100 xp to Kevin for clever, useful idea/action

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

100 xp to Kevin for clever, useful idea/action

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Ok my two cents (or two dimes as thats actually all the money i brought back with me) about the open house....

I had some uncertainty about flying 3000 miles spending a lot of money to achieve a tick box in my life - meeting and actually playing a game by the bloke who created, designed and wrote the games Ive been playing for 20+ years. I hear some good things about him, I hear some bad things...
This trip would either put me off the games or make me love them even more. i even had some anxiety on the Thursday.

Well to answer the question, which was it? - all Ill say is I came back with about 15 more books and may even have Carmen over to England next year!!

For those who have never been its get a big :ok:

I felt at home from the moment we had breakfast surrounded by fellow fans and met Warwolf. All the fans were awesome, all the artists and writers were approachable and more than friendly. In fact their acceptance level astounded me. They pay for the flight, hotel, whiskey and were signing books by the trolley load (yes an actual trolley load). Not one of these "celebs" (thats right, youre famous) wasn't as cool as the stuff they write/draw.

As an Englishman in NY (ok Detroit) I found you natives to be extremely welcoming to - to all.

The talks were useful and no one on the panels shied away from any difficult questions. I also felt ok to ask questions without being embarassed.

The games ofc, rocked!! Im still not sure how I ended up playing a chiwawa with a soul drinking vibrator rune weapon but hey!
I got to game (thats right I said game, not play) with Kevin and he did not let me down. I played dead reign, for the first time, and spent a lot of time running (spd 27) - was cool.

So basically I had fun (hmmm, could have made this post shorter). It was worth EVERY penny (sorry, cent) GO next time!

But, I want to add that although the Palladiumm staff worked their butts off and exceeded my every expectation, the writers, artists and the other hundred plus fans are what makes the open house so sweet. It was truly like every person had put aside their troubles, cares, differences and just relaxed, chilled and laughed for 4 days. Everyone who was there made it so. Ty, you fkn rule!

Herbie (Paul - the Brit brother without facially hair; the only guy without facial hair?) :bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Re: 100 xp to Kevin for clever, useful idea/action

Unread post by Jorel »

It was an honor to meet you good sir.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I have that recording still of you on my phone. It doesn't sound that great because of Mr. Manning's hyena laughter.
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
Brian Manning
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: I'm the King of Rock, There is none higher!
Sucka MC's should call me sire!

Unread post by Brian Manning »

LOL, it was more of a Salacious Crumb type laughter.
Artwork • Social Media • Writing • Shenanigans
Brian-Manning.com
MADMANMIKE
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The Emolancer

Unread post by MADMANMIKE »

It was great to meet you. Just be sure to warn your wife about Carmen's language. He truthfully does curse like the truck driver he is.

-Mike >8]
Minions - Character Sheets <---- UPDATED LINK TO MY DA PAGE!!!
Must repeat my mantra: As a genius, I am not qualified to make the assessment "it doesn't take a genius to figure this out."
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Paul,

you and your brother rock! It is one of the highlights of my open house to have made your (never quaint) acquaintance. Here's looking forward to see you soon, latest *grin* at the OH 2012!

Cheers
Hendrik
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Hendrik wrote:Paul,

you and your brother rock! It is one of the highlights of my open house to have made your (never quaint) acquaintance. Here's looking forward to see you soon, latest *grin* at the OH 2012!

Cheers
Hendrik

Cheers, Hendrik. Looking forward to seeing you again too - check out the PM I sent you.
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)

Return to “Palladium Open House”