Building a City

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Building a City

Unread post by rat_bastard »

TechnoGothic wrote:
taalismn wrote:Save on in-city transport by making them battery-electric or fuel cell...have a few fusion power stations charging up swappable battery packs or cracking hydrogen for the city vehicles.
Heck, make the city vehicle powerpacks compatible, like big e-clips, with city heavy defense weapons, so you can swipe a powerpack or two from an out of commission utility vehicle or public bus and keep that crew-served rail gun pulled out to provide point defense going.

Electric Vehicles would be the way to go. In the City.
No need for batteries either. Run a grounding wire to a Set of Electral "rails" above or in the road ways. A Wire touches the "rails" creats a circuit and you go. Like Bumber cars or some Troleys in some cities. With the Metapolis Spell no wear and tear on the "Rails" and you have Self-repairing Public Transportation. Monorail Trains would be useful too.

No taxis or Buses. keep it simple to Trolley like vehicles and trams.

First off, there is a very good public transportation setup but there is an infrastructure in place to power electric, bio-fuel and fusion fuels. As their is money in each and the city needs the money we sell all methods. Pluggable Hybrids tend to be the best selling with diesel fuel being purchased for long hauls.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

psam_rage wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:Center of the state fifty miles south of the cali/Oregon border

Where is the info on the West Coast? I can't find it ANYWHERE.

rearnakedchoke wrote:Maybe they know somebody with Nazca Line Magic.

Nazca Line Magic fun stuff.

This is what the city needed...
A central rift connected to all corners of a pentagon made of pentagram which is inside another pentagon. :lol: How's that for abuse of power?

Although scary would be using the Devil's Gate an the central point.

All the Offical Info on Califorina and the West Coast comes from...SPIRIT WEST.
And it is not much.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
chosenrifter
Wanderer

Unread post by chosenrifter »

Hey guys I got a player building a base and will be working on a small city. He is trying to recruit Mercs for his group. I have come up with some ideas to but I would like to hear from you guys. What is a good way to let him recruit without makeing it to easy? I'm thinking of making a % chart on how many and what he will get per month. Any Ideas?

Return to “Rifts®”