What would you do here ?

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Desert Rat
Wanderer

Re: What would you do here ?

Unread post by Desert Rat »

Zanshin "senses" the Chi of something within the PC's awareness circle. Tamashiwara is the Art of Breaking with their fists, feet, elbows, etc... So, unless the PC has really long arms or legs, I am not seeing how they intend to break something 8' away. There is nothing in the core rules which suggests a PC can throw Chi to do damage.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Desert Rat wrote:...snip There is nothing in the core rules which suggests a PC can throw Chi to do damage.

Fist Gesture
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Desert Rat
Wanderer

Unread post by Desert Rat »

Ok, let me clarify, there is nothing in the core rules regarding the two martial arts powers in question which suggests a PC can throw Chi to do damage.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

He can't do it. Zanshin circle is a sensory thing and has nothing to do with dealing Chi damage.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

frogboy wrote:Say you have a PC with Zanshin, and Tamishiwara. He has an area of awareness of 10' and wants to know if he can "break" a target 8 feet away. basically he wants to be able to throw a tamishiwara ball at targets in his zanshin circle. Would you as a GM allow that and if so, how would you let your bad guy save against it ? If I asked the question badly let me know so I can ask better. Thanks all.

The char with the zanshin would be able to throw something at an attacker behind them.

Tamshiwara must be use with a hand or foot strike. It cannot be used with a thrown or any other ranged strike.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

frogboy wrote:Say you have a PC with Zanshin, and Tamishiwara. He has an area of awareness of 10' and wants to know if he can "break" a target 8 feet away. basicly he wants to be able to throw a tamishiwara ball at targets in his zanshin circle. Would you as a GM allow that and if so, how would you let your bad guy save agenst it ? If I asked the question badly let me know so I can ask better. Thanks all.

Tell him to stop watching Dragonball Z. :) Then take a look at my new martial art Kiaido which is posted here, as there's a "Shatter Yell" which is Tamashiwara at range.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”