!?

Ereshkigal
2%
The Demons, collectively
3%
The Splugorth, collectively
5%
Nxla
22%
The Deevils, collectively
No votes
The Vampire Intelligences, collectively
6%
Ahriman
9%
The Lord of the Deep
4%
The Mechanoids
16%
Dweller Beneath
No votes
The Dominators, collectively
4%
The Intruders, collectively
No votes
Zazshan
1%
The Pantheon of Darkness, collectively
3%
The Apocalypse Demons, collectively
12%
Hel/Hela
1%
OTHER (this may count as either one or both of your choices, but you need to specify who and why)
12%

Total votes: 100

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

The first-ever "Who Is the Most Evil?" Awards!

Unread post by cornholioprime »

And yes, before you ask, the Old Ones are the incomparable gold standard by which Evil is measured by, and therefore have been deliberately left off this list.

1. Ereshkigal -Unparalleled Torturer, lives for nothing else in the Megaverse besides trapping others and torturing them for infinity
  2. The Demons, collectively -Embodiment of all that is chaotic and evil. Will gladly eat you alive. Literally.
  3. The Splugorth, collectively -Megaversal Merchants of Death....and Merchants of Worse-Than-Death.
  4. Nxla -He's what Vampire Intelligences want to be when they grow up...and why he wasn't imprisoned along with the Old Ones, is anybody's guess.
  5. The Deevils, collectively -The Demons will pillage and slaughter you; the Deevils will manipulate you into pillaging and slaughtering and eating yourself! With a smile on your face!
  6. The Vampire Intelligences, collectively -Individually, little more than supernatural vermin no matter how many of their kind infest a dimension. Collectively, however, they are a Megaversal plague that, like cockroaches, one can never seem to kill them all no matter how much one tries.
  7. Ahriman -You gotta admit that a guy who will go on a freakin' quest just to kick an old man to death belongs on this list. Especially when he is also trying to figure out how to do another Great Cataclysm and/or bind the Old Ones to his control -just for the hell of it (pun intended).
  8. The Lord of the Deep -Just for fusing cute little dolphins into hideous Pneuma-Biforms, he deserves to be on this list. And don't forget his invariably fatal Witch Pacts that he hands out like crack cocaine.
  9. The Mechanoids -Willing to strip-mine whole stars in their goal of wiping out everything everywhere that has two arms and two legs.
  10. Dweller Beneath -Wants to have his cake and eat it too. Of course, by "cake" we mean everything and everybody in the entire Megaverse.
  11. The Dominators, collectively -Willing to kill everybody else in the Megaverse in order to keep their own species alive. Even managed to invent the dreaded Black Hole Projector technology.
  12. The Necrons -Out on a technological jihad against all things in the Megaverse more modern than, say, your average Amish person.
  13. Kali-Ma -So evil that even other evil people can't stand to be around her. Says hello by vigorously waving at you -with six-foot long claws.
  14. The Egyptian Pantheon of Darkness -They get at least honorable mention for killing off a god in such a manner that even a god can't be resurrected.
  15. The Apocalypse Demons, collectively -Kill 'em all, and let God sort 'em out. Unless, of course, they can get their hands on God....in which case they'd probably try to kill Him, too, if they thought they could.
  16. Hel/Hela -She's so evil, she's even willing to forever forsake her fairly beautiful appearance in order to get in good with the Mechanoids. Now THAT'S dedication.
  17. OTHER -List your own choice -or choices -and explain why you think that they are the most evil.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Re: The first-ever "Who Is the Most Evil?" Awards!

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

I had to choose other twice.
The Old Ones while not on the list do still qualify under "Other" but only as my 2nd choice.
1st place goes to Kevin and Company for thinking this twisted **** up in the first place.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

The Mechanoids were my first pick because they practice full on genocide, know they are doing and derive deep pleasure from it. Second is Nxla simply because of what it and it's followers do to the soul. For their victims, eventual release is simply not an option.
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!

I voted for:

# 1) Nxla RIPS OUT PEOPLES' SOULS! It takes a lot to get to this level of Evil.

# 2) Other: NIGHTLORDS!
Gave up their Humanity for Power AND EAT SOULS as PPE Vampires!
Their Boss: Ba'al was worshipped by having live CHILDREN thrown into big fires! (Historical referance) That's EVIL!!! Shoot that sucker with a TW Annihilate Cannon, repeatedly!

My 3rd Place Mention: Those heartless *+#÷$ who walk by a homeless person and say awful things like "Get a job!" They are EVIL!!! There is no compassion in such a person. Sad really.

Help those who need it. Donate food or clothing to a shelter. Shovel out the snow from the driveway of an elderly person. Say a kind word to those who have lost their jobs/homes. Remember: In these uncertain times we ALL are just a step away from needing help ourselves.

Good Gaming, GaredBattlespike

PS: Tell a Vet "Thank you for my freedom." Honest thanks cost only a moment of your time, but the feeling received is PRICELESS!
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Old Ones.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

most of these guy aren't evil because thy want to be they are evil because it is coded into their being a VI is evil just ike a shark will attack you. I picked Nxla and Ahriman. At least Ahriman is cousiously decdign to be evil. The Dominator are not evil they arejust trying to preserve their specisis. Its survival of the fitess and they want to survive.
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

The "FIRST" ever? :x
REALLY??!
Albeit I've to concede yours tournament is muhc better organized and you choose well to limit to inhuman menaces.
I think too that Hela and Arhima are the most evil for they more consciously CHOOSE to be so.
The others are either Evil by Nature or Evil by collective psychological trauma.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

The Baron of chaos wrote:The "FIRST" ever? :x
REALLY??!
Albeit I've to concede yours tournament is muhc better organized and you choose well to limit to inhuman menaces.
I think too that Hela and Arhima are the most evil for they more consciously CHOOSE to be so.
The others are either Evil by Nature or Evil by collective psychological trauma.
Welllll...errrr......ummmmmm.......

PERHAPS you could say that it was "evil" of me to claim the "First Ever" title.

(Also, I blurt out Plot Twists in movie theaters. Now THAT'S real evil for you!)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Traska
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Traska »

cornholioprime wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:The "FIRST" ever? :x
REALLY??!
Welllll...errrr......ummmmmm.......

PERHAPS you could say that it was "evil" of me to claim the "First Ever" title.

(Also, I blurt out Plot Twists in movie theaters. Now THAT'S real evil for you!)

So, there I was, mind my THE COP IS THE KILLER! own business..."
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I'm giving it a three way tie.

1. The Great Old Ones
2. The rest of 'em (they're equal to the Great Old Ones, but only collectively).
3. Subjugator

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Dr Megaverse
Adventurer

Unread post by Dr Megaverse »

Had to go with Nxla.

Sure others may CHOOSE to be evil, some may even be genocidal maniacs. I'm sorry though, Nxla macerates your SOUL into a big pool of other peoples souls and once he gets ya, that's it. No resurrection, no redemption, just mindless eternal servitude. *shudder*
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Ahriman---Because his tactics are like a used car salesman; attractive product that eats your soul. AND he's doing it to set loose the Old Ones again. Insane AND smart about it. Not a good combination.

The Demons--Because they're doing what Ahriman is doing, on a larger scale...corruption through our fascination with powerful wizbangs.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

The Coalition States.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Vrykolas2k wrote:The Coalition States.

some members of the coalition have to be up there with the best of them.

also the fourth great danger mentioned by plato is mechanoids SB has to be the most relevant evil around for rifts earth. though many say this is the CS, others Merrlynn
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

I wen with Nxla (because I find him to be a boogieman without rival) and The Vampire Intelligences (because they are considered so vile and despicable, even other "evil" considers them so evil they placed all vamps on a "kill on sight" mandate).
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Blindscout
Adventurer
Comment: An armed populace is a safe populace.

Unread post by Blindscout »

I went with Nxla and the V.I.s for pretty much the same reasons as Dead Boy

Also, my Rifts character is looking at heading into the Magic Zone to scout and hopefully organize some seek and destroy efforts on the soul harvesters, so it's kinda personal. He was also nearly done in by some vamps once, it's good to have friends. :)
Guy_LeDouche wrote:Any experiment of any kind that starts with "hold my beer" should make the property owner immune to frivolous lawsuits.

Mack wrote:Oh, and if the POTUS evey gave me a nuke, I think I'd aim it at Bieber.

_/|,[____],
--...-L-[]IIII[]-
.^._.^.-===-
()_) ()_)-o-)_)

BEEP BEEP Let's go for a ride in the Jeep!
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

I have to say the Prosek's family is up there....because with everything on that list they still only care about power and will do anything for it.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

No. 1: Nxla (for stealing souls and bringing soulless xombies to the world).
No. 2: Apocalyptical Demons (when they form as Über-Demon, they will shatter worlds).
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

My vote went to Ahriman.

The guy is ready to use any and all of the others (and is pretty adept at manipulating them too).
Compared to that, even individual intelligences pale, and the Old Ones get a run for their money and the MOST EEEVIL title.
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

DBX wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:The Coalition States.

some members of the coalition have to be up there with the best of them.

also the fourth great danger mentioned by plato is mechanoids SB has to be the most relevant evil around for rifts earth. though many say this is the CS, others Merrlynn

I have to agree that Coalition should have been on the list as well as Gene-Splicers and The Angel of Death. I would add Cormal also.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Dead Boy wrote:I wen with Nxla (because I find him to be a boogieman without rival) and The Vampire Intelligences (because they are considered so vile and despicable, even other "evil" considers them so evil they placed all vamps on a "kill on sight" mandate).
I wouldn't say it's their evil so much as their competitive drive. Once the vampires show up, you either stamp them out or become their personal blood bank.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Other:
FLOOPERS
Winner.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

cornholioprime wrote:[*]OTHER -List your own choice -or choices -and explain why you think that they are the most evil.[/list]

I voted other. In the above list of yours no evil .. is soo evil as to "pretend" to be working good for the benifit of its occupants.

I voted other due to no being listed on your list .. actually stupify's its own race .. if only to keep an hold its own power over its own kind ..

I voted other .. because of the CS Emp.

No evil is as evil .. as the type who turns in upon itself .. and its own kind. Like the CS emperor .
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

All Floopers all the time wrote: First, it promises you power. Second, it sends you across the land killing and collecting PPE for itself. Third, it consumes you entirely. That's just cold.

That's Wall Street.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I voted for the LotD and the Apocolypes Demons, though there were some good (and by good, I mean really evil) ones on that list.

The lotD is just scarey, and the Four Horsemen are bent on destroying everything (tough to beat that).
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Other, representing the shadowy forces that keep publishing Brandon Aten.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."

Return to “Rifts®”