MV-22 Osprey

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

MV-22 Osprey

Unread post by Anthar »

"Osprey"
MV-22 Osprey Medium-Lift, Multi-mission, Tilt-Rotor Aircraft
The Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey is a multi-mission, military, tiltrotor aircraft with both a vertical takeoff and landing (VTOL) and short takeoff and landing (STOL) capability. It is designed to perform missions like a conventional helicopter with the long-range, high-speed cruise performance of a turboprop aircraft. This configuration is used by the us Marine Corp and the US Army featuring a remotely operated weapon turret for the MV-22, based on the remote guardian system (RGS), which provides 360° coverage. The RGS is belly-mounted on the MV-22 and is armed with a GAU-17 7.62mm minigun. It is replacing the Marine Corps' CH-46E and CH-53D.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VMM-162_Osprey_on_the_tarmac_in_Iraq_on_April_1-2008.JPG
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:V-22_M240_machine_gun.jpg

Crew: 4: Pilot, Co-pilot and two crew.
Passeengers: 24 Troops.
Primary Purpose: Assault transport for troops, equipment and supplies.
SDC by location:
*Belly Turret - 100
*Door Gunner Weapon Mount - 50
Bay Door - 200
**Rotors (2) - 150 each
Wings (2) - 300 each
**Engines (2) - 300 each
Tail - 200
Cockpit -150
***Main Body - 600
* A sing asterisk denotes a target that is difficult ro hit. To hit these targets requires a called shot and made with a -3 to strike.
** The rotors are a difficult target to shoot and require a called shot with a -4 penalty. Destroying one rotor while the aircraft is engaged in VTOL will cause it to crash. If the aircraft looses one rotor in fixed wing flight, its speed will be reduced by half. No penalty to strike the engines though the same results will occur.
*** Depleting the SDC of the main body destroys the aircraft.
Speed:
Ground: Only by being towed by another vehicle.
Flying: The MV-22B can hover stationary, or achieve a maximum speed of 351 mph(565 km). Its maximum altitude is 15,000ft (4572 m).
Statistical Data:
Height: 6ft (1.83m) main body, 22ft 7 in (6.73 m) including rotor.
Width: 6ft (1.83m) main body, 84ft 7in (25.78m) including rotor.
Length: 24ft 2in (7.37m) main body, 57ft 4in (17.47m).
Weight: 16.57 tons
Range: 1,011 miles, 1,627 km.
Cargo: Up to 3 tons without affecting performance and up to 4 tons, but this will reduce the range by half.
AR: 10, will delfect small arms fire up to, but not including the .50 caliber.
Cost: $96.2 million.
Weapon Systems:
1. Belly Gun(1): Remote Guardian System is belly-mounted on the MV-22 and is armed with a GAU-17 7.62mm minigun.
Purpose: Anti-personnel and Assault.
Damage: 6D6 per round
Range: 4,000 feet (1219m)
Rate of Fire: Bursts only use burst rules.
Payload: 2,000 rounds.
2. Door Gunner's Turret (1): Any machinegun up to a .50 caliber can be mounted for use in the rear bay door.
Sensors and Other features: The CV-22 are equipped with a Raytheon AN/APQ-186 terrain-following, multi-mode radar. The helicopter night-vision system is the Raytheon AN/AAQ-16 (V-22) FLIR, which is mounted on the nose. The aircraft's electronic warfare suite includes the ATK AN/AAR-47 missile warning system, which consists of four electro-optic sensors with photomultipliers, a signal processing unit and a cockpit display. The aircraft is also equipped with a radar and infrared threat warning system and chaff and flare dispensers with 60 rounds of dispensables. The CV-22 also has the Suite of Integrated Radio Frequency Measures (SIRFC).
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: MV-22 Osprey

Unread post by jaymz »

Looks good to me. No mention of sensors or electronic equipment though?
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Beatmeclever
Adventurer

Unread post by Beatmeclever »

I included a ground attack variant of the Osprey in a recent game.

Simply add Two (2) 20mm Rotary Cannons to the Left side of the vehicle (pointed perpendicular to the airframe), One (1) Fire Control Radar (A powerful radar array with a 180 degree field of view for targeting coverage), and One (1) Bofors Cannon.

The radar is designed for ground attack (strike) and Close Air Support operations. It is able to collect information on all moving objects within a range of 40 miles (64 km) in all kinds of weather. The radar can accurately track 30 targets at once and interpret up to 15 of the objects simultaneously, measuring the dimensions of each, computing altitude, speed and bearing, and visually display this information in digital and alphanumeric form on the gunner's multi-purpose display console.

This vehicle doesn't exist in reality yet, but during the Vietnam War the Army tried the "Spooky" gunship idea with the Chinook helicopter. It failed, but it served as inspiration for this.
"The impossibility of the world lies in the fact that it has no equivalent anywhere;it cannot be exchanged for anything. The uncertainty of thought lies in the fact that it cannot be exchanged either for truth or for reality. Is it thought which tips the world over into uncertainty, or the other way around? This in itself is part of the uncertainty." - J. Baudrillard
Peacebringer
Adventurer

Unread post by Peacebringer »

I loved my RPG books and video games about future wars from the early and mid-90s. They had a lot of futurist vehicles like the Osprey and the Commanche LHX that was suppose to be state of the art in the future, only to be canceled by the military.

How's 2142? I bought it recently, but I have yet to install it.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Peacebringer wrote:How's 2142? I bought it recently, but I have yet to install it.

Awsome once you get the hang of the different weapons. Just a little tip, use the Infantry/Assault (use the first aid kit to heal others to get more points0 until you get some unlocks then use claymores(has a different name) by dropping them in high traffic areas to get some easy kills.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”