Anything special to run Promise of Power?

For talk about the award-winning videogame for Nokia's handheld device, the N-Gage!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cyrano de Maniac
D-Bee

Anything special to run Promise of Power?

Unread post by Cyrano de Maniac »

I finally snagged a copy of Promise of Power on eBay -- and it's even signed by Kevin!

Before I go lay down good money on an appropriate N-Gage, somewhere on eBay, I had a few technical questions for anyone who may have answers.

First, does playing PoP require cell phone service? That is, does the game require any sort of network server/access? Alternatively, does the N-Gage phone itself require activation on a phone network even if all you want is for it to function as a simple handheld gaming platform?

Second, if I were to look for an N-Gage, is there anything in particular I should be wary of as far condition? Here I'm looking for advice along the lines of "The rear case had a tendency to crack and there are lots of unscrupulous people selling broken ones online.", or anything like that.

Thanks,
Brent
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: Anything special to run Promise of Power?

Unread post by Jorel »

Recently got one myself. Don't need to have any kind of service to play, just the game and the N-gage. Don't know about defects.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Return to “Rifts® Promise of Power™”