MOSPEADA / New Generation Question

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

avollant
Wanderer
Comment: "Governments don't make mistakes; they encounter delays and setbacks!

MOSPEADA / New Generation Question

Unread post by avollant »

I am currently watching the epiode of the New Generation saga of Robotech... as I'm watching, I've notice small discrepency.

Things like why the flora look more like North America than South America?

Like I didn't know there was Grizzly Bear in South America?

Like Why the desert look more like the picture we got from Texas and Nevada?

If any one had the chance to watch the original Mospeada, could you tell me if Scott and the gang were in North America or the South?

Just currious.
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Re: MOSPEADA / New Generation Question

Unread post by wildhood »

It look like they started in South America & work there way up to North America. The bear could have escape from a zoo or a circus. The seeds from plants in North America could of blowed by the wind or plants could of been transplanted by people trying to rebuild the echo system in South America from all the destrucsion Zeds, Masters & Invid did.
Last edited by wildhood on Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

avollant wrote:I am currently watching the episode of the New Generation saga of Robotech... as I'm watching, I've notice small discrepancy.

1) Things like why the flora look more like North America than South America?

2) Like I didn't know there was Grizzly Bear in South America?

3) Like Why the desert look more like the picture we got from Texas and Nevada?

4) If any one had the chance to watch the original Mospeada, could you tell me if Scott and the gang were in North America or the South?

Just curious.

1: like said before they start out in SA and move to NA. also, the Japanese animators live in an ecosystem more like NA then SA.

2) n/c

3) Rain of Death
The animators were working from pictures.

4) can't help you there.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

According to all the books and the videos, Scott crashed in SA, worked his way up into NA gathering the band as he went. The battle of Reflex Point seems to to take place around the areas of chicago and the Amercan side of the Great lakes.

As far as plant life... perhaps the explanation that the animators used what they knew serves best.

Desert terrain couldhave been copied from the ones we know in Arizona & other areas to len realism to the scene.

By the time Scott, Rand and the rest of the crew ge to the point where they encounter the Grizzly I think they are already in NA as they were heading to or from Rendevous point K where Scott was to meet up w/re-enforcements.
I'm pretty sure Point K was in the midwest as the band had to cross the Rockies first, and at that time they only had the Alpha that Lunk had repaired (the one that Scott was using).
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

keir451 wrote:By the time Scott, Rand and the rest of the crew ge to the point where they encounter the Grizzly I think they are already in NA as they were heading to or from Rendevous point K where Scott was to meet up w/re-enforcements.
I'm pretty sure Point K was in the midwest as the band had to cross the Rockies first, and at that time they only had the Alpha that Lunk had repaired (the one that Scott was using).

The Grizzly was encountered in an early epsiode, so it was in SA.

Point K is also in SA. When they arrived in NA they had the 3 Alphas and Beta.

In the episode "Seperate Ways" Scott is going over a map of their projected course. At this point they are still in SA heading toward NA.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”