Ganesh War Elephant

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

krispy
Hero
Comment: Luck favors the prepared

Ganesh War Elephant

Unread post by krispy »

Ganesh War Elephant

Though the Ganesh is an impressive WM, House Shiva wanted to bring more terror & devastation to the battlefield; hence the Ganesh War Elephant was designed

The following modifications have been implemented

The head is an amazing blend of Triceratops & elephant with a strong bone crest & horns providing more protection for the WM & pilot. Head now 400 MDC. With the bone crest having 250 MDC

A second prehensile trunk was added to provide additional arsenal to the WM. This second trunk has duel system – A Long Range Spore Discharger & Shiva’s Blood

Note: I don’t agree with the MB description of Spore Discharger having unlimited ammo. In my games they have a fixed payload, which has to be replenished when the HA/WM eats

As for the 6 pods - 2 have been completely removed & MDC added to the MB – now 950

The 4 remaining pods have been enclosed/ covered over & become storage bladders for the trunk weapons

2 of the pods store 30 shots each for the Gore Cannon (60 extra shots)

The other 2 pods store extra payload for the other trunk 30 shots for Spore Discharger & 30 for Shiva’s Blood

Additional MDC to the legs and feet -
Front Legs (2): now 300
Hind Legs (2): now 375
Feet (4): now 225

Though the pilot has exceptional protection at the front & side (the shield ears are still part of this design) they are vulnerable from attacks from behind (enemy jumping on the back) and above & behind (aerial attack)

To help solve this issue the Enlightened One designed an ingenious system, a ground to air defense – along the spine of the Ganesh are 2 nodules/nodes. Closer inspection of these nodules reveals them to be clusters of Super Light Cells with 3 eyes around the circumference. Da: 2D10

Quick Info: some of the larger dinosaurs had a second brain in the base of their spine called the ‘Sacro-Lumbar’ Expansion. This second brain helped in the coordination required to walk & run

These Nodes are connected to a second brain at the base of the spine. They cannot strike ground targets, only ones on its back or aerial targets. These 2 nodes have 4 / 6 ?? attacks but they are reflexive, automated, they are not controlled by the pilot or Ganesh. the Ganesh or rider can simply turn them on or off, they cannot control the targets at which the nodes select

So now the Ganesh has the 5 std attacks & the extra 6 automated ones
Last edited by krispy on Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
connecting the dots
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Ganesh War Elephant

Unread post by Lord Z »

Does 'more terror and declaration to the battlefield' mean that this variant is a frontline heavy assault unit? ...or is it designed for more specialized missions?
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Lord Z wrote:Does 'more terror and declaration to the battlefield' mean that this variant is a frontline heavy assault unit? ...or is it designed for more specialized missions?

hey Lord Z

you are right i invisioned it to be a frontline heavy assault unit but i didnt want to change it too much from the standard model (or should i have) thats why i only beefed it up a bit. i was unsure if it was too much

the Ganesh is a great desigh & if i remember correctly it leans towards the role of troop transport (APC) so thats why i designed (modified) the war ganesh to be a tank
connecting the dots
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

krispy wrote:...it leans towards the role of troop transport (APC) so thats why i designed (modified) the war ganesh to be a tank

Yes. The Ganesh is intended to be a squad support insertion and extraction war mount.
Insert 400 character limit here.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Todd Yoho wrote:Yes. The Ganesh is intended to be a squad support insertion and extraction war mount.

This is an unexpected surprise, thanks for posting Todd

i hope you like the minor adjustments i made to your WM

I enjoy the dynamic that H. Shiva has brought to the game & i like to expand on them as neighbouring houses retaliate in the face of H. Shiva's wrath .... such as the War Elephant & ...i know its not original but i designed a WM for H. Shiva based on the Bengal Tiger that looks like the Dragon Cat out of Psyscape
connecting the dots
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

i was being a bit nostalgic and was looking through some old threads, things that i posted and havent finished and other threads

i came across a thread by Slappy 'House Shiva Rocks' and i read a reply from Todd and he said - ' I had a few more ideas for some warmounts that I never stated up. Things like 6-legged tigers and other Indian themed animals.'

i only just read that for the first time today and i have been designing a WM on the same premis (as i said in an earlier post here) now i feel :o :oops:
connecting the dots
Todd Yoho
Adventurer

Unread post by Todd Yoho »

krispy wrote:i was being a bit nostalgic and was looking through some old threads, things that i posted and havent finished and other threads

i came across a thread by Slappy 'House Shiva Rocks' and i read a reply from Todd and he said - ' I had a few more ideas for some warmounts that I never stated up. Things like 6-legged tigers and other Indian themed animals.'

i only just read that for the first time today and i have been designing a WM on the same premis (as i said in an earlier post here) now i feel :o :oops:

By all means, proceed ahead with your designs. I'm no longer affiliated with Palladium, so none of my other ideas will see print.
Insert 400 character limit here.
krispy
Hero

Unread post by krispy »

Todd Yoho wrote:By all means, proceed ahead with your designs. I'm no longer affiliated with Palladium, so none of my other ideas will see print.

thanks mate. best of luck with your future endeavors
connecting the dots

Return to “Splicers®”