zombie hunting what powers are needed

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Johnathan
Adventurer

Re: zombie hunting what powers are needed

Unread post by Johnathan »

I'd say this questions specifics depends on the KIND of zombie you want to be killin...
Hotrod wrote:I haven't noticed saints getting the bad end of the bargain at all. Sure, a lot of them die in pain and poverty. A lot of jerks die in agony, betrayal, and humiliation, often taking their own lives rather than having to face the consequences of what they've done.
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Matter Expulsion: Metal and Alter Limbs = A LOT of ammo for bio-guns! Not to mention the possibilities for bladed weapons to aim for the heads and necks.
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Agent_gir
Explorer

Unread post by Agent_gir »

invulnerability, supernatural PS.... if they can't bite you they can't infect you....and with a supernatural PS you can't be overwelmed, you can just bash skulls round after round after round after round.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Zombie flesh: I mean, if they are dumb enough they will never see you as a a target.

Specifically to fight zombies? Life sense, sense death and destruction (to find the blighters)

Any energy expulsion. Nothing says unlimited ammo like not needing any. Combine with targeting for those movie-necessary head shots. Includes the electrical field (area affect attacks can be more efficient)

most other powers aren't really tooled for zombie destruction, as opposed to simply being good at hurting anything.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Severus Snape
Hero
Comment: You ought to be careful. People will think you're....up....to something.

Unread post by Severus Snape »

No super powers are needed here. Just be a type 2 or type 4 robot with high PS and all the combat options. They won't see you as a target because you don't have any PPE, you aren't alive, and they wouldn't see you as food or a threat.
LeeNapier
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by LeeNapier »

Severus Snape wrote:No super powers are needed here. Just be a type 2 or type 4 robot with high PS and all the combat options. They won't see you as a target because you don't have any PPE, you aren't alive, and they wouldn't see you as food or a threat.

This.
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Quick question, what type of zombies are you using? Plague where it's an actual disease, is it zombies that spiritually infect like Dead Reign or the David Wellington 'Monster Island' type, or are they super plague like in Marvel Zombies where they can apparently infect someone even if they're not flesh and blood anymore?

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

APS: Plasma would be a good choice. Hard to bite into something made of super-heated gas without frying your head off first. And even if you consider the zombies to be creatures of magic that are capable of harming the APS: Plasma hero, it's no big thing for the super-being to just fly out of reach and fry the stenches at will.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons
Prodigy
Explorer

Unread post by Prodigy »

Nightstalking prevents one from being turned into the Undead. That would certainly help.
sine yo pity on da runny kind
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

The major force powers are good. you can generate force sheilds/walls to separate yourself from zombie hordes, create force armor, bash them with giant fists. There is also a minor force power that allows you to emit a force wave to knock down multiple zeds at once.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

beyond the already mentioned stuff above, negative matter and gravity waves seem like good choices to keep the horde away.

if it affects them, perhaps vertigo field.

APS shadow or light would both keep the zombies off of you and make you immune to zombification, if i remember correctly.

a huge chunk of the powers from Heroes of the Megaverse would be pretty darn good for it. impervious to the supernatural comes to mind.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Negative Matter
Gravity Waves
Self-Explosion
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Johnathan wrote:I'd say this questions specifics depends on the KIND of zombie you want to be killin...

Daniel Stoker wrote:Quick question, what type of zombies are you using? Plague where it's an actual disease, is it zombies that spiritually infect like Dead Reign or the David Wellington 'Monster Island' type, or are they super plague like in Marvel Zombies where they can apparently infect someone even if they're not flesh and blood anymore?

Daniel Stoker

Third time this is being asked.
So... Which kind is it???
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Had not yet been pointed out but Cellular Rot and Decay is terrible effective as undeads, as they are not living and as such vulnerable to the most destructive aspect of this power.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”