last blood

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kevarin
Adventurer

last blood

Unread post by kevarin »

this isnt dead reign but its got zombies, vampires and the last humans on earth thought it was a good comic dont know if its been posted here before but heres a link to it some of the other comics on this sight are pretty good too

allso gives a good idea if you want to bring vampires in to your dead reign campain and an idea for how the zombie infection can start

http://lastblood.net/
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Re: last blood

Unread post by Steeler49er »

I was the first to have brought Last Blood (soon to be a movie) on the DR forums when the forum first openned up and, for some reason no one was interested...

You'd think Vampires fighting Zombies for the last humans on earth woulda perked someones interest but, no takers. It seems that DR Fans really would just like it if, for once, the game-world did Not have so Super Humans (Vamps included) were ever a part of the game-world, just all normal humans like in many OldSchool RPG's before we all got so jaded to the idea that normal humans were 'Just Not good enough' to compete [Batman disagrees].

Anywho, the Idea of LAST BLOOD was the very first thing to pop into my head when I heard PB was gonna make an Actual Zombie RPG and I was jazzed, and Even if they kept out superpowers the idea that, since this is a megaversal game system, I was under the assumption that if you ever in the future would wish to add in; Nightspawn, Werebeasts, Vampires, other undead like the Lyjbok, Psychics, Magic users, Super Powered Super humans, Mutants, Eugenic modified humans, Aliens, or Chi flinging Martel Artists... you could.

HOWEVER, that is NOT the case! As always your Are the owner of Your copy of the Game book and You can do as you like, but PB (and the Fans) have made it clear that None of that exists in the DR universe and therefore it is Not an alternate dimension of the other earths as it has a Completely differant world history from, say; Rifts, BTSN, or Nightspawn. In essence DR is in-effect, a completely Differant game that just uses the same Game System.
This is the way the DR fans seem to like it and I'm not interested in arguing with them about it.

Nothing you or I say will convince them that DR to other 'PB' cross-overs are for them (not that you Can cross over other PB titles since the world histories are differant) and I'm okay with that. Maybe DR SHOULD be the one game with all normal people running around. I love LAST BLOOD but, it's just not a consept for everyone. So If you Are interested in a Zombie game with 'more than humans' fighting zombie hoards off, Palladiums Dead Reign may not be it. You may wish to try any of the other Gazillion other RPG systems which are alread set up to pull off such senarios.

FYI-Glad to see that you liked LB as much as I did.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
kevarin
Adventurer

Unread post by kevarin »

i actually like dead reign without supernatural beings i just thought it was a cool book
and gave a good idea for an different setting using the dead reign zombies and
vampires
http://kevarin.deviantart.com/# my little attempt to add some color to the Palladium world

My gun does 4d6x1000 MD! There's no way this guy is gonna survive.
-- Famous Last Words of Rifts Players
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

DUDE I love this web comic... they just dont update enough....its killing me waiting...
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
PapaMambo
Dungeon Crawler
Location: Winter-peg.. or Winnipeg for those not in the know..

Unread post by PapaMambo »

I've been reading the comic on and off for the past 3 years (I just checked it out again today). Needless to say, the premise is cool, if somewhat disjointed. The story could be so much better realized, however with the Writer doing 5 or 6 other comics, updates have been ponderously slow on this comic - too bad, it has a lot of promise. (Would have more if someone else was writing it IMHO).

The writer is also kind of a douche. Make a comment he doesn't agree with, and he brings the ban-stick down pretty darn quick. I guess it's his site/comic, but honestly if you're trying to get readers this is totally the wrong way to go about it.

I am intrigued though to see if they are able to actually make a movie out of the webcomic as was suggested (early in issue 2 I believe someone bought the option..) If someone else were to write the script using the comic as a VERY loose basis, it might be quite good - although there have been absolutely WAY too many vampire movies/books in the past couple of years (thanks Twilighters) :P
"It isn't the bullet with his name on it that the professional soldier has to fear. It's all those addressed 'To Whom it May Concern'" - Anonymous

Return to “Dead Reign™”