A Survivor's Journal...

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Re: A Survivor's Journal...

Unread post by Nightbreed »

Moonshadow wrote:I have to agree with Nightbreed on this. The story can wait, but the Wife may not be so inclinded to do the same. And as the old saying goes.
"If Momma is not happy, no one is happy".

:lol:

The irony of my statement being that i'm not nor will i ever be married. :lol:

Besides, one of my friends preaches that all the time. "must appease the wife" "What the wife wants the wife gets" etc. :D
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Yeah better to appease the wife lest she perform some secret ritual passed down from mother to daughter and turns you in to an actual zombie. I figure its something that every mother teachers her daughter, afterall my wife can pretty much kill with a glance if she's in that kind of mood. Why not zombify?
-Matt
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

azazel1024 wrote:Yeah better to appease the wife lest she perform some secret ritual passed down from mother to daughter and turns you in to an actual zombie. I figure its something that every mother teachers her daughter, afterall my wife can pretty much kill with a glance if she's in that kind of mood. Why not zombify?
-Matt

I thought the wives already zombified the husbands. Just instead of "Brains!" The husband replies "Yes Dear." :lol:
azazel1024
Champion

Nightbreed wrote:
azazel1024 wrote:Yeah better to appease the wife lest she perform some secret ritual passed down from mother to daughter and turns you in to an actual zombie. I figure its something that every mother teachers her daughter, afterall my wife can pretty much kill with a glance if she's in that kind of mood. Why not zombify?
-Matt

I thought the wives already zombified the husbands. Just instead of "Brains!" The husband replies "Yes Dear." :lol:

Except zombies can't sass when they say "Brains!" I can't put a world of sass in to "Yes dead."
-Matt
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

I don't like it when characters die, but this time the dice didn't want her to live. Pity.

As usual the dice gods demanded blood...... :frust: D'OH!

Seems no secondary character can last too long, though alice was the longest i think (not going back to check :P ). I think Leon should get new dice for each character (unless he's been using different dice then i guess that'll nix that) so they MIGHT have a better chance to actually get to safety. :bandit:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Leon Kennedy wrote:Journal Entry - Peter McAuliffe

I have found the way from this office beyond the cafeteria and into the main portion of the facility. I assumed that this was the standard loading dock for the facility, but I was wrong. This is the area where they brought medical supplies and classified items into the facility. And of course, the area would have been staffed with high-ranking officers and security guards with the appropriate security clearance. Which now makes the computer and the file in this area at least make sense as to why they are here.

The entrance to the main facility is through a secret door in the kitchen of the cafeteria, on the inside of one of the coolers/refrigerators. And I found it quite by accident. I had gone back to the warehouse area to see about going down one of the other hallways, but they were all false/fake. None of them had any exits that I could see to other areas, and they all circled back around towards the warehouse itself. This leads me to believe that there are other secret areas in this facility that I don't know about. I don't know if that's exciting or scary. Anyhow, I had gone back to cafeteria to see about getting some more food, and I went into the cooler. I moved a box of rotten food out of the way, and it dropped to the floor onto a pressure plate near the shelves. The plate went down, and this door opened, leading to a small hallway that ends in a door. I opened the door a little bit, and I saw a hallway near the main security office, which I am very familiar with.

I didn't go too far out of the door as I could hear and see zombies in that hallway. There weren't many of them, but there were enough to make me think about going out there. I don't see why I'm scared to go out there - it's not like they have been attacking me or causing me harm lately. Which is funny - now that I think about it, every time I've encountered zombies in a hostile situation they have always gone after everyone else I was with, and not me. In fact, the only time I can remember one of them even causing me any harm was when Miller lifted me off the ground and threw me into the wall. But I'm not going to take any unnecessary chances. Not yet, anyhow.

Now that I know where the main security office is, I can find my way through the rest of this facility. And the main research laboratory isn't that far from the security office. And I'm hoping that in one of those areas I'll either find some answers or at least the password to the file that I can't get in to on that darned computer.

Speaking of which, I was going through the rest of the applications and files on the computer, and I came across something very interesting. Most of it was corrupted and unreadable, but what could be read was more like fiction than real-life. The most interesting passage read "...Trials have been mostly unsuccessful, with only 1 viable candidate. Serum is deemed usable only in extreme circumstances, but may have limited applications in combat...". Sounds to me like they were creating something major down here. Who was the 1 viable candidate? Me? Maybe I'll find out when I get to the security office...

Forgot to add: *in a classic "To Be Continued voice"* "Will Sgt. McAuliffe finally find the key to the whole zombiepocalypse? Will he finally find the truth about himself? Find out in our next episode!!!!" *keys 50's horror music* :lol:

Hope you have a good weekend Leon. 8)
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

tlazaroff wrote:GREAT story Leon! I just finished reading it all in a matter of a few days and am caught up. I can't wait to see what happens to our current "hero". I do miss Lilly though, I really liked her character but what are you going to do? The Dice Gods demand blood, you must appease.

Now I hope that by licking "Notify me when a reply is posted" I'll get email alerts when any new post is made, instead of just in reply to mine. If not, anyone know how to "subscribe" to this thread? Or should I just check back daily?

Yeah, just check "notify me when a reply is posted" and you'll get an e-mail saying a reply to the thread has been made and click on the link.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

tlazaroff wrote:GREAT story Leon! I just finished reading it all in a matter of a few days and am caught up. I can't wait to see what happens to our current "hero". I do miss Lilly though, I really liked her character but what are you going to do? The Dice Gods demand blood, you must appease.

Now I hope that by licking "Notify me when a reply is posted" I'll get email alerts when any new post is made, instead of just in reply to mine. If not, anyone know how to "subscribe" to this thread? Or should I just check back daily?

subscribe to thread
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Bet you it was the General who is running the show here who whacked the sarge over the head. Then of course they'll be some evil quack with delusions of godhood as the General's second in command who will be sooooo happy about what he has created. :rolleyes:

I think this story may be in "revelation mode". As the powers that be reveal their master plan, whatever the heck it may be. :?:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

rearnakedchoke wrote:Hopefully he secured that .22 somewhere hidden so he's got a weapon when he wakes up........if he wakes up! :twisted:

He'll wake up, i'm sure Leon won't totally leave us in the dark with the revelations. (we hope. :P ) As for that .22, unless he hid it real deep in the crevices of his backside, i'd say it's gone. ;)
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

The odd thing is that whoever or whatever dumped me in here at least had the good sense to not strip me of the .22, which was in a pocket in my pants. Unless they didn't know it was there. But I still at least have a weapon.

See that's just VERY BAD security! :badbad: :eek: Since i work security, i'm kinda peeved (and a tad insulted :x :P )that the sarge wasn't searched. Still, now it seems that he might have a fighting chance.
azazel1024
Champion

It depends on who, or should I say what, is running security.
-Matt
Shorty
D-Bee
Comment: Credo Quia Absurdum

Unread post by Shorty »

azazel1024 wrote:It depends on who, or should I say what, is running security.
-Matt

I agree. Miller probably doesn't care if Peter has a .22 or not.
Shorty,
"[A] wise and frugal government...shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
--Thomas Jefferson
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

tlazaroff wrote:
Shorty wrote:
azazel1024 wrote:It depends on who, or should I say what, is running security.
-Matt

I agree. Miller probably doesn't care if Peter has a .22 or not.

Considering he's quick as lightening and seemingly invulnerable.

Sorry i don't see Miller as the one who knocked him out, just doesn't seem that smart these days in his current condition.
azazel1024
Champion

The comatose prefer the term "nearly deceased" thank you very much :-D
-matt
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Starting to wonder if he's a new type of zombie and his mind is playing tricks on him to assist with the belief that he is indeed alive. Still tricky trying to see how him controlling zombies is non-psionic or non-magic, but other than an implant either in the base of the skull or some other sci-fi trick i have to say i'm actually a tad stumped in this little riddle about the sarge. :-?

Great storytelling Leon! Can't wait for when you reveal the answer. :ok: :D
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Smlawrence8 »

Leon Kennedy wrote:I apologize for the late post today. I was working on some stuff for work, some stuff for HU, and I'm a little under the weather. But here you all go...

How dare you work on work, work on other stuff, then to top it off you wanna be "sick"....pfft
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

I apologize for the late post today. I was working on some stuff for work, some stuff for HU, and I'm a little under the weather. But here you all go...

Two words: Chicken Soup ;)
Lando The Archmagi
D-Bee

Unread post by Lando The Archmagi »

Leon Kennedy wrote:I must apologize for today - I am extremely sick and haven't spent much time awake. I apologize to you all, and hopefully I'll be better enough tomorrow to post an entry.

Dude get better, the story can wait, RL and your health comes first. I must say I'm a late arrival, having read the story for over a couple of weeks, but I love it. I ordered Dead Reign in my Xmas grab back and picked up some zombie comics and stuff for inspiration. Love your story.
Lando The Archmagi
RPG Tournament Judge/Attendee
Dragon*Con 2010
http://www.dragoncon.org
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Leon Kennedy wrote:I must apologize for today - I am extremely sick and haven't spent much time awake. I apologize to you all, and hopefully I'll be better enough tomorrow to post an entry.

Seriously man get better.... thanks for the update, but we will understand if you are not back for a few days.... take time get health....I mean really none of us wants to catch swine flu through your typing (at least I think the news said I can get it that way)....lol
See you when you get back
cyber-yukongil v2.5 wrote:man-day-dreaming of how you would take out terrorists if they jumped through the windows in the dentist's office (answer; with badass kung fu and that pencil the lady next to you is doing her suidoku puzzle with) and wondering what it would feel like to kill someone, are two completely different things.
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

You didn't get scratched by a zombie I hope?
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

very strange but it seems you might be contagious through the computer, i think i'm coming down sick after just reading that- nothing better than to be sick on vacation...
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Torval
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Torval »

I just want to say that I've been reading this all along and it's simply awesome dude. I hope you start to feel better. I am also sick. In fact, I ended up vomiting on myself on the way to work today so I had to turn around and come home. Anyways, keep up with the great story.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

So he WAS an experiment! Interesting! I see you're still keeping us in suspense about his zombie commanding abilities, but i think that it has to do with the fact that he's "patient zero" so to speak. I got to say this is interesting especially with you keeping us all guessing! I seriously hope that you are able to publish this into a short story type or even a novel! You're a good writer Leon and you deserve to have others also appreciate your work! :ok:
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

And the mystery gets even more interesting..... 8)

Great way to start the week Leon. Hopefully your job won't work you too much so you can add to the story.
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Leon Kennedy wrote:
BARQ wrote:leon not sure any one has mentioned this but i think this would make a great mini tv series, this is wayyyy better than the bunk 28 days, and yes i did like 28 days.
way to go leon hope our secret friends get eaten by the fliers. then we can zedify them.

A tv mini-series? Wow. Thanks!

Actually, read my post on Day of the Dead. I am toying around with writing a script.

Cool, first a novel idea and now a script! Just remember us fans when you make it big. ;) :D
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Just do what you can Leon. I think people here understand how life/work gets in the way of things at times. :|
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Good way to end the week. Hope you have a good and restful weekend! :D
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Great entry Leon
azazel1024
Champion

Thanks for the stories! I look forward to you (Hopefully, pretty, pretty please) starting up a new one in a couple of months.

I can understand how you feel about the story, even with the 'odd' angle it started to get you still managed to make it really interesting and I looked forward to your updates to the story.

Good luck with things and hopefully you'll start another one eventually.

Thanks.

And the mice created the Earth. Just to keep things in perspective.
-Matt
Ronin84
D-Bee

Unread post by Ronin84 »

Well...I an not a fan of the game but was using some of the ideas for another game but kept on coming back every few days to catch up on the story. Hope all is well in the real world and when you have a chance would love to see more of your writing, have a great holiday season!
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

It's sad to see you end this. You still had avenues to go with the Sarge, especially with him being an experiment an d all, but i can't blame you for ending it with this if you don't like the way the character is playing out. I hear about writers in comics all the time leaving the book because they didn't like where the character development was leading.

The source of where the virus came from. Good idea. But my execution of it was bad. And then to have him command the undead? Again, good idea, bad execution. The only way to explain his ability to command the undead is to use magic, and DR purists hate the thought of magic in this part of the megaverse.

While i understand it is your story i do disagree, i felt it was fine. (i really liked trying to figure things out. :D ) I'll never understand why the idea of this version of the zombiepocalypse being created by magic is so thought of in a negative manner. It was Citizen Lazlo's first glimpse of DR in the Rifter that got me VERY interested. It was a whole new concept and one that didn't involve either the unknown ("i don't know what caused this") or science gone wrong (T-virus and other things) The fact that a cult did this to try to bring a Demon Lord over to our plane was a fresh idea IMHO and the fact that it turned into a zombiepocalypse was just the cherry on top, but i guess to each their own... :-?

Still Leon, this was great while it lasted, and you do deserve a break. Will be on the lookout for your next story. Until then you take care, keep you affairs in order and of corse, do keep the Mrs happy. 8)
Shorty
D-Bee
Comment: Credo Quia Absurdum

Unread post by Shorty »

I understand your reasoning for stopping the story, and I have to say that I will be eagerly awaiting your next one when you decide to do it.
Shorty,
"[A] wise and frugal government...shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government."
--Thomas Jefferson
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

That's a shame Leon. I've been quietly following your story from the first post, and I've been enjoying it a lot.

I don't agree that the only way to explain Peters control over the undead. I myself took it as some variant of a hive mind, like ants or bees nests and how they work together. Maybe Peter was the 'queen' bee and the zombies were the worker/soldier ants. Not magical or psionic, just a perversion of a biological system.

Still, no point to push it, if you've become disappointed with the way the story is going, the worst you can do it to force yourself.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Smlawrence8
Dungeon Crawler

Alright broham....

I have to say I am terribly disappointed. I read a story for the ride that it takes me on. I do not always agree with the bumps in the road, but its your car you can drive how you like. I am just hitching along to get to the end. I thoroughly enjoyed every second that I "wasted" reading this story. It was amazing.

I have enjoyed the characters that you created (everyone of them). One of the main reasons I stayed on this board was due to this story.

That said.........I understand and respect you stopping the trip when we took a wrong turn.

Thank you for the time that I and others (that I have sent here to read this) have been able to enjoy with you. I wait expectantly for the next Leonic brilliance
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Story has ended. Unstickied thread.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
thorr-kan
Adventurer

Unread post by thorr-kan »

Leon Kennedy wrote:I am sorry to say that this story is at an end. Peter is on the lowest level of the facility, and is about to run into a pretty large contingent of armed guards.

Finish him!

Seriously, I'd recommend one last post to close off the story. Clear the creative decks, so to speak.
I have a blog; come see what I've created: https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/
-The 2024 Character Creation Challenge (#charactercreationchallenge):
https://thewhiteminotaur.wordpress.com/ ... challenge/
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Just know that Peter is dead, and he won't be bothering anyone. Well, at least not as a human being. :twisted:

Thought he already was dead-ish. Just with some powers over the dead, making him a zombie master of sorts. ;) :lol:
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Nightbreed wrote:Thought he already was dead-ish. Just with some powers over the dead, making him a zombie master of sorts. ;) :lol:

He's the ZM! Run! Peter is an omnisentient zombie controlling hive mind! :?

Back on topic.: Great story Leon, I can't wait to see what ideas you have in the works... no really I can't wait. *Mind Bonds Leon*.... *Mind Wipes leon's side of the bond.*

Return to “Dead Reign™”