A Question

For the discussion of Nightbane™ and its supplements.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nasami
D-Bee

A Question

Unread post by Nasami »

I didn't really know where to post this, so I'm just going to throw it here. I just joined a Nightbane game down at my LGS (It's my first Palladium Game too.), and I'm making my character. I'm going to be playing a Guardian, and use the Guardian R.C.C, however I'm not sure if I use human creation and add the attributes and other such things from my R.C.C, or if I use my R.C.C's listings in the place of the Human creation. Also, What are Racial Related Skills? The R.C.C only lists Racial Skills and talks about Secondary Skills.

Anyways, thanks to anyone who helps. And some generic Nightbane survival knowledge for a first timer would be appreciated as well.
NMI
OLD ONE

Re: A Question

Unread post by NMI »

No, you do not combine human attribute rolls [3D6] and the guardian attribute rolls [varies]. You only use the Guardian attribute rolls.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:No, you do not combine human attribute rolls [3D6] and the guardian attribute rolls [varies]. You only use the Guardian attribute rolls.

Veritas.

*Nekira Seal of Approval*
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

And some generic Nightbane survival knowledge for a first timer would be appreciated as well.

Either you or your GM should go out and get the Nightbane Survival Guide.

LOTS of good information in there, and it's actually cheaper than most Palladium Books of its size and depth of information.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:No, you do not combine human attribute rolls [3D6] and the guardian attribute rolls [varies]. You only use the Guardian attribute rolls.

The only problem I see with the above answer is that it is answering an ether / or answer with a 'no'. If he had left the 'no' off it would be totally correct.

There is the other question NMI didn't answer so I'll do so.
[aside]I run into this quite often with the people here, they answer one part or another, even when the questions are linked. [/aside]
(It would help if people brake up their paragraphs so the questions are easier to distinguish between each question and to let people know when they are changing ideas.)
You only use the guardian RCC skills. if you read the description in the RCC skills section (NB main books) it tells you, the skills they get are what are left over when they lose most of their memory.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The only problem I see with the above answer is that it is answering an ether / or answer with a 'no'.

1. ether / or should be either-or
2. replace second instance of the word answer with the word question
3. 'no' should be "no"

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If he had left the 'no' off it would be totally correct.

1. 'no' should be "no"
2. Even though the "No" at the beginning of the answer is redundant, the answer is still correct.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If I quote you, you get spellchecked.

spellchecked shoud be spell checked
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Nemo235 wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:The only problem I see with the above answer is that it is answering an ether / or answer with a 'no'.

1. ether / or should be either-or
2. replace second instance of the word answer with the word question
3. 'no' should be "no"

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If he had left the 'no' off it would be totally correct.

1. 'no' should be "no"
2. Even though the "No" at the beginning of the answer is redundant, the answer is still correct.

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:If I quote you, you get spellchecked.

spellchecked should be spell checked

if you are asked "do you like vanilla or strawberry ice cream better?" You don't say "No, I like strawberry better." You just say "I like strawberry better."
What was asked was "Is this or that the correct way?" As such the answer should of been " That way id correct."
So the "no" is not redundant, it does not belong in the sentence.

TY I never noticed that typo.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Nemo235
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nemo235 »

Conversation #1
Jim: "I'm unsure whether A is correct or B is correct."
John: "A is not correct. B is correct."

Conversation #2
John: "No, A is not correct. B is correct."

The "No" at the beginning of the second answer is used for emphasis.

This may have been a better way to answer:

Conversation #3
John: "B is correct."

:lol:

By the way, welcome to the forums Nasami.

I hope you enjoy Palladium games!
Please check out my Deviant Art gallery
and my Mutants & Magic blog.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

I guess the 1st 2 answers you described are for people that just like to hear there own voice so they say stuff out of context just to hear their own voice.
Or for people that like to insert something to passive-aggressive to beat down the question asker.
Or is a type A personality and has to make sure everyone else knows they are wrong.
None of this is aimed at NMI, just saying what it looks like to me, to Nemo.

The correct answer to the question "Does this make me/my butt look fat?" is "You look beautiful honey/dear"

Return to “Nightbane®”